March 2015 S M T W T F S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 11 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'The King Of Vajra Dornei'
- Royale, The Sound Of Progressive Sci-Fi Yacht Metal
- 'Twin Peaks' + Tiki = Tremendous
- Luxury Movie Theater Coming To Block 37 After All
- Alice Boman Brings Sweet Tidings To The Empty Bottle
- Reeling LGBT International Film Festival Returns For Its 32nd Edition
- Simply Put, 'Boyhood' Is Extraordinary
- Pencil This In: Three Dots And A Dash's First Anniversary Bash
- It's Official: Chicago Has The Best New American Cocktail Bar And The World's Best Cocktail Menu
- Music Box's Son Of 70mm Film Festival Is A BFD
- Obsolescence Forever! Celebrating A Low-Budget Musical And 28mm Filmmaking
- Two Local Filmmakers Get Encores
- 70mm Film Festival Returning To The Music Box
- Murakami Brings His Delightfully Weird 'Jellyfish Eyes' To The MCA
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals filmmaking film noir gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jimmy stewart joan crawford Joe Dante John Huston Kickstarter Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock poetry queue tips recipes Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid superheroes Throwback Thursday tiki trash w.c. fields war Werner Herzog Westerns Woody Allen
- Amen. RT @lund_carson Generally if you have 200 cuts set to badass hard rock in the first 5 minutes I'm not going to like your movie. 20 hours ago
- Watched 3 episodes of STAR TREK last night, naturally. 1 day ago
- Postwork orgeat trek. 1 day ago
- Cloudy feelings. "@Brett_Beasley Milwaukee sanitation engineer brews Activated Sludge Wheat Ale using wastewater ow.ly/JK44i" 1 day ago
- RT @rarey4: @TheNightGallery @TheRealNimoy Captain Serling picked a fine crew. #LLAP http://t.co/7xnPc0NWrr 1 day ago
- RT @kristapley: Live long. Prosper. 1 day ago
- 3 things about John Cassavetes’ A WOMAN UNDER THE INFLUENCE wp.me/pymbF-1rC 1 day ago
- Plan ahead: Scorpion Bowl punch. wp.me/pymbF-1rz 2 days ago
- RT @ManMadeMoon: Paul Hirsch may have his eccentricitirs, but it's well worth it! http://t.co/OE5495F4rY 2 days ago
- Scorpion Bowl punch. wp.me/pymbF-1rz 2 days ago
Tag Archives: sci fi
The Andromeda Strain  1. Pecked out holes in the arm, no blood. 2. NO GROWTH flashes on the lenses of her glasses. 3. His directive that everyone should get 6 hours of sleep a day is promptly forgotten.
The Bubble  1. “You’re making too much of this. After all, what’s childbirth? Just a sexy bellyache.” 2. Floating tray of beers. And as it approaches, you can see the wires affixed to the corners of the tray. 3. … Continue reading
The Boys from Brazil  1. Bare-breasted woman sweeping the veranda. 2. Before burning the place, the thug carefully retrieves the bust and portrait. 3. Chunk out of his leg. Gregory Peck’s dyed black hair and mustache are everything.
Phase IV  1. Squished abdomen. 2. Skittering across her navel. 3. “We didn’t know for what purpose. But we knew we would be told.” Pretty fantastic. Why this isn’t better known and applauded is a mystery. It would make … Continue reading
Interstellar  1. “Repopulate the planet. Start pulling your weight, old man.” 2. A tear rolls down his cheek. It hits the plastic tubing on his face, disappears. 3. “It’s too clean.” 3 other things.
Europa Report  1. “I can’t find my toothbrush.” “We have to go back to earth.” 2. Omnipresent Europa One chyron. 3. Hygiene issues.
Snowpiercer  1. False teeth. She bites into the protein bar. 2. “You know what I hate about myself? I know what people taste like. I know that babies taste best.” 3. Naked boy in a far coat.