- The Intriguing Line-Up For This Year's LGBTQ Reeling Film Festival
- Watch The Best Of Vintage Film Noir All Weekend At The Music Box
- Wyndham Wallace Takes Us Inside The Very Special World of Lee Hazlewood
- 'Live From New York!' Is A Shrugworthy Portrait Of SNL
- J.R. Jones Explores The Many Lives Of Robert Ryan
- Kartemquin's Success Is Hard Earned
- 'Maps To The Stars' A Disappointing Drive On An Oft-Traveled Road
- 11 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'The King Of Vajra Dornei'
- Royale, The Sound Of Progressive Sci-Fi Yacht Metal
- 'Twin Peaks' + Tiki = Tremendous
- Luxury Movie Theater Coming To Block 37 After All
- Alice Boman Brings Sweet Tidings To The Empty Bottle
- Reeling LGBT International Film Festival Returns For Its 32nd Edition
- Simply Put, 'Boyhood' Is Extraordinary
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford bill murray books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals filmmaking film noir gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jimmy stewart joan crawford Joe Dante John Huston Kickstarter Kurosawa lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock poetry queue tips recipes Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid Throwback Thursday tiki trash w.c. fields war Werner Herzog Westerns Woody Allen
- 3 things about Alfred Hitchcock’s MARNIE randomcha.net/2015/09/03/3-t… 13 hours ago
- MARNIE in a rare IB Technicolor print. (@ NEIU Auditorium in Chicago, IL) swarmapp.com/c/1KkoybneHCh 1 day ago
- Ice cold martini. (@ Simon's Tavern in Chicago, IL) swarmapp.com/c/6zIvf9GZ4ae 1 day ago
- 3 things about Colin Higgins’ NINE TO FIVE randomcha.net/2015/09/02/3-t… 1 day ago
- In the world of megafranchises I think Michael Shannon is the only person who has not only mastered the game, but moved beyond the board. 2 days ago
- Happy Birthday to Lily Tomlin! 3 things about THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING WOMAN wp.me/pymbF-1cr 2 days ago
- RT @noirfoundation: Tonight at #NoirCity @musicboxtheatre, Robert Ryan double bill with host @alancinephile noircitychicago.com http://t… 2 days ago
- Crisp, dry, very refreshing. - Drinking a Pils by @lagunitasbeer - untp.beer/s/c220464341 3 days ago
- Assertive but not obnoxious. - Drinking a Lagunitas Sucks (2015) by @lagunitasbeer - untp.beer/s/c220463943 3 days ago
- IFP mixer. (@ Lagunitas Brewing - Chicago in Chicago, IL) swarmapp.com/c/00apSlJY9Ba 3 days ago
Tag Archives: sci fi
Perfect Sense  1. Fat and flour. 2. Eating lipstick, Coleman’s mustard, a raw fish, a laboratory rabbit. Guzzling a huge plastic bottle of olive oil. 3. Just before touching they both go blind. This is a movie that just … Continue reading
Starship Troopers  1. A group of kids happily stomp on some squishy bugs. 2. “Aim for the nerve stem.” 3. Brain-straw.
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country  1. “I find that remark … insulting.” 2. The boot doesn’t fit. 3. Federation-branded throw blanket. 3 other things.
Cloud Atlas  1. Making a connection with a glance. 2. “They’re feeding us to ourselves.” (Earlier, Cavendish runs around screaming about soylent green.) 3. Noakes’ head smashed into a barrel.
Ex Machina  1. A beautiful, useless stack of wood: the fireplace is just for show. 2. She pinches the skin under her eye and peels it back. 3. Just before the elevator door closes, a glance. Fantastically stylish, well acted, … Continue reading
The Face of Another  1. In the tea shop, they discuss how loud the music is. Done on purpose to encourage turnover. 2. He looks out the window at the sea. A bright flash. He’s been replaced by a … Continue reading
Looker  1. The doorbell rings. She takes off her robe and goes to answer the door in her underwear, naturally. 2. Insufficient body twist. 3. Spurt Toothpaste.