- Pencil This In: Everything is Terrible! At The Siskel
- Two Nelson Algren Documentaries Race To The Finish Line
- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
- Duke Ellington's Only Opera Coming To Chicago
- 10 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'Christmas Is Not For Everyone'
- A Crime Novelist, A Master Chef, A Burlesque Dancer And A Music Critic Walk Into A Bar ...
- Reeling Reborn: 31st Edition Of The LGBT Film Festival Begins Thursday
- Perverted Movie Lovers Rejoice!
- 'Computer Chess' Is A Movie For The Nerd In All Of Us
- Serious 'Mother Of George' Suffers From Too Much Beautiful Filming
- Interview: Leonard Maltin Discusses 45 Years Of His Movie Guide
- The Onion City Film Festival Returns With A Pungent 25th Edition
- Paul McGee's Three Dots And A Dash Is A Genuine Tiki Paradise
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Chicago Public LIbrary Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies muppets music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock Planet of the Apes poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid tiki trash w.c. fields walt disney war Westerns Wim Wenders Woody Allen
- Only 1 episode left of THE ASCENT OF MAN :( I have genuinely enjoyed this journey with J. Bronowski. 2 hours ago
- Conformist! RT @andymcphalanx I'm just a guy, sitting in a bathtub, reading existential mid-century fiction over a bottle of wine. 23 hours ago
- "The few contemporary American filmmakers (Malick, Lynch) who still joust at the windmills of Hollywood, Inc." bit.ly/RmqAUn 1 day ago
- 3 things about Jeannot Szwarc's SOMEWHERE IN TIME wp.me/pymbF-1fe 1 day ago
- After work drink at 676 (at @OmniHotelS) 4sq.com/1m3F0CT 1 day ago
- He is either being tortured or is suffering PTSD from previous torture. In our America. wp.me/p33JF9-YAP 2 days ago
- Sweater weather. 2 days ago
- Occasionally we're behind the times. Whilst you were watching #GoT tonight Andy & I were watching an episode from Season 3 of #BSG. 2 days ago
- RT @WilliamShatner: Sigh! Tomorrow's a day I've been dreading but I'll go with the flow: it's National Pecan Day! Yes, Pekhaaaaaans! http:/… 2 days ago
- RT @NicksFlickPicks: Doing my taxes while having Cosmopolis on in the background feels about right. 2 days ago
Tag Archives: sci fi
Cube  1. Scaramanga. 2. Wire twist. 3. Into the light.
Gremlins 2: The New Batch  1. Dr. Catheter hands the kleenex to an assistant and says, “Have this tissue analyzed.” 2. Edward G. Robinson gremlin. 3. “I’m melting, I’m melting!”
Innerspace  1. “I’m possessed!” 2. A white suit and a fur coat. 3. Stomach acid skeleton.
Explorers  1. Charles M. Jones Junior High School. 2. At the junkyard, Rosebud. 3. The windshield of the spacecraft is a TV screen.
her  1. “I don’t want to be a puppy dog, that’s like being a wet noodle.” 2. Too much processed sugar. 3. Love: a socially acceptable form of insanity.
The Incredible Shrinking Woman  1. “An open mind … and an open mouth?” 2. Colonel Ed’s Breakfast Buns. 3. “Look Mom, disco!” 3 other things.
Aliens  1. Stardust all over the bridge. 2. Reebok product placement. 3. Waiting for an elevator. 3 other things.
The Man Who Fell to Earth  1. While drying the glass with a towel, one of her press-on nails comes off. 2. “They’re stuck. Now I’ll never get them off.” 3. Christmastime in a liquor store.
Akira Kurosawa’s Dreams  1. She gently drapes him with her shawl. At first she pats him soothingly. Then she holds him down. 2. “I couldn’t get the ear right, so I cut it off and threw it away.” 3. … Continue reading
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country  1. “There is an old Vulcan proverb: Only Nixon could go to China.” 2. Iman smoking a cigarillo. 3. Rivets on his eyepatch.