December 2015 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Gender-Bending Melodrama "The New Girlfriend" Is A Crowd-Pleaser
- The Intriguing Line-Up For This Year's LGBTQ Reeling Film Festival
- Watch The Best Of Vintage Film Noir All Weekend At The Music Box
- Wyndham Wallace Takes Us Inside The Very Special World of Lee Hazlewood
- 'Live From New York!' Is A Shrugworthy Portrait Of SNL
- J.R. Jones Explores The Many Lives Of Robert Ryan
- Kartemquin's Success Is Hard Earned
- 'Maps To The Stars' A Disappointing Drive On An Oft-Traveled Road
- 11 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'The King Of Vajra Dornei'
- Royale, The Sound Of Progressive Sci-Fi Yacht Metal
- 'Twin Peaks' + Tiki = Tremendous
- Luxury Movie Theater Coming To Block 37 After All
- Alice Boman Brings Sweet Tidings To The Empty Bottle
- Reeling LGBT International Film Festival Returns For Its 32nd Edition
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford bill murray books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch denver film festival Disney documentaries editing film festivals filmmaking film noir gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jimmy stewart joan crawford Joe Dante john cassavetes John Huston Kickstarter Kurosawa lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock poetry punch queue tips ray milland recipes Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid tiki trash war Westerns Woody Allen
- I'm at Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) in Chicago, IL swarmapp.com/c/cy2sjbMKD3k 22 hours ago
- I'm at Denver International Airport (DEN) - @denairport in Denver, CO swarmapp.com/c/gy2MKmIJmH2 1 day ago
- I'm at @LaLomaMexican in Denver, CO swarmapp.com/c/6jxnM3OoEiA 1 day ago
- I just earned the 'Apprentice' badge on @untappd! untp.beer/s/b89958082 1 day ago
- I just earned the 'Beer-giving (2015)' badge on @untappd! untp.beer/s/b89958081 #beergiving 1 day ago
- Dark, silky, smooth. - Drinking a Thursday Special by Three Barrel Brewing Company - untp.beer/s/c250935700 1 day ago
- I'm at Mountain Home Cafe in Estes Park, CO swarmapp.com/c/keYC2LwIiFh 2 days ago
- Supplement: this has also been my view all weekend. https://t.co/ThgPZHPUO3 2 days ago
- This has been my view all weekend. https://t.co/jzLVcj4Kri 2 days ago
- I'm at Marys Lake Lodge in Estes Park, CO swarmapp.com/c/9PZAmy4qGHX 3 days ago
Tag Archives: sci fi
Until the End of the World (Director’s Cut)  1. Lois Chiles, window, Vermeer. 2. “The present will look after itself. It’s our duty to realize the future using our imagination.” 3. Happy Birthday video conference call in outer space. … Continue reading
Chosen Survivors  1. Gauntlet while sedated. 2. Tweezers, bat tongue. 3. Solid blue (plastic?) tableware.
Upstream Color  1. She examines the security photos of herself at the bank. 2. Pig’s eye. 3. The same childhood stories. I can’t exactly say I’m a fan, but it certainly is one of a kind.
Perfect Sense  1. Fat and flour. 2. Eating lipstick, Coleman’s mustard, a raw fish, a laboratory rabbit. Guzzling a huge plastic bottle of olive oil. 3. Just before touching they both go blind. This is a movie that just … Continue reading
Starship Troopers  1. A group of kids happily stomp on some squishy bugs. 2. “Aim for the nerve stem.” 3. Brain-straw.
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country  1. “I find that remark … insulting.” 2. The boot doesn’t fit. 3. Federation-branded throw blanket. 3 other things.
Cloud Atlas  1. Making a connection with a glance. 2. “They’re feeding us to ourselves.” (Earlier, Cavendish runs around screaming about soylent green.) 3. Noakes’ head smashed into a barrel.