October 2014 S M T W T F S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Alice Boman Brings Sweet Tidings To The Empty Bottle
- Reeling LGBT International Film Festival Returns For Its 32nd Edition
- Simply Put, 'Boyhood' Is Extraordinary
- Pencil This In: Three Dots And A Dash's First Anniversary Bash
- It's Official: Chicago Has The Best New American Cocktail Bar And The World's Best Cocktail Menu
- Music Box's Son Of 70mm Film Festival Is A BFD
- Obsolescence Forever! Celebrating A Low-Budget Musical And 28mm Filmmaking
- Two Local Filmmakers Get Encores
- 70mm Film Festival Returning To The Music Box
- Murakami Brings His Delightfully Weird 'Jellyfish Eyes' To The MCA
- Pencil This In: Everything is Terrible! At The Siskel
- Two Nelson Algren Documentaries Race To The Finish Line
- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
- Duke Ellington's Only Opera Coming To Chicago
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart joan crawford Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid superheroes tiki trash w.c. fields Wallace Shawn war Werner Herzog Westerns Woody Allen
- In prep for tonite's free @chifilmfest screening, 3 things about @Kartemquin's GOLUB: LATE WORKS ARE THE CATASTROPHES wp.me/pymbF-19p 2 hours ago
- Oil spots, leaves, pavement/A car pulls out from the curb/Dog-walker startled #OctoberHailku 2 hours ago
- Happy 90th Birthday to the @ALALibrary Library! ala.org/tools/ala-libr… 2 hours ago
- Giant stuffed shells with cheese and spinach. Pretty much the yummiest possible dinner. 14 hours ago
- RT @AlbertBrooks: Plastic bags offically banned in California. Plastic faces and personalities are still allowed. 19 hours ago
- RT @DanielDKraus: The #31HorrorFilms31Days Challenge begins tomorrow. Join us, it'll blow your mind ----> thebooklistreader.com/2014/09/25/the… http://t.c… 21 hours ago
- Outrageous. If airfare to Denver doesn't drop below $350 r/t then no way are we going to Denver for Thanksgiving. 1 day ago
- RT @samuelpepys: At dinner and supper I drink I know not how, of my own accord, so much wine, that I was even almost foxed. 1 day ago
- You think you have Joan Crawford all figured out & then you watch AUTUMN LEAVES ... 1 day ago
- RT @vishnevetsky: Fav detail in GONE GIRL: Affleck owning a bottle of Singani 63, Soderbergh's liquor. 1 day ago
Tag Archives: 3 things
Autumn Leaves  1. “Am I a neurotic need?” 2. She takes off her apron and unconsciously wraps it around the plate she was drying. She then carries the bundle around the room. 3. Chicken salad, no bread.
The Desert Rats  1. In The Desert Fox, James Mason doesn’t use a German accent. Here he does. And though it sounds right somehow it’s less effective. 2. “I made my usual mistake of being in a pub the … Continue reading
Lilting  1. Crying. Snotty beard. 2. He plucks a hair from Kai’s nipple, puts it in his mouth. 3. She sits alone at the table, listening to him move around upstairs. She passes a hand across her forehead.
Queen Bee  1. Telephone cord as lasso. Or noose. 2. “I don’t like the light. Put it out.” He snarls, “I know what you like and don’t like!” 3. Cold cream all over the mirror. Shades of Diane Ladd … Continue reading
The Zero Theorem  1. He matches the drapes. 2. A vault of vials. 3. The head of Christ is a surveillance camera.
Harriet Craig  1. While talking on the phone, she presents her feet to Clare so that she can put her shoes on for her. 2. “Yes, I know you now. I don’t like you.” 3. A severe hairstyle, the … Continue reading
Fitzcarraldo  1. Champagne for the horses. 2. He unties the captain. “Now we really need some Italian opera. Don’t you agree?” 3. The scenery, stowed in various boats and canoes, floats down the river.