- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
- Duke Ellington's Only Opera Coming To Chicago
- 10 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'Christmas Is Not For Everyone'
- A Crime Novelist, A Master Chef, A Burlesque Dancer And A Music Critic Walk Into A Bar ...
- Reeling Reborn: 31st Edition Of The LGBT Film Festival Begins Thursday
- Perverted Movie Lovers Rejoice!
- 'Computer Chess' Is A Movie For The Nerd In All Of Us
- Serious 'Mother Of George' Suffers From Too Much Beautiful Filming
- Interview: Leonard Maltin Discusses 45 Years Of His Movie Guide
- The Onion City Film Festival Returns With A Pungent 25th Edition
- Paul McGee's Three Dots And A Dash Is A Genuine Tiki Paradise
- Kickstart 'Safe Word'
- EXCLUSIVE: Barry Gifford Shares 'A Postcard To Nelson Algren'
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Chicago Public LIbrary Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies muppets music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock Planet of the Apes poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid tiki trash w.c. fields walt disney war Westerns Wim Wenders Woody Allen
- Thanks to everyone at Three Dots and a Dash + Jeff Berry for a truly wonderful evening. 3 hours ago
- With Joey http://t.co/3oGo2r0ZDJ 5 hours ago
- "The Phantom" Duke Pearson #tikitunes 9 hours ago
- Let's get this luau started (@ Three Dots and a Dash - @threedotschi) 4sq.com/1co8hqR 10 hours ago
- Be here at 5. Trust me. MT @ThreeDotsCHI Tonight we're thrilled to have @BeachBumBerry and & his new book http://t.co/Q7dxpTRCm3 11 hours ago
- Time for a slice of pizza & a big glass of water #pretikipreventativemeasures 11 hours ago
- RT @j1mc: One thing about CD's . . . when you have friends over, no one asks to look at your collection of MP3's. 12 hours ago
- DJ RandomCha (yours truly) = tonight at 5pm @ThreeDotsCHI. Be there or be square. Preview: Potions of the Caribbean spoti.fi/1g5FBCe 16 hours ago
- We just watched the first 2 episodes of THE ASCENT of MAN. Wonderful. Fantastic. dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/12/08/the… 1 day ago
- RT @ALALibrary: Finding ALA Editions title in the #sxsw book store :-) shout outs to Lauren Comito, Christian Zabriskie, and Aliq... http:/… 1 day ago
Tag Archives: 3 things
Visitors  1. Crumbling clown head. 2. Pinch. 3. Corporate totems tumble amidst the garbage.
The Deadly Affair  1. He silently watches her fix herself a cup of tea. He neither asks for one himself, nor does she offer one. 2. “You never said that. Additionally, I never heard you.” 3. His hands gripping … Continue reading
Absence of Malice  1. “And the other’s I’m gonna have somebody’s ass in my briefcase.” 2. Spilled coffee, computer printouts. 3. He’s a connoisseur of fine wines but when it comes to beer, he exclusively drinks Budweiser.
The ‘Burbs  1. “I’m going to go do something productive. I’m going to go watch television.” 2. The sound of sardines. 3. Credit cards melted together.
The Philadelphia Story  1. A belted swimming robe. Only the belt fastens with a clasp. 2. “C.K. Dexter Haven, I would like to talk to you.” “Well, let’s go in the talking room.” 3. Can’t quite seem to get … Continue reading
Rear Window  1. A truck sprinkles water on the pavement. A group of children follow the truck and play in the water. 2. He almost gets hit by a car, glaring at the driver as it goes past. 3. … Continue reading
Scarface  1. He tosses the gun into the hamper and covers it up with a few towels. 2. Boris Karloff’s only attempt at an American accent? 3. She enters the room dressed all in black. Seriously, except for swear … Continue reading
The Sniper  1. The crowd disperses and it’s just an empty sidewalk with bits of glass. 2. She puts the doll to bed and pours herself a nightcap. A bullet shatters the window and she crumples to the floor. … Continue reading
Unfaithfully Yours  1. “You’ve got it, boy. You don’t have to yearn for it.” 2. He nonchalantly breaks the record in half and pockets it. 3. Cabinets filled with light bulbs and carved figurines.
The Three Caballeros  1. “When they’re beak-to-beak, they can’t get cheek-to-cheek.” 2. Magenta Baia. 3. Calliope cacti.