- Simply Put, 'Boyhood' Is Extraordinary
- Pencil This In: Three Dots And A Dash's First Anniversary Bash
- It's Official: Chicago Has The Best New American Cocktail Bar And The World's Best Cocktail Menu
- Music Box's Son Of 70mm Film Festival Is A BFD
- Obsolescence Forever! Celebrating A Low-Budget Musical And 28mm Filmmaking
- Two Local Filmmakers Get Encores
- 70mm Film Festival Returning To The Music Box
- Murakami Brings His Delightfully Weird 'Jellyfish Eyes' To The MCA
- Pencil This In: Everything is Terrible! At The Siskel
- Two Nelson Algren Documentaries Race To The Finish Line
- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
- Duke Ellington's Only Opera Coming To Chicago
- 10 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'Christmas Is Not For Everyone'
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock Planet of the Apes poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid superheroes tiki trash w.c. fields Wallace Shawn war Westerns Wim Wenders Woody Allen
- HELL YES. @OnePerfectShot SUPERMAN III (1983) Director of Photography: Robert Paynter | Director: Richard Lester http://t.co/9Rn0BV0SrV 3 hours ago
- Idiocy of copyright law illustrated: a poem written in 1922, by a man who was killed in 1936, is still *not* in the pubic domain. 3 hours ago
- Lawyer turned down my license request. So. Coming Soon: PAUSE OF THE CLOCK, a film *not* containing Lorca poetry. 3 hours ago
- Finally saw the Magritte show yesterday with @unnmbl ... it really is *that* good. Go now! 8 hours ago
- I'm at Three Dots and a Dash - @threedotschi in Chicago, IL swarmapp.com/randomcha/chec… 21 hours ago
- I'm at @MillersPub in Chicago, IL swarmapp.com/randomcha/chec… 21 hours ago
- Jean-Claude Carrière is getting an Oscar! blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononholl… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Michael Winterbottom’s THE TRIP TO ITALY wp.me/pymbF-1iK 1 day ago
- I'm at Landmark Century Centre Cinema - @ltchicagoil in Chicago, IL swarmapp.com/randomcha/chec… 1 day ago
- Pre-movie dinner. (at @ElNuevoMexicano in Chicago, IL) swarmapp.com/randomcha/chec… 1 day ago
Tag Archives: sci fi
Capricorn One  1. Scope followed by black coffee. 2. Brenda Vaccaro’s tearful recitation of Fox in Socks. 3. Despite his revulsion, he lifts the dead rattlesnake to his lips and begins to suck its blood.
TRON  1. Air-pop popcorn maker in his cubicle. 2. “Elementary physics, a beam of energy can always be diverted. Are we there yet, Mommy?” 3. Collapsed in the chair behind his desk. Blank expression. The sunrise glowing through the … Continue reading
Brainstorm  1. Cliff Robertson’s pants: brown and beltless. (Sansabelt?) 2.”Go to hell.” “You go to hell!” “No, you go to hell!” “You go to hell!” 3. A soldering iron next to a cigarette.
Robot & Frank  1. Books = printed information. 2. “How are you?” “I am functioning normally.” “As am I.” 3. Before reformatting, an embrace. A sweet little movie. Frank Langella really sells it.
Paycheck  1. Oh come ON. Newspaper headline typo: “Nexim announces it’s answer to ARC’s living display.” 2. Shipping container gauntlet. 3. Plastic curtain tumble.
Coma  1. He shouts, “You don’t want a lover, you want a wife!” 2. Gratuitous looking-up-the-skirt shot, then she takes off her pantyhose. 3. She piles on a pile of bodies.