- It's Official: Chicago Has The Best New American Cocktail Bar And The World's Best Cocktail Menu
- Music Box's Son Of 70mm Film Festival Is A BFD
- Obsolescence Forever! Celebrating A Low-Budget Musical And 28mm Filmmaking
- Two Local Filmmakers Get Encores
- 70mm Film Festival Returning To The Music Box
- Murakami Brings His Delightfully Weird 'Jellyfish Eyes' To The MCA
- Pencil This In: Everything is Terrible! At The Siskel
- Two Nelson Algren Documentaries Race To The Finish Line
- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
- Duke Ellington's Only Opera Coming To Chicago
- 10 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'Christmas Is Not For Everyone'
- A Crime Novelist, A Master Chef, A Burlesque Dancer And A Music Critic Walk Into A Bar ...
- Reeling Reborn: 31st Edition Of The LGBT Film Festival Begins Thursday
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford bill murray books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies muppets music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock Planet of the Apes poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid superheroes tiki trash w.c. fields war Westerns Wim Wenders Woody Allen
- Oh SNAP! RT @marcusgilmer I'm over you, Bay Area. Chicago had its mean bus people but at least they had a MIDWESTERN WORK ETHIC. 17 hours ago
- Sad. So sad. "Only one class at her school, advanced cinematography, still trains students to use film." on.wsj.com/1rZXPus 18 hours ago
- The film & where it’s at. wp.me/pymbF-1hZ 18 hours ago
- 3 things about Hal Ashby’s HAROLD AND MAUDE wp.me/pymbF-1hX 1 day ago
- RT @Bitchuation: possible tagline: NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED AFTER THIS FILM ENDS 2 days ago
- Do we all still have to pretend to give a crap about what happens in the next HOBBIT movie? 2 days ago
- Based on that call, today must be Provide Customer Service for Befuddled Geriatrics Day. Heads up. 2 days ago
- 3 things about Woody Allen’s HOLLYWOOD ENDING wp.me/pymbF-1hV 2 days ago
- 3 things about Woody Allen's THE CURSE OF THE JADE SCORPION wp.me/pymbF-1hT 3 days ago
- Newberry Book Fare was great! Lots of browsing but little actual cash spent. 7 or 8 records, 2 CDs, 1 book. 4 days ago
Tag Archives: 3 things
Harold and Maude  1. Saluting mechanism. 2. A field of daisies, a field of tombstones. 3. “Greet the dawn with a breath of fire!”
Hollywood Ending  1. He opens the bag and takes out a series of pelts. 2. In New York, a garden-level apartment with a second floor. Only in the movies. 3. “Thank God the French exist!”
The Curse of the Jade Scorpion  1. “Well, I tend to grow on people. We could meet later, and I could grow on you, if you like.” 2. He finds an old glass with a rigid lemon peel inside, … Continue reading
Patton  1. Eyebrows dyed grey. 2. He shoots the buzzards but doesn’t untie the dog. 2. “Rommel! You magnificent bastard, I read your book!” 3 other things.
It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad. Mad World  1. The men all pass the phone around until it reaches the policewoman. 2. Tape marks on the back of his overalls. 3. NIXON FOR GOVERNOR sign. 3 other things.
TRON  1. Air-pop popcorn maker in his cubicle. 2. “Elementary physics, a beam of energy can always be diverted. Are we there yet, Mommy?” 3. Collapsed in the chair behind his desk. Blank expression. The sunrise glowing through the … Continue reading
Sexy Beast  1. No no no no no no no no no … 2. Revolving door shot. 3. Thick red splatter on the cabinet door.
Brainstorm  1. Cliff Robertson’s pants: brown and beltless. (Sansabelt?) 2.”Go to hell.” “You go to hell!” “No, you go to hell!” “You go to hell!” 3. A soldering iron next to a cigarette.
Robot & Frank  1. Books = printed information. 2. “How are you?” “I am functioning normally.” “As am I.” 3. Before reformatting, an embrace. A sweet little movie. Frank Langella really sells it.