- It's Official: Chicago Has The Best New American Cocktail Bar And The World's Best Cocktail Menu
- Music Box's Son Of 70mm Film Festival Is A BFD
- Obsolescence Forever! Celebrating A Low-Budget Musical And 28mm Filmmaking
- Two Local Filmmakers Get Encores
- 70mm Film Festival Returning To The Music Box
- Murakami Brings His Delightfully Weird 'Jellyfish Eyes' To The MCA
- Pencil This In: Everything is Terrible! At The Siskel
- Two Nelson Algren Documentaries Race To The Finish Line
- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
- Duke Ellington's Only Opera Coming To Chicago
- 10 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'Christmas Is Not For Everyone'
- A Crime Novelist, A Master Chef, A Burlesque Dancer And A Music Critic Walk Into A Bar ...
- Reeling Reborn: 31st Edition Of The LGBT Film Festival Begins Thursday
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford bill murray books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies muppets music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock Planet of the Apes poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid superheroes tiki trash w.c. fields war Westerns Wim Wenders Woody Allen
- RT @Bitchuation: Overheard, Man on phone: "I don't want this to come back on you. I don't think coming back works." 8 hours ago
- RT @GregKurstin: After much thought, going over the pros and cons, asked my guru, went on a vision quest, I've decided not to accept your L… 15 hours ago
- RT @kenneymarlatt: I know this one place that still has them. MT @punch_drink: What ever happened to the plastic swizzle stick? http://t.… 15 hours ago
- Creepy stock images of people smiling with scary-white teeth. 15 hours ago
- So, discovered that my old manager from my very first Starbucks job. c.1995 is now a next-door neighbor! City living is awesome. 16 hours ago
- RT @Booklist_Keir: On that same subject, be sure to read @Booklist_Bill: "You really can’t afford not to read and drink in bars." http://t.… 16 hours ago
- RT @TwinPeaksArchve: This will be yours. 7/29. @therealraywise http://t.co/CwEBttDC6C 19 hours ago
- 3 things about Steven Lisberger’s TRON wp.me/pymbF-1hI 21 hours ago
- I'm at @MusicBoxTheatre for Tron w/ @palmer73 4sq.com/1ruV6dT 1 day ago
- Karl Malden's combover. Epic in 70mm. And yeah, his nose. Scott's eyebrows dyed white. 1 day ago
Tag Archives: 3 things
TRON  1. Air-pop popcorn maker in his cubicle. 2. “Elementary physics, a beam of energy can always be diverted. Are we there yet, Mommy?” 3. Collapsed in the chair behind his desk. Blank expression. The sunrise glowing through the … Continue reading
Sexy Beast  1. No no no no no no no no no … 2. Revolving door shot. 3. Thick red splatter on the cabinet door.
Brainstorm  1. Cliff Robertson’s pants: brown and beltless. (Sansabelt?) 2.”Go to hell.” “You go to hell!” “No, you go to hell!” “You go to hell!” 3. A soldering iron next to a cigarette.
Robot & Frank  1. Books = printed information. 2. “How are you?” “I am functioning normally.” “As am I.” 3. Before reformatting, an embrace. A sweet little movie. Frank Langella really sells it.
The Landlord  1. Early morning. The street is still almost dark. On the right side of the frame is a green light; on the left the faintly illuminated window of her apartment building’s foyer. They climb the stoop in … Continue reading
Witness to Murder  1. Would you believe Jesse White as a police detective? 2. “Show Mr. Peabody to the library, please.” 3. The police car pulls up. “What’s going on?” “Some crazy dame is trying to kill herself!” The … Continue reading
Tropical Malady  1. They fool around at the movies, the soldier’s hand on his leg and the villager’s leg on his hand. 2. “Kill him to free him from his world, or let him devour you to enter his … Continue reading
Ghostbusters II  1. Severed heads on poles. 2. “No, no. I’ve got all new cheap moves.” 3. A Santa Claus decoration stuck in the corner.
Schizopolis  1. “Is your wife coming over tonight? Because her big ass always leaves me satisfied.” 2. She peeks into her daughter’s bedroom and smiles in wonder. 3. 3 golfball bounces.