- Simply Put, 'Boyhood' Is Extraordinary
- Pencil This In: Three Dots And A Dash's First Anniversary Bash
- It's Official: Chicago Has The Best New American Cocktail Bar And The World's Best Cocktail Menu
- Music Box's Son Of 70mm Film Festival Is A BFD
- Obsolescence Forever! Celebrating A Low-Budget Musical And 28mm Filmmaking
- Two Local Filmmakers Get Encores
- 70mm Film Festival Returning To The Music Box
- Murakami Brings His Delightfully Weird 'Jellyfish Eyes' To The MCA
- Pencil This In: Everything is Terrible! At The Siskel
- Two Nelson Algren Documentaries Race To The Finish Line
- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
- Duke Ellington's Only Opera Coming To Chicago
- 10 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'Christmas Is Not For Everyone'
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock Planet of the Apes poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid superheroes tiki trash w.c. fields Wallace Shawn war Westerns Wim Wenders Woody Allen
- One Direction concert + Sox game = Red Line hell. 1 hour ago
- I'm at Weather Mark Tavern in Chicago, IL swarmapp.com/randomcha/chec… 5 hours ago
- I'm at Square One in Chicago, IL swarmapp.com/randomcha/chec… 6 hours ago
- Chicago Jazz Festival. Chicago Underground Duo. (@ Grant Park Music Festival in Millennium Park - @gpmf) swarmapp.com/randomcha/chec… 9 hours ago
- RT @chef_B_Rye: Come celebrate toasted marshmallow day at @Atwoodchicago with our new s'mores dessert. http://t.co/QuNBZAePqs 14 hours ago
- Scorpion Bowl, half a pizza, 3 episodes of BSG. 1 day ago
- HELL YES. @OnePerfectShot SUPERMAN III (1983) Director of Photography: Robert Paynter | Director: Richard Lester http://t.co/9Rn0BV0SrV 1 day ago
- Idiocy of copyright law illustrated: a poem written in 1922, by a man who was killed in 1936, is still *not* in the pubic domain. 1 day ago
- Lawyer turned down my license request. So. Coming Soon: PAUSE OF THE CLOCK, a film *not* containing Lorca poetry. 1 day ago
- Finally saw the Magritte show yesterday with @unnmbl ... it really is *that* good. Go now! 1 day ago
Tag Archives: 3 things
The Trip to Italy  1. “She has quite a lovely gait.” “Probably padlocked.” 2. Kumquats. 3. He points out a bust. “Look at that hair. George Michael, ‘Careless Whisper’ video.” My only complaint is the scarcity of desserts in … Continue reading
Faces  1. The tear, poised to fall, remains in place. 2. “So, what have I got after all those years? A big house, a kooky wife, and a kid who wears sneakers.” 3. Smoker’s cough on the stairs.
Across 110th Street  1. “Honey, will ya cover your tits? Come on.” 2. A giant painting of himself on his office wall. 3. Dead on her feet.
Swing Time  1. “I’d rather not be wrong than be right!” 2. She makes as if to kiss him and he backs away, alarmed. 3. An empty, star-spangled nightclub.
Jackie Brown  1. “Demi Moore.” 2. Paperbacks in the bottom of the bag. 3. He opens the door. Spatters of blood on his shirt.
A Most Wanted Man  1. He opens the door, steps outside, tosses the ice from his drink onto the ground. 2. A drunken domestic barroom brawl soundtracked by Roy Orbison. 3. “This is a pen. It looks like a … Continue reading
Capricorn One  1. Scope followed by black coffee. 2. Brenda Vaccaro’s tearful recitation of Fox in Socks. 3. Despite his revulsion, he lifts the dead rattlesnake to his lips and begins to suck its blood.