- Pencil This In: Everything is Terrible! At The Siskel
- Two Nelson Algren Documentaries Race To The Finish Line
- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
- Duke Ellington's Only Opera Coming To Chicago
- 10 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'Christmas Is Not For Everyone'
- A Crime Novelist, A Master Chef, A Burlesque Dancer And A Music Critic Walk Into A Bar ...
- Reeling Reborn: 31st Edition Of The LGBT Film Festival Begins Thursday
- Perverted Movie Lovers Rejoice!
- 'Computer Chess' Is A Movie For The Nerd In All Of Us
- Serious 'Mother Of George' Suffers From Too Much Beautiful Filming
- Interview: Leonard Maltin Discusses 45 Years Of His Movie Guide
- The Onion City Film Festival Returns With A Pungent 25th Edition
- Paul McGee's Three Dots And A Dash Is A Genuine Tiki Paradise
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Chicago Public LIbrary Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies muppets music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock Planet of the Apes poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid tiki trash w.c. fields walt disney war Westerns Wim Wenders Woody Allen
- RT @marcusgilmer: The one thing no one warns you about before you move to San Francisco is the gargantuan volume of human poop on city side… 4 hours ago
- Mmmm Vincent Price, chicken & @AngosturaUSA http://t.co/gfhav3Vmna 7 hours ago
- God grant me strength. #nextdvdfromnetflixissalò 7 hours ago
- I hope Gary Indiana is already taking notes for his next book. RT @adambvary writes: lgbt.ly/1roQbbI . http://t.co/oQAtr6smeW 7 hours ago
- RT @FernetBranca: When a bartender suggests you try #FernetBranca, they are no longer just a bartender. They are a new friend. 8 hours ago
- If Lynne Ramsay & Stanley Kubrick could collaborate, it might feel like Jonathan Glazer's UNDER THE SKIN. 3 things: wp.me/pymbF-1fn 2 days ago
- RT @mattzollerseitz: I love how Cronenberg will just pick a shot and hold it till he has no use for it anymore. Old school. 2 days ago
- 3 things about Jonathan Glazer's UNDER THE SKIN wp.me/pymbF-1fn 2 days ago
- UNDER THE SKIN has the most disquieting driving scenes since THE HEADLESS WOMAN. 2 days ago
- UNDER THE SKIN (@ Landmark Century Centre Cinema - @ltchicagoil) 4sq.com/1jywlpq 2 days ago
Tag Archives: sci fi
Under the Skin  1. Squalling baby, tide inching closer. 2. Pop. 3. It looks down at her own face.
Late August at the Hotel Ozone  1. After bludgeoning the dog, she wipes the butt of her rifle on the grass. 2. Her first glass of milk in 15 years. She’s too overwhelmed to drink it. 3. She stares … Continue reading
Cube  1. Scaramanga. 2. Wire twist. 3. Into the light.
Gremlins 2: The New Batch  1. Dr. Catheter hands the kleenex to an assistant and says, “Have this tissue analyzed.” 2. Edward G. Robinson gremlin. 3. “I’m melting, I’m melting!”
Innerspace  1. “I’m possessed!” 2. A white suit and a fur coat. 3. Stomach acid skeleton.
Explorers  1. Charles M. Jones Junior High School. 2. At the junkyard, Rosebud. 3. The windshield of the spacecraft is a TV screen.
her  1. “I don’t want to be a puppy dog, that’s like being a wet noodle.” 2. Too much processed sugar. 3. Love: a socially acceptable form of insanity.
The Incredible Shrinking Woman  1. “An open mind … and an open mouth?” 2. Colonel Ed’s Breakfast Buns. 3. “Look Mom, disco!” 3 other things.
Aliens  1. Stardust all over the bridge. 2. Reebok product placement. 3. Waiting for an elevator. 3 other things.
The Man Who Fell to Earth  1. While drying the glass with a towel, one of her press-on nails comes off. 2. “They’re stuck. Now I’ll never get them off.” 3. Christmastime in a liquor store.