- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
- Duke Ellington's Only Opera Coming To Chicago
- 10 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'Christmas Is Not For Everyone'
- A Crime Novelist, A Master Chef, A Burlesque Dancer And A Music Critic Walk Into A Bar ...
- Reeling Reborn: 31st Edition Of The LGBT Film Festival Begins Thursday
- Perverted Movie Lovers Rejoice!
- 'Computer Chess' Is A Movie For The Nerd In All Of Us
- Serious 'Mother Of George' Suffers From Too Much Beautiful Filming
- Interview: Leonard Maltin Discusses 45 Years Of His Movie Guide
- The Onion City Film Festival Returns With A Pungent 25th Edition
- Paul McGee's Three Dots And A Dash Is A Genuine Tiki Paradise
- Kickstart 'Safe Word'
- EXCLUSIVE: Barry Gifford Shares 'A Postcard To Nelson Algren'
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Chicago Public LIbrary Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies muppets music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock Planet of the Apes poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid tiki trash w.c. fields walt disney war Westerns Wim Wenders Woody Allen
- RT @musicboxtheatre: BOOGIE NIGHTS tonight at Midnight - on 35mm! 50 minutes ago
- 3 things about Sidney Lumet's THE DEADLY AFFAIR wp.me/pymbF-1ey 52 minutes ago
- Get in that tropical island mood with this mixture. ♫ Potions of the Caribbean by Rob Christopher spoti.fi/1g5FBCe #NowPlaying 3 hours ago
- Aside from DJing this weekend ( wp.me/pymbF-1ew) what I'm most looking forward to: Reggio's VISITORS & eating at El Nuevo Mexicano. 20 hours ago
- In which I am described as Chicago's resident tikiphile. wp.me/pymbF-1ew 22 hours ago
- RT @ArtoftheTitle: Let's revisit Maurice Binder's title work for Stanley Donen's 1963 film CHARADE. artofthetitle.com/title/charade #tbt #design htt… 1 day ago
- Pyrex auction. 1 day ago
- RT @jongraef: Still looking for the Logan Square Good Samaritan who turned in my lost phone to @boilerroomchi Saturday. RT to help me find … 1 day ago
- RT @Kyle_MacLachlan: With a cup of damn good coffee. "@RenSherman: Did Lynch ever share Coop's future with you? How do you follow up 20 yrs… 1 day ago
- Marker. wp.me/symbF-marker 1 day ago
Tag Archives: Planet of the Apes
Battle for the Planet of the Apes  1. Ape children wear pajamas. 2. When Claude Akins, as a gorilla, shouts, “No prisoners! No prisoners!” he doesn’t compare favorably to Peter O’Toole in Lawrence of Arabia. 3. I don’t quite … Continue reading
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes  1. A woman takes a puff from her cigarette and says, “Funny, now that I know they won’t kill me anymore I don’t enjoy them.” 2. Caesar divides up the banana. 3. … Continue reading
Escape from the Planet of the Apes  1. Seriously groovy title theme courtesy Jerry Goldsmith. 2. He gives Zira the injection and whispers, “It has the same effect as Grape Juice Plus.” 3. Talking baby chimpanzee.
Beneath the Planet of the Apes  1. The soldiers break up the chimpanzees’ peaceful demonstration. Someone shouts, “Gorilla brutality!” 2. Fossilized telephone. 3. The music of the distant future is apparently very atonal.
Planet of the Apes  1. A wave of sticks beats its way through the cornfield. 2. Jerry Goldsmith’s score makes great use of the cuíca, a Brazilian drum that sounds like a monkey. 3. “I can’t help thinking that … Continue reading