- Pencil This In: Everything is Terrible! At The Siskel
- Two Nelson Algren Documentaries Race To The Finish Line
- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
- Duke Ellington's Only Opera Coming To Chicago
- 10 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'Christmas Is Not For Everyone'
- A Crime Novelist, A Master Chef, A Burlesque Dancer And A Music Critic Walk Into A Bar ...
- Reeling Reborn: 31st Edition Of The LGBT Film Festival Begins Thursday
- Perverted Movie Lovers Rejoice!
- 'Computer Chess' Is A Movie For The Nerd In All Of Us
- Serious 'Mother Of George' Suffers From Too Much Beautiful Filming
- Interview: Leonard Maltin Discusses 45 Years Of His Movie Guide
- The Onion City Film Festival Returns With A Pungent 25th Edition
- Paul McGee's Three Dots And A Dash Is A Genuine Tiki Paradise
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Chicago Public LIbrary Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies muppets music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock Planet of the Apes poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid tiki trash w.c. fields walt disney war Westerns Wim Wenders Woody Allen
- Listening to @NancySinatra & Lee. Man this record is still so solid. 6 hours ago
- I'm at Jin Ju (Chicago, IL) 4sq.com/1hLisXk 9 hours ago
- Only 1 episode left of THE ASCENT OF MAN :( I have genuinely enjoyed this journey with J. Bronowski. 16 hours ago
- Conformist! RT @andymcphalanx I'm just a guy, sitting in a bathtub, reading existential mid-century fiction over a bottle of wine. 1 day ago
- "The few contemporary American filmmakers (Malick, Lynch) who still joust at the windmills of Hollywood, Inc." bit.ly/RmqAUn 1 day ago
- 3 things about Jeannot Szwarc's SOMEWHERE IN TIME wp.me/pymbF-1fe 1 day ago
- After work drink at 676 (at @OmniHotelS) 4sq.com/1m3F0CT 2 days ago
- He is either being tortured or is suffering PTSD from previous torture. In our America. wp.me/p33JF9-YAP 2 days ago
- Sweater weather. 2 days ago
- Occasionally we're behind the times. Whilst you were watching #GoT tonight Andy & I were watching an episode from Season 3 of #BSG. 3 days ago
Tag Archives: 3 things
Somewhere in Time  1. “There are people waiting on that play!” 2. A penny from 1979. 3. Demon red eyes, pale gray skin.
The Horse’s Mouth  1. “You’re missing a big slice of life, Cokey. Half a minute of revelation’s worth a million years of know-nothing.” “Who lives a million years?” “A million people, every twelve months.” 2. As he stands up, … Continue reading
The Big Cube  1. She got that accent in Switzerland? I guess? 2. “Sweetness, baby. Flow with the tide, that’s my bag.” 3. Psychedelic moving telephone.
The Grand Budapest Hotel  1. Cat splat. 2. “I guess you would call that a draw.” 3. The knot of his tie is always crooked.
Sunset Blvd.  1. Jack Webb as a happy-go-lucky party boy. 2. As he’s leaving, his pocket chain catches on the door. 3. “Then they got a couple of pruning hooks from the garden and fished me out, ever so … Continue reading
Sense and Sensibility  1. “Marianne, could you play another piece? Mamma has been weeping since breakfast.” 2. Three women weeping behind three different doors. She sits down on the stairs and sips the cup of tea. 3. She is … Continue reading
Child’s Play  1. He stuffs the malicious note into the headmaster’s hand. 2. The casket catches on the edge of the grave. 3. As the boys encircle him, a bar of light on his eyes and mustache. James Mason … Continue reading
Hail the Conquering Hero  1. Blackout curtains at the restaurant. 2. “He’s a hero, he’s got a statue in the park and the birds sit on it.” 3. Stacks of flannel cakes. 3 other things.
Take This Waltz  1. He calls at her from across the street. “That’s too bad.” 2. On the patio, a large red wheelbarrow filled with ice and bottles of beer. 3. Sweat on her forehead. She leans her head … Continue reading
Cube  1. Scaramanga. 2. Wire twist. 3. Into the light.