- J.R. Jones Explores The Many Lives Of Robert Ryan
- Kartemquin's Success Is Hard Earned
- 'Maps To The Stars' A Disappointing Drive On An Oft-Traveled Road
- 11 Great Movies We Watched This Year: Rob Christopher's Picks
- Chicagoist Presents A New Story By Barry Gifford: 'The King Of Vajra Dornei'
- Royale, The Sound Of Progressive Sci-Fi Yacht Metal
- 'Twin Peaks' + Tiki = Tremendous
- Luxury Movie Theater Coming To Block 37 After All
- Alice Boman Brings Sweet Tidings To The Empty Bottle
- Reeling LGBT International Film Festival Returns For Its 32nd Edition
- Simply Put, 'Boyhood' Is Extraordinary
- Pencil This In: Three Dots And A Dash's First Anniversary Bash
- It's Official: Chicago Has The Best New American Cocktail Bar And The World's Best Cocktail Menu
- Music Box's Son Of 70mm Film Festival Is A BFD
- Obsolescence Forever! Celebrating A Low-Budget Musical And 28mm Filmmaking
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals filmmaking film noir gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock humphrey bogart James Bond James Mason Jane Fonda jazz jimmy stewart joan crawford Joe Dante John Huston Kickstarter Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock poetry queue tips recipes Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid Throwback Thursday tiki trash w.c. fields war Werner Herzog Westerns Woody Allen
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tag Archives: sci fi
Ex Machina  1. A beautiful, useless stack of wood: the fireplace is just for show. 2. She pinches the skin under her eye and peels it back. 3. Just before the elevator door closes, a glance. Fantastically stylish, well acted, … Continue reading
The Face of Another  1. In the tea shop, they discuss how loud the music is. Done on purpose to encourage turnover. 2. He looks out the window at the sea. A bright flash. He’s been replaced by a … Continue reading
Looker  1. The doorbell rings. She takes off her robe and goes to answer the door in her underwear, naturally. 2. Insufficient body twist. 3. Spurt Toothpaste.
Saturn 3  1. Gravity in four directions. 2. “You have a great body. May I use it?” 3. The spectacle of a naked Kirk Douglas strangling Harvey Keitel is one I will not soon forget.
eXistenZ  1. Balmsticks for bioports. 2. “You have to play the game to find out why you’re playing the game.” 3. Cheek-shredding teeth bullets.
The Day the Earth Caught Fire  1. The Thames is a tiny creek in the middle of the riverbed. 2. “Have you suffered from marriage, divorce, any other viruses?” 3. Splashing around in water is the ultimate decadence.
Super 8  1. He makes a mental calculation and says, “I could get back into disco.” 2. A hole in his space shuttle poster. 3. Exploding water tower.