- 'Twin Peaks' + Tiki = Tremendous
- Luxury Movie Theater Coming To Block 37 After All
- Alice Boman Brings Sweet Tidings To The Empty Bottle
- Reeling LGBT International Film Festival Returns For Its 32nd Edition
- Simply Put, 'Boyhood' Is Extraordinary
- Pencil This In: Three Dots And A Dash's First Anniversary Bash
- It's Official: Chicago Has The Best New American Cocktail Bar And The World's Best Cocktail Menu
- Music Box's Son Of 70mm Film Festival Is A BFD
- Obsolescence Forever! Celebrating A Low-Budget Musical And 28mm Filmmaking
- Two Local Filmmakers Get Encores
- 70mm Film Festival Returning To The Music Box
- Murakami Brings His Delightfully Weird 'Jellyfish Eyes' To The MCA
- Pencil This In: Everything is Terrible! At The Siskel
- Two Nelson Algren Documentaries Race To The Finish Line
- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart joan crawford Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid superheroes tiki trash w.c. fields Wallace Shawn war Werner Herzog Westerns Woody Allen
- Tomorrow night's double feature at home: MAD LOVE and THE DEVIL DOLL. 1 hour ago
- check it out timehop.com/c/t:3955495146… http://t.co/aDVucikwen 5 hours ago
- I'm at @BigChicks in Chicago, IL swarmapp.com/c/kblsRUOR8Q9 16 hours ago
- RT @WhistlerChicago: F R E A K Y T I K I http://t.co/vgJEwPGHiL 20 hours ago
- October 29 haiku. wp.me/pymbF-1m2 21 hours ago
- 3 things about David Miller’s THE STORY OF ESTHER COSTELLO wp.me/pymbF-1m0 23 hours ago
- October 28 haiku. wp.me/pymbF-1lY 1 day ago
- Turtles. wp.me/symbF-turtles 2 days ago
- Birthday drink with Anthony (@ Three Dots and a Dash - @threedotschi in Chicago, IL) swarmapp.com/c/6UYNLh0MkAN 2 days ago
- 3 things about Bob Rafelson’s FIVE EASY PIECES wp.me/pymbF-1lT 2 days ago
Tag Archives: 3 things
The Story of Esther Costello  1. “You can turn a hard woman into a soft woman. It’s like hardboiling an egg backwards.” 2. “Book. Book. Book. Book. Book.” 3. Perverse: rape heals her psychological trauma.
Five Easy Pieces  1. “Not dirt. See, dirt isn’t bad. It’s filth! Filth is bad. That’s what starts maggots and riots.” 2. A crooked candlestick on the mantel. 3. He doesn’t close her door on the way out; he … Continue reading
Take Shelter  1. “Is anyone else seeing this?” 2. A knife on the drainboard, covered with flies. 3. He holds out his hand, trembling, keyring looped around his finger.
National Gallery  1. Varnish. Shiny, buffed floors. 2. A hunting horn, a lobster, a peeled lemon. 3. He collects the tiniest possible sample and places it on a glass slide. Phenomenal.
The Laughing Policeman  1. Chivas Regal and rubbers. 2. “Did she go out with a lot of men?” “She didn’t go out with men … at all.” 3. The table legs are actually legs.
The Craft  1. “What’s going on? Are you girls getting high?” 2. A jukebox that plays nothing but Connie Francis records. 3. Python bannister.
Algren  1. “The true voice of the people belongs to the inarticulate.” 2. “Walking into his apartment was like walking into a scrapbook.” 3. Playing at the beach. An enormous belly, spindly legs. Featuring nearly 200 amazing photographs by … Continue reading