- It's Official: Chicago Has The Best New American Cocktail Bar And The World's Best Cocktail Menu
- Music Box's Son Of 70mm Film Festival Is A BFD
- Obsolescence Forever! Celebrating A Low-Budget Musical And 28mm Filmmaking
- Two Local Filmmakers Get Encores
- 70mm Film Festival Returning To The Music Box
- Murakami Brings His Delightfully Weird 'Jellyfish Eyes' To The MCA
- Pencil This In: Everything is Terrible! At The Siskel
- Two Nelson Algren Documentaries Race To The Finish Line
- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
- Duke Ellington's Only Opera Coming To Chicago
- 10 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'Christmas Is Not For Everyone'
- A Crime Novelist, A Master Chef, A Burlesque Dancer And A Music Critic Walk Into A Bar ...
- Reeling Reborn: 31st Edition Of The LGBT Film Festival Begins Thursday
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford bill murray books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies muppets music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock Planet of the Apes poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid superheroes tiki trash w.c. fields war Westerns Wim Wenders Woody Allen
- Oh SNAP! RT @marcusgilmer I'm over you, Bay Area. Chicago had its mean bus people but at least they had a MIDWESTERN WORK ETHIC. 19 hours ago
- Sad. So sad. "Only one class at her school, advanced cinematography, still trains students to use film." on.wsj.com/1rZXPus 20 hours ago
- The film & where it’s at. wp.me/pymbF-1hZ 20 hours ago
- 3 things about Hal Ashby’s HAROLD AND MAUDE wp.me/pymbF-1hX 1 day ago
- RT @Bitchuation: possible tagline: NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED AFTER THIS FILM ENDS 2 days ago
- Do we all still have to pretend to give a crap about what happens in the next HOBBIT movie? 2 days ago
- Based on that call, today must be Provide Customer Service for Befuddled Geriatrics Day. Heads up. 2 days ago
- 3 things about Woody Allen’s HOLLYWOOD ENDING wp.me/pymbF-1hV 2 days ago
- 3 things about Woody Allen's THE CURSE OF THE JADE SCORPION wp.me/pymbF-1hT 3 days ago
- Newberry Book Fare was great! Lots of browsing but little actual cash spent. 7 or 8 records, 2 CDs, 1 book. 4 days ago
Tag Archives: Planet of the Apes
Battle for the Planet of the Apes  1. Ape children wear pajamas. 2. When Claude Akins, as a gorilla, shouts, “No prisoners! No prisoners!” he doesn’t compare favorably to Peter O’Toole in Lawrence of Arabia. 3. I don’t quite … Continue reading
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes  1. A woman takes a puff from her cigarette and says, “Funny, now that I know they won’t kill me anymore I don’t enjoy them.” 2. Caesar divides up the banana. 3. … Continue reading
Escape from the Planet of the Apes  1. Seriously groovy title theme courtesy Jerry Goldsmith. 2. He gives Zira the injection and whispers, “It has the same effect as Grape Juice Plus.” 3. Talking baby chimpanzee.
Beneath the Planet of the Apes  1. The soldiers break up the chimpanzees’ peaceful demonstration. Someone shouts, “Gorilla brutality!” 2. Fossilized telephone. 3. The music of the distant future is apparently very atonal.
Planet of the Apes  1. A wave of sticks beats its way through the cornfield. 2. Jerry Goldsmith’s score makes great use of the cuíca, a Brazilian drum that sounds like a monkey. 3. “I can’t help thinking that … Continue reading