- 'Maps To The Stars' A Disappointing Drive On An Oft-Traveled Road
- 11 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'The King Of Vajra Dornei'
- Royale, The Sound Of Progressive Sci-Fi Yacht Metal
- 'Twin Peaks' + Tiki = Tremendous
- Luxury Movie Theater Coming To Block 37 After All
- Alice Boman Brings Sweet Tidings To The Empty Bottle
- Reeling LGBT International Film Festival Returns For Its 32nd Edition
- Simply Put, 'Boyhood' Is Extraordinary
- Pencil This In: Three Dots And A Dash's First Anniversary Bash
- It's Official: Chicago Has The Best New American Cocktail Bar And The World's Best Cocktail Menu
- Music Box's Son Of 70mm Film Festival Is A BFD
- Obsolescence Forever! Celebrating A Low-Budget Musical And 28mm Filmmaking
- Two Local Filmmakers Get Encores
- 70mm Film Festival Returning To The Music Box
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals filmmaking film noir gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jimmy stewart joan crawford Joe Dante John Huston Kickstarter Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock poetry queue tips recipes Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid superheroes Throwback Thursday tiki trash w.c. fields war Werner Herzog Westerns Woody Allen
- Just watched my first color tests of the footage. Holy cats this is exciting. 10 hours ago
- This evening's cocktail? Cap Haitien Rum and Honey: wp.me/pymbF-1dy 14 hours ago
- I'm at Tweet - @eatattweet in Chicago, IL swarmapp.com/c/loniYEsDKP4 21 hours ago
- Soderbergh tweets cat pics too. RT @Bitchuation: http://t.co/08oXfOBurn 1 day ago
- Tried @Blackdotgin last night. A soft, Hendricks-like style of spirit. Smoooooth. Made a fantastic martini! 1 day ago
- RT @deray: If your love for me requires that I hide parts of who I am, then you don't love me. Love is never a request for silence. 1 day ago
- 3 things about Martin Scorsese’s SHINE A LIGHT wp.me/pymbF-1sC 1 day ago
- My take on BEN-HUR in this week's @cinefile cine-file.info/list.htm 2 days ago
- Philip Baker Hall w/ mustache, courtesy THE NIGHT THE BRIDGE FELL DOWN: dvdbeaver.com/film5/dvd_revi… http://t.co/KwJ7AixFEp 3 days ago
- Do you like me? facebook.com/potcfilm 3 days ago
Tag Archives: sci fi
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes  1. Ligeti hunt. 2. The power comes on and he almost begins to dance, but doesn’t. 3. An “X” on the front of the house.
Rise of the Planet of the Apes  1. He draws his window on the wall of his cell. 2. Flypaper dangling around the office. 3. “Apes stupid.” 3 other things.
The Andromeda Strain  1. Pecked out holes in the arm, no blood. 2. NO GROWTH flashes on the lenses of her glasses. 3. His directive that everyone should get 6 hours of sleep a day is promptly forgotten.
The Bubble  1. “You’re making too much of this. After all, what’s childbirth? Just a sexy bellyache.” 2. Floating tray of beers. And as it approaches, you can see the wires affixed to the corners of the tray. 3. … Continue reading
The Boys from Brazil  1. Bare-breasted woman sweeping the veranda. 2. Before burning the place, the thug carefully retrieves the bust and portrait. 3. Chunk out of his leg. Gregory Peck’s dyed black hair and mustache are everything.
Phase IV  1. Squished abdomen. 2. Skittering across her navel. 3. “We didn’t know for what purpose. But we knew we would be told.” Pretty fantastic. Why this isn’t better known and applauded is a mystery. It would make … Continue reading
Interstellar  1. “Repopulate the planet. Start pulling your weight, old man.” 2. A tear rolls down his cheek. It hits the plastic tubing on his face, disappears. 3. “It’s too clean.” 3 other things.