Enter ROY’S WORLD
October 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @ChiFilmArchives: A very happy birthday to Tommy Chicago Palazzolo! Here's an excerpt from "The Filmmaker," a very serious film made abo… 11 hours ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: Ever wonder why we don't have a @Facebook page? This is one of many reasons. We hereby challenge other documentary filmm… 15 hours ago
- #DeleteFacebook & #vote. 16 hours ago
- Last night was terrifying and I refuse to give into fear. I won't be watching another debate because nothing is up… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- 3 things about Zhang Yimou’s SHADOW randomcha.net/2020/09/30/3-t… 22 hours ago
- Got mine. Got yours? #VOTE https://t.co/mRWBW8U6YZ 1 day ago
- Y'all need to get in on this sweater thread. twitter.com/sheilakathleen… 1 day ago
- RT @Kyle_MacLachlan: Would you believe today is #NationalCoffeeDay? Let us all celebrate accordingly ☕🙌 https://t.co/AOluchhLbj 1 day ago
- 3 things about Rainer Werner Fassbinder’s LOVE IS COLDER THAN DEATH randomcha.net/2020/09/29/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @billmckibben: Working through Facebook, the Trump campaign in 2016 set out to deter 3.5 million Black Americans from voting. This is ug… 2 days ago
Tag Archives: Cronenberg
The Brood  1. Short, short robe. 2. Two kids playing on a tire swing which hangs above a muddy puddle. 3. “They sometimes do. Sometimes, but then they’re bad mommies, they’re fucked-up mommies.”
Scanners  1. A neatly folded brown blanket on the bed. 2. Melting telephone. 3. An ad in LIFE. 3 other things.
Rabid  1. “I don’t want to be the Colonel Sanders of plastic surgery.” 2. A movie poster for Carrie in the background. 3. Machine-gunned Santa. Above all, what attracts me the most about this film is its wintry mid-70s … Continue reading
The Quatermass Xperiment  1. The answers to the mystery hinge on expert film processing. 2. Cactus hand. Very Cronenberg. 3. It seems to look down at the policeman with its single eye.
eXistenZ  1. Balmsticks for bioports. 2. “You have to play the game to find out why you’re playing the game.” 3. Cheek-shredding teeth bullets.
Maps to the Stars  1. Toe shoes. 2. “Everything is research on some level.” 3. They both slip beneath the surface of the water and disappear.
Videodrome  1. He twirls his cigarette in the ashtray. “Can we get away with it? Do we want to get away with it?” 2. Stretchy static. 3. Mic drop. 3 other things.
Cosmopolis  1. “Put a stick of gum in your mouth and try not to chew it.” 2. “Money has lost its narrative quality the way painting did once upon a time.” They continue their conversation without interruption even as … Continue reading
Antiviral  1. Biological communion. 2. He rolls up his sleeve to display his collection of skin grafts. 3. An arm rail. Literally.
The Fly  1. A state of the art word processor. 2. “There is an elevator.” He picks her up. “Don’t you feel elevated?” 3. A package of mini cake donuts. 3 other things.