- Pencil This In: Everything is Terrible! At The Siskel
- Two Nelson Algren Documentaries Race To The Finish Line
- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
- Duke Ellington's Only Opera Coming To Chicago
- 10 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'Christmas Is Not For Everyone'
- A Crime Novelist, A Master Chef, A Burlesque Dancer And A Music Critic Walk Into A Bar ...
- Reeling Reborn: 31st Edition Of The LGBT Film Festival Begins Thursday
- Perverted Movie Lovers Rejoice!
- 'Computer Chess' Is A Movie For The Nerd In All Of Us
- Serious 'Mother Of George' Suffers From Too Much Beautiful Filming
- Interview: Leonard Maltin Discusses 45 Years Of His Movie Guide
- The Onion City Film Festival Returns With A Pungent 25th Edition
- Paul McGee's Three Dots And A Dash Is A Genuine Tiki Paradise
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Chicago Public LIbrary Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies muppets music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock Planet of the Apes poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid tiki trash w.c. fields walt disney war Westerns Wim Wenders Woody Allen
- RT @marcusgilmer: The one thing no one warns you about before you move to San Francisco is the gargantuan volume of human poop on city side… 7 hours ago
- Mmmm Vincent Price, chicken & @AngosturaUSA http://t.co/gfhav3Vmna 10 hours ago
- God grant me strength. #nextdvdfromnetflixissalò 11 hours ago
- I hope Gary Indiana is already taking notes for his next book. RT @adambvary writes: lgbt.ly/1roQbbI . http://t.co/oQAtr6smeW 11 hours ago
- RT @FernetBranca: When a bartender suggests you try #FernetBranca, they are no longer just a bartender. They are a new friend. 11 hours ago
- If Lynne Ramsay & Stanley Kubrick could collaborate, it might feel like Jonathan Glazer's UNDER THE SKIN. 3 things: wp.me/pymbF-1fn 2 days ago
- RT @mattzollerseitz: I love how Cronenberg will just pick a shot and hold it till he has no use for it anymore. Old school. 2 days ago
- 3 things about Jonathan Glazer's UNDER THE SKIN wp.me/pymbF-1fn 2 days ago
- UNDER THE SKIN has the most disquieting driving scenes since THE HEADLESS WOMAN. 2 days ago
- UNDER THE SKIN (@ Landmark Century Centre Cinema - @ltchicagoil) 4sq.com/1jywlpq 3 days ago
Tag Archives: 3 things
Under the Skin  1. Squalling baby, tide inching closer. 2. Pop. 3. It looks down at her own face.
This Is the End  1. “You never know what you’re gonna get.” 2. A pink donut with sprinkles. 3. “Throw me that knife!” 3 other things.
Late August at the Hotel Ozone  1. After bludgeoning the dog, she wipes the butt of her rifle on the grass. 2. Her first glass of milk in 15 years. She’s too overwhelmed to drink it. 3. She stares … Continue reading
Somewhere in Time  1. “There are people waiting on that play!” 2. A penny from 1979. 3. Demon red eyes, pale gray skin.
The Horse’s Mouth  1. “You’re missing a big slice of life, Cokey. Half a minute of revelation’s worth a million years of know-nothing.” “Who lives a million years?” “A million people, every twelve months.” 2. As he stands up, … Continue reading
The Big Cube  1. She got that accent in Switzerland? I guess? 2. “Sweetness, baby. Flow with the tide, that’s my bag.” 3. Psychedelic moving telephone.
The Grand Budapest Hotel  1. Cat splat. 2. “I guess you would call that a draw.” 3. The knot of his tie is always crooked.
Sunset Blvd.  1. Jack Webb as a happy-go-lucky party boy. 2. As he’s leaving, his pocket chain catches on the door. 3. “Then they got a couple of pruning hooks from the garden and fished me out, ever so … Continue reading
Sense and Sensibility  1. “Marianne, could you play another piece? Mamma has been weeping since breakfast.” 2. Three women weeping behind three different doors. She sits down on the stairs and sips the cup of tea. 3. She is … Continue reading