Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Whoa. Rossellini's EUROPA '51 really hit me hard. So timely. The final shot made me cry. 4 hours ago
- Sweet! twitter.com/NancySinatra/s… 7 hours ago
- Distribute my film. @RoysWorldFilm is finished & ready! twitter.com/jimmycthatsme/… 9 hours ago
- 3 things about Christopher Nolan’s INSOMNIA randomcha.net/2020/10/21/3-t… 12 hours ago
- Christopher 2020: I'm Glad You Had A Good Night's Sleep twitter.com/Brian_Talleric… 14 hours ago
- RT @JohnCleese: Trump uses the word 'unfair' to describe any situation where it's hard for him to break the rules 15 hours ago
- This is how copyright ought to work. twitter.com/brianftang/sta… 1 day ago
- 3 things about John Hancock’s LET’S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH randomcha.net/2020/10/20/3-t… 1 day ago
- So I put together this playlist and I think it's pretty swell and you should check it out. twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 1 day ago
- RT @samuelbbeckett: Finished, it’s finished, nearly finished, it must be nearly finished. 2 days ago
Monthly Archives: November 2014
Shooting on location in Colorado, January 1995: (L to R) me, Gavin Mayer, Lesley Walbridge, DC Vito. Happy Thanksgiving!
Man’s Favorite Sport?  1. As the bar revolves he walks alongside holding his martini. 2. “Every time I see you, you’re up to your neck in zippers!” 3. Paula Prentiss: a pioneering Manic Pixie Dream Girl.
Snowpiercer  1. False teeth. She bites into the protein bar. 2. “You know what I hate about myself? I know what people taste like. I know that babies taste best.” 3. Naked boy in a far coat.
Time After Time  1. A very fast cab ride. (I wonder, did he tip?) 2. John invites Herbert to sit down next to him, patting the bedspread. 3. Severed hand on the carpet.
Topsy-Turvy  1. “It’s this heat, it muddles the noodles.” 2. Oysters and stout. 3. She places her hand delicately on her stomach. “How long have you known?” he asks.
As I work towards finishing Pause of the Clock, I have naturally thought an awful lot about the time when we were making the film. During the course of shooting, many, many people worked on the film. Cast, crew, and … Continue reading
Cinematographer Tchavdar Georgiev (left) and assistant cameraman Thomas C. Gaunt prepare a shot. Tchavdar actually appears as an actor in this scene. I think you can sense his bemusement! (Note the sound blankets on the walls in addition to … Continue reading
The Best of Everything  1. “I’ve never asked for more and I won’t settle for anything less. Now you and your rabbit-faced wife, go to hell!” 2. Her new boyfriend the doctor arrives with a variety of pills that … Continue reading
This photo was taken near the end of our first burst of shooting, January 1995. You can see us all busily logging the film and sound (from L to R: cinematographer Tchavdar Georgiev, me, sound recordist Phil Jones).