- Alice Boman Brings Sweet Tidings To The Empty Bottle
- Reeling LGBT International Film Festival Returns For Its 32nd Edition
- Simply Put, 'Boyhood' Is Extraordinary
- Pencil This In: Three Dots And A Dash's First Anniversary Bash
- It's Official: Chicago Has The Best New American Cocktail Bar And The World's Best Cocktail Menu
- Music Box's Son Of 70mm Film Festival Is A BFD
- Obsolescence Forever! Celebrating A Low-Budget Musical And 28mm Filmmaking
- Two Local Filmmakers Get Encores
- 70mm Film Festival Returning To The Music Box
- Murakami Brings His Delightfully Weird 'Jellyfish Eyes' To The MCA
- Pencil This In: Everything is Terrible! At The Siskel
- Two Nelson Algren Documentaries Race To The Finish Line
- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
- Duke Ellington's Only Opera Coming To Chicago
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock Planet of the Apes poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid superheroes tiki trash w.c. fields Wallace Shawn war Westerns Wim Wenders Woody Allen
- Beer. (at @BigChicks in Chicago, IL) swarmapp.com/randomcha/chec… 11 hours ago
- Great photo. timehop.com/c/fup:47913313… http://t.co/Jp1bPlJTRX 22 hours ago
- Why's this feedback so valuable? It forces you to justify your choices & truly pay attention that little Edward G. Robinson in your gut. 1 day ago
- Feedback every filmmaker hates/needs: "Your movie's wonderful, but what if you rethought the whole project & completely overhauled it?" 1 day ago
- RT @AmznMovieRevws: The Wizard of Oz. http://t.co/QWh5nsKPE2 1 day ago
- RT @ThatsOurWaldo: “Hanging with my friend David Lynch... damn good hair!” —Kyle MacLachlan (September 2014). http://t.co/REp9KkJi5e 1 day ago
- I'm at Golden House Restaurant & Pancake House in Chicago, IL swarmapp.com/randomcha/chec… 1 day ago
- I'm at Lao Sze Chuan in Chicago, IL swarmapp.com/randomcha/chec… 2 days ago
- Gauntlet. Thrown. @DCVito: Art Institute of Chicago Named Best Museum in the World nbcchicago.com/news/local/Art… 2 days ago
- That "Squee!" you hear is @NicksFlickPicks learning that Todd Haynes' SAFE is getting a @Criterion release. 2 days ago
Tag Archives: 3 things
The Unbearable Lightness of Being  1. A tangled embrace on top of the mirror. 2. “There’s only one thing. He doesn’t like my hat.” 3. The dog and the pig rest together peacefully on the ground.
Double Indemnity  1. “Alright, turn the record over, let’s hear the other side.” 2. Going to the drugstore at 11 o’clock to get something to eat. 3. She shoots him from across the room; he shoots her up close.
Life Itself  1. Seeing the same theater, onscreen, that I’m sitting in as I watch the movie. 2. “They were a pair of Siamese twins joined at the rear end.” 3. A reprieve, courtesy Leonard Cohen.
The Desert Fox: The Story of Rommel  1. Only Luther Adler, playing Hitler, attempts a German accent. 2. “My heart, of course, bleeds for you.” 3. A poison that takes three seconds.
Rhapsody in August  1. A Brooklyn t-shirt tucked into high-waisted jeans. 2. The blind man feels his way around the monument. To remember. 3. “Many who wore white were saved on that day!”
While the City Sleeps  1. He uses peanuts to represent each of the three candidates. Then he eats them. 2. “Faithful as the day is long.” “If it’s the shortest day of the year. But where would women like … Continue reading
For Your Eyes Only  1. Graham Crowden’s cameo. 2. “Now put your clothes back on, and I’ll buy you an ice cream.” 3. Rinkside tables with little urns of glühwein. 3 other things.