- It's Official: Chicago Has The Best New American Cocktail Bar And The World's Best Cocktail Menu
- Music Box's Son Of 70mm Film Festival Is A BFD
- Obsolescence Forever! Celebrating A Low-Budget Musical And 28mm Filmmaking
- Two Local Filmmakers Get Encores
- 70mm Film Festival Returning To The Music Box
- Murakami Brings His Delightfully Weird 'Jellyfish Eyes' To The MCA
- Pencil This In: Everything is Terrible! At The Siskel
- Two Nelson Algren Documentaries Race To The Finish Line
- Three Dots And A Dash Hosts 'Potions Of The Caribbean'
- Dan Savage HUMPS The Music Box (NSFW)
- Duke Ellington's Only Opera Coming To Chicago
- 10 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'Christmas Is Not For Everyone'
- A Crime Novelist, A Master Chef, A Burlesque Dancer And A Music Critic Walk Into A Bar ...
- Reeling Reborn: 31st Edition Of The LGBT Film Festival Begins Thursday
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford bill murray books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart Joe Dante John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies muppets music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock Planet of the Apes poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid superheroes tiki trash w.c. fields war Westerns Wim Wenders Woody Allen
- I'm at Three Dots and a Dash - @threedotschi (Chicago, IL) 4sq.com/1plrd9Z 3 hours ago
- 3 guesses where I'm going at 4 o'clock? Hint: rum. 4 hours ago
- RT @nytimes: Photo: A 2007 portrait of Senator Barack Obama reminds us how much things have changed nyti.ms/1t3Hff5 4 hours ago
- Me Being Barbara Kruger. wp.me/pymbF-t3 9 hours ago
- Frankly, if it involves superpowers, I don't give a damn. 11 hours ago
- I've been a fan of Weird Al since I was 9. Damn right I feel vindicated. 22 hours ago
- Boo! Lame! RT @thedissolve Laura Dern was mistaken: David Lynch says he has no plans for a new movie right now: bit.ly/1nY6Z4S 1 day ago
- At a party c. 1996 a musician said, Sure you can use my song in your movie. It's 2014 & I'm getting around to confirming that's still OK. 1 day ago
- RT @mattzollerseitz: Whenever I see a conversation scene where they hold on somebody listening for longer than 5 seconds I'm stunned and gr… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Franklin J. Schaffner’s PATTON wp.me/pymbF-1hO 2 days ago
Tag Archives: sci fi
TRON  1. Air-pop popcorn maker in his cubicle. 2. “Elementary physics, a beam of energy can always be diverted. Are we there yet, Mommy?” 3. Collapsed in the chair behind his desk. Blank expression. The sunrise glowing through the … Continue reading
Brainstorm  1. Cliff Robertson’s pants: brown and beltless. (Sansabelt?) 2.”Go to hell.” “You go to hell!” “No, you go to hell!” “You go to hell!” 3. A soldering iron next to a cigarette.
Robot & Frank  1. Books = printed information. 2. “How are you?” “I am functioning normally.” “As am I.” 3. Before reformatting, an embrace. A sweet little movie. Frank Langella really sells it.
Paycheck  1. Oh come ON. Newspaper headline typo: “Nexim announces it’s answer to ARC’s living display.” 2. Shipping container gauntlet. 3. Plastic curtain tumble.
Coma  1. He shouts, “You don’t want a lover, you want a wife!” 2. Gratuitous looking-up-the-skirt shot, then she takes off her pantyhose. 3. She piles on a pile of bodies.
Marooned  1. “We’ve been in this business for ten years, and I’ve learned the best thing is for us girls to keep our feelings to ourselves and let the men get on with their work.” 2. They enter a … Continue reading
Je t’aime je t’aime  1. “Are you feeling tired?” “I’m tired of that question.” 2. A Magritte print in his bedroom. 3. He silently sheds a tear and then lies still.
12 Monkeys  1. Grizzly outside City Hall. 2. Frank Gorshin’s sideways cigarette plant. 3. Insurance.
Under the Skin  1. Squalling baby, tide inching closer. 2. Pop. 3. It looks down at her own face.
Late August at the Hotel Ozone  1. After bludgeoning the dog, she wipes the butt of her rifle on the grass. 2. Her first glass of milk in 15 years. She’s too overwhelmed to drink it. 3. She stares … Continue reading