- Gender-Bending Melodrama "The New Girlfriend" Is A Crowd-Pleaser
- The Intriguing Line-Up For This Year's LGBTQ Reeling Film Festival
- Watch The Best Of Vintage Film Noir All Weekend At The Music Box
- Wyndham Wallace Takes Us Inside The Very Special World of Lee Hazlewood
- 'Live From New York!' Is A Shrugworthy Portrait Of SNL
- J.R. Jones Explores The Many Lives Of Robert Ryan
- Kartemquin's Success Is Hard Earned
- 'Maps To The Stars' A Disappointing Drive On An Oft-Traveled Road
- 11 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'The King Of Vajra Dornei'
- Royale, The Sound Of Progressive Sci-Fi Yacht Metal
- 'Twin Peaks' + Tiki = Tremendous
- Luxury Movie Theater Coming To Block 37 After All
- Alice Boman Brings Sweet Tidings To The Empty Bottle
- Reeling LGBT International Film Festival Returns For Its 32nd Edition
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford bill murray books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries editing film festivals filmmaking film noir gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jimmy stewart joan crawford Joe Dante john cassavetes John Huston Kickstarter Kurosawa lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock poetry punch queue tips recipes Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid Throwback Thursday tiki trash w.c. fields war Westerns Woody Allen
- Will this wind in Chicago ever end? Feel like I'm stuck in that J.G. Ballard novel. 5 hours ago
- Programmer just told me that out of all the films he saw, mine was the one he really wanted to get in. #feellikeamilliondollars 9 hours ago
- Exactly 3 years ago today! via @timehop timehop.com/c/1.dDoyNTM1Mj… http://t.co/JTAKXRBZm8 16 hours ago
- Anyone else prefer DARBY O'GILL AND THE LITTLE PEOPLE to THE QUIET MAN? 17 hours ago
- Global need. twitter.com/kenvandermark/… 17 hours ago
- 3 things about John Cassavetes’ OPENING NIGHT randomcha.net/2015/10/03/3-t… 17 hours ago
- 3 things about Jim Jarmusch’s COFFEE AND CIGARETTES randomcha.net/2015/10/02/3-t… 1 day ago
- What a cockeyed caravan. Today, like most days, I really wonder what Rod Serling would make of our society. 2 days ago
- 3 things about Martin Scorsese’s SHUTTER ISLAND randomcha.net/2015/10/01/3-t… 2 days ago
- Ask about Jim Backus movies in the collection. twitter.com/Rotary/status/… 2 days ago
Tag Archives: 3 things
Opening Night  1. Swiveling on the barstool, ready for a handshake. 2. “Look in the mirror. Am I beginning to look like Humphrey Bogart to you?” 3. Fractured sunglasses.
Coffee and Cigarettes  1. “It was a medical morning.” 2. On the wall behind him is a photo of Henry Silva. 3. Offscreen gargling.
Shutter Island  1. “It was the smoke that got her, not the fire, so that’s important.” 2. Drops of rain hit the pages of his notebook. Black ink bleed. 3. He crumbles the gun into fragments. A pretty good … Continue reading
Day of the Dead  1. He cuts himself shaving. 2. “Civility must be rewarded, Captain. If it isn’t rewarded, then there’s no use for it. There’s just no use for it at all.” 3. The top half of the … Continue reading
Grand Prix  1. Most unfortunate detail: Paul Frees as the voice of Toshiro Mifune. 2. Sitting alone, sullen, with a dish of ice cream at sidewalk cafe. 3. She frantically waves her gloved, bloodied hands at the throng of … Continue reading
M  1. Empty stairwell. 2. Editing: police and criminals in conference together. 3. Everyone suddenly goes silent and raises their hands.
Superman III  1. The bank robbers in the first scene are never caught. 2. “Superman, you’re just in a slump! You’ll be great again!” 3. Wheatking.