- Luxury Movie Theater Coming To Block 37 After All
- Alice Boman Brings Sweet Tidings To The Empty Bottle
- Reeling LGBT International Film Festival Returns For Its 32nd Edition
- Simply Put, 'Boyhood' Is Extraordinary
- Pencil This In: Three Dots And A Dash's First Anniversary Bash
- It's Official: Chicago Has The Best New American Cocktail Bar And The World's Best Cocktail Menu
- Music Box's Son Of 70mm Film Festival Is A BFD
- Obsolescence Forever! Celebrating A Low-Budget Musical And 28mm Filmmaking
- Two Local Filmmakers Get Encores
- 70mm Film Festival Returning To The Music Box
- Murakami Brings His Delightfully Weird 'Jellyfish Eyes' To The MCA
- Pencil This In: Everything is Terrible! At The Siskel
- Two Nelson Algren Documentaries Race To The Finish Line
- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart joan crawford Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid superheroes tiki trash w.c. fields Wallace Shawn war Werner Herzog Westerns Woody Allen
- Cocktail hour. timehop.com/c/fs:101504358… http://t.co/LuuzxIMaKy 3 hours ago
- Did you know some of the tiki artifacts at @ThreeDotsCHI are from the old @TraderVicsChi? chicagoist.com/2012/08/23/tra… 6 hours ago
- RIP Trader Vic's Mai Tai Glass That I Got For Free, c. 2011. You were nearly as fragile as your attempted Chicago revival. 6 hours ago
- October 24 haiku. wp.me/pymbF-1lI 6 hours ago
- First take this broken/Feeling and make it yours and/Then get out of bed #OctoberHaiku 7 hours ago
- October 23 haiku. wp.me/pymbF-1lG 1 day ago
- RT @margeincharge: .@Chicagoist is where I learned that writing about your passions w/a group of people you love is about as good as things… 1 day ago
- At 5:45/A partial solar eclipse/Last chance for 3 years #OctoberHaiku 1 day ago
- This Dos Passos novel is so wonderful. I wish I could sit here reading it all afternoon. 1 day ago
- RT @TheBandRoyale: "Royale Reads Fan Tweets #2" goo.gl/zzxb13 feat. the amazing @karenbalmer2 @lydiasmithmusic @hard2getdad @Xavio… 2 days ago
Tag Archives: 3 things
National Gallery  1. Varnish. Shiny, buffed floors. 2. A hunting horn, a lobster, a peeled lemon. 3. He collects the tiniest possible sample and places it on a glass slide. Phenomenal.
The Laughing Policeman  1. Chivas Regal and rubbers. 2. “Did she go out with a lot of men?” “She didn’t go out with men … at all.” 3. The table legs are actually legs.
The Craft  1. “What’s going on? Are you girls getting high?” 2. A jukebox that plays nothing but Connie Francis records. 3. Python bannister.
Algren  1. “The true voice of the people belongs to the inarticulate.” 2. “Walking into his apartment was like walking into a scrapbook.” 3. Playing at the beach. An enormous belly, spindly legs. Featuring nearly 200 amazing photographs by … Continue reading
This Afternoon  1. Outside, on the back steps, the hum of an air conditioning unit. 2. An empty hallway, twice. 3. She walks over and sits down near him. “Do you mean that?” He’s not in the frame. A … Continue reading
Mad Max  1. “I’m a fuel-injected suicide machine!” 2. They buy a dog from a man in a deerstalker cap. 3. Double leg braces.