- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
- Duke Ellington's Only Opera Coming To Chicago
- 10 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'Christmas Is Not For Everyone'
- A Crime Novelist, A Master Chef, A Burlesque Dancer And A Music Critic Walk Into A Bar ...
- Reeling Reborn: 31st Edition Of The LGBT Film Festival Begins Thursday
- Perverted Movie Lovers Rejoice!
- 'Computer Chess' Is A Movie For The Nerd In All Of Us
- Serious 'Mother Of George' Suffers From Too Much Beautiful Filming
- Interview: Leonard Maltin Discusses 45 Years Of His Movie Guide
- The Onion City Film Festival Returns With A Pungent 25th Edition
- Paul McGee's Three Dots And A Dash Is A Genuine Tiki Paradise
- Kickstart 'Safe Word'
- EXCLUSIVE: Barry Gifford Shares 'A Postcard To Nelson Algren'
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Chicago Public LIbrary Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies muppets music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock Planet of the Apes poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid tiki trash w.c. fields walt disney war Westerns Wim Wenders Woody Allen
- Aside from DJing this weekend ( wp.me/pymbF-1ew) what I'm most looking forward to: Reggio's VISITORS & eating at El Nuevo Mexicano. 9 hours ago
- In which I am described as Chicago's resident tikiphile. wp.me/pymbF-1ew 11 hours ago
- RT @ArtoftheTitle: Let's revisit Maurice Binder's title work for Stanley Donen's 1963 film CHARADE. artofthetitle.com/title/charade #tbt #design htt… 15 hours ago
- Pyrex auction. 1 day ago
- RT @jongraef: Still looking for the Logan Square Good Samaritan who turned in my lost phone to @boilerroomchi Saturday. RT to help me find … 1 day ago
- RT @Kyle_MacLachlan: With a cup of damn good coffee. "@RenSherman: Did Lynch ever share Coop's future with you? How do you follow up 20 yrs… 1 day ago
- Marker. wp.me/symbF-marker 1 day ago
- I'm at Three Dots and a Dash - @threedotschi (Chicago, IL) 4sq.com/1gSsF0v 1 day ago
- I'm at @TesoriChicago (Chicago, IL) 4sq.com/1e2QFff 1 day ago
- RT @amlibraries: Download 15K+ free Golden Age comics from the digital comic museum (via @openculture): bit.ly/1c5naya 2 days ago
Tag Archives: sci fi
Innerspace  1. “I’m possessed!” 2. A white suit and a fur coat. 3. Stomach acid skeleton.
Explorers  1. Charles M. Jones Junior High School. 2. At the junkyard, Rosebud. 3. The windshield of the spacecraft is a TV screen.
her  1. “I don’t want to be a puppy dog, that’s like being a wet noodle.” 2. Too much processed sugar. 3. Love: a socially acceptable form of insanity.
The Incredible Shrinking Woman  1. “An open mind … and an open mouth?” 2. Colonel Ed’s Breakfast Buns. 3. “Look Mom, disco!” 3 other things.
Aliens  1. Stardust all over the bridge. 2. Reebok product placement. 3. Waiting for an elevator. 3 other things.
The Man Who Fell to Earth  1. While drying the glass with a towel, one of her press-on nails comes off. 2. “They’re stuck. Now I’ll never get them off.” 3. Christmastime in a liquor store.
Akira Kurosawa’s Dreams  1. She gently drapes him with her shawl. At first she pats him soothingly. Then she holds him down. 2. “I couldn’t get the ear right, so I cut it off and threw it away.” 3. … Continue reading
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country  1. “There is an old Vulcan proverb: Only Nixon could go to China.” 2. Iman smoking a cigarillo. 3. Rivets on his eyepatch.
The Thing from Another World  1. A movie of commands. “Keep your eye on that Geiger counter!” “Get out of there!” “Watch the skies!” 2. While he’s “tied up” she forces drinks on him. 3. Buckets of kerosene. The … Continue reading
Invaders from Mars  1. He slaps the boy so hard he knocks him to the floor. His wife immediately enters the room, but says nothing. 2. “What in earth’s name is it?” Nobody says anything. “Blast it!” 3. Flywheel … Continue reading