- Alice Boman Brings Sweet Tidings To The Empty Bottle
- Reeling LGBT International Film Festival Returns For Its 32nd Edition
- Simply Put, 'Boyhood' Is Extraordinary
- Pencil This In: Three Dots And A Dash's First Anniversary Bash
- It's Official: Chicago Has The Best New American Cocktail Bar And The World's Best Cocktail Menu
- Music Box's Son Of 70mm Film Festival Is A BFD
- Obsolescence Forever! Celebrating A Low-Budget Musical And 28mm Filmmaking
- Two Local Filmmakers Get Encores
- 70mm Film Festival Returning To The Music Box
- Murakami Brings His Delightfully Weird 'Jellyfish Eyes' To The MCA
- Pencil This In: Everything is Terrible! At The Siskel
- Two Nelson Algren Documentaries Race To The Finish Line
- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
- Duke Ellington's Only Opera Coming To Chicago
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart joan crawford Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid superheroes tiki trash w.c. fields Wallace Shawn war Werner Herzog Westerns Woody Allen
- Last night @BarackObama dined at RPM Steak. If only he'd had time to sneak a cocktail at @ThreeDotsCHI. 1 hour ago
- . timehop.com/c/fs:144905253… http://t.co/DoZ2sGCcg7 2 hours ago
- Roddy McDowall says/This house tried to kill me once/Almost succeeded #OctoberHailku 2 hours ago
- Yes indeed. (@ Three Dots and a Dash - @threedotschi in Chicago, IL) swarmapp.com/c/fk8htQI7KxM 18 hours ago
- Let's start a petition right now for a 70mm run of INTERSTELLAR at @musicboxtheatre blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/wa… 1 day ago
- In prep for tonite's free @chifilmfest screening, 3 things about @Kartemquin's GOLUB: LATE WORKS ARE THE CATASTROPHES wp.me/pymbF-19p 1 day ago
- Oil spots, leaves, pavement/A car pulls out from the curb/Dog-walker startled #OctoberHailku 1 day ago
- Happy 90th Birthday to the @ALALibrary Library! ala.org/tools/ala-libr… 1 day ago
- Giant stuffed shells with cheese and spinach. Pretty much the yummiest possible dinner. 1 day ago
- RT @AlbertBrooks: Plastic bags offically banned in California. Plastic faces and personalities are still allowed. 1 day ago
Tag Archives: sci fi
The Zero Theorem  1. He matches the drapes. 2. A vault of vials. 3. The head of Christ is a surveillance camera.
Capricorn One  1. Scope followed by black coffee. 2. Brenda Vaccaro’s tearful recitation of Fox in Socks. 3. Despite his revulsion, he lifts the dead rattlesnake to his lips and begins to suck its blood.
TRON  1. Air-pop popcorn maker in his cubicle. 2. “Elementary physics, a beam of energy can always be diverted. Are we there yet, Mommy?” 3. Collapsed in the chair behind his desk. Blank expression. The sunrise glowing through the … Continue reading
Brainstorm  1. Cliff Robertson’s pants: brown and beltless. (Sansabelt?) 2.”Go to hell.” “You go to hell!” “No, you go to hell!” “You go to hell!” 3. A soldering iron next to a cigarette.
Robot & Frank  1. Books = printed information. 2. “How are you?” “I am functioning normally.” “As am I.” 3. Before reformatting, an embrace. A sweet little movie. Frank Langella really sells it.
Paycheck  1. Oh come ON. Newspaper headline typo: “Nexim announces it’s answer to ARC’s living display.” 2. Shipping container gauntlet. 3. Plastic curtain tumble.
Coma  1. He shouts, “You don’t want a lover, you want a wife!” 2. Gratuitous looking-up-the-skirt shot, then she takes off her pantyhose. 3. She piles on a pile of bodies.