Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Cloris Leachman reminds me of my eccentric teenage film viewing. Nurse Diesel and NORTH AVENUE IRREGULARS. RIP. What a lady. 13 hours ago
- RT @ThePlaylist: Announced today on #InternationalHolocaustRemembranceDay. @IFCFilms Makes Claude Lanzmann’s 'SHOAH' Available to Own Digi… 17 hours ago
- Everyone, especially filmmakers, ought to devote the necessary time to watch it at least once during their life. twitter.com/stephens_ben/s… 20 hours ago
- Happy 92nd (!) birthday to Jules Feiffer! "It’s dangerous to challenge a system unless you’re completely at peace w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @amlibraries: ALA News: Celebrate the joy of reading with Miss Piggy and Kermit READ® poster tees bit.ly/3ol8wcf 1 day ago
- It's a real shame that James Burke's CONNECTIONS isn't more easily accessible. Just watched the whole series for th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Chan-wook Park’s THE HANDMAIDEN randomcha.net/2021/01/25/3-t… 2 days ago
- This film features the most disturbing line of dialogue Julie Andrews ever delivered: "I'm sticky, Charlie. I'm sti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Our first presentation of 2021! Stay tuned! twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 2 days ago
- 3 things about John Sturges’s BY LOVE POSSESSED randomcha.net/2021/01/24/3-t… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: star trek
Star Trek: Insurrection  1. Gilbert & Sullivan strategy. 2. The giveaway: a glitchy holodeck. 3. He has 318 days of shore leave coming to him. 3 other things.
Star Trek Beyond  1. “Cut its throat.” 2. Multiple motorcycles. 3. She’s suddenly a member of Starfleet just like that? An improvement over the last one for sure, but the plot holes don’t bear scrutiny.
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country  1. “I find that remark … insulting.” 2. The boot doesn’t fit. 3. Federation-branded throw blanket. 3 other things.
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country  1. “There is an old Vulcan proverb: Only Nixon could go to China.” 2. Iman smoking a cigarillo. 3. Rivets on his eyepatch.
Star Trek: Nemesis  1. Apparently Irving Berlin is not good when suffering from a hangover from Romulan ale. Apparently Worf knows who Irving Berlin is. 2. “What’s happening to his face?” Everyone tactfully ignores the question. 3. Tom Hardy … Continue reading
Star Trek: Insurrection  1. “In case of a water landing, I have been designed to act as a flotation device.” 2. He gets so upset he literally bursts a bloodvessel. 3. Curious, she caresses his bald head.
Star Trek Into Darkness  1. James T. Perfect-hair. 2. The crunching of the cranium. 3. Quoting Obama: “That’s not who we are.”
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home  1. “I think he did a little too much LDS.” 2. Flattened garbage can. 3. Scotty cracking his knuckles before using the keyboard.
The Muppets Take Manhattan  1. They occupy the entire bank of bus station lockers. 2. “Do you believe in interspecies dating?” 3. Gates McFadden as a secretary (!)
Star Trek: First Contact  1. The eyeball begins to yield. 2. “Data, I’m sure it’s a fascinating experience but perhaps you should deactivate your emotion chip for now.” Data jerks his head back and we hear a click. “Done.” 3. … Continue reading