Enter ROY’S WORLD
Join 1,073 other followers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- nicholas ray
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- As a documentary filmmaker, this is disturbing for all sorts of reasons. If we won't allow filmmakers to harness th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 27 minutes ago
- 3 things about Sam Wood’s WHIPSAW randomcha.net/2022/09/24/3-t… 21 hours ago
- RT @jim_laczkowski: Smile (2022) https://t.co/C6m2whCbPA 22 hours ago
- Now that it's autumn I am reupping this! twitter.com/randomcha/stat… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Nicholas Ray’s REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE randomcha.net/2022/09/23/3-t… 1 day ago
- #NowPlaying "Blue And Sentimental" by Ike Quebec on @TIDAL tidal.com/browse/track/7… 1 day ago
- Las Piñatas, in Old Town. Sigh. Those chips, that salsa. Enchiladas Norteno. Damn good margaritas. twitter.com/TimeOutChicago… 3 days ago
- Oh my god. Just, no. If you think the original ain't gay enough, there's no helping you. twitter.com/Variety/status… 3 days ago
- Please join me! Will have to grab a bite at Daley's beforehand. twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 3 days ago
- Why not just rewatch INSIGNIFANCE if you're interested in an incisive examination of how fame corrupts the soul? 4 days ago
Tag Archives: Cronenberg
Crimes of the Future  1. “Careful. Don’t spill.” 2. Inner Beauty Pageant. 3. Double drill.
Crash  1. It’s as if the emergency workers on the scene don’t even see them. 2. Leg-slot joint stash. 3. “Maybe next time, darling.” 3 other things.
The Brood  1. Short, short robe. 2. Two kids playing on a tire swing which hangs above a muddy puddle. 3. “They sometimes do. Sometimes, but then they’re bad mommies, they’re fucked-up mommies.”
Scanners  1. A neatly folded brown blanket on the bed. 2. Melting telephone. 3. An ad in LIFE. 3 other things.
Rabid  1. “I don’t want to be the Colonel Sanders of plastic surgery.” 2. A movie poster for Carrie in the background. 3. Machine-gunned Santa. Above all, what attracts me the most about this film is its wintry mid-70s … Continue reading
The Quatermass Xperiment  1. The answers to the mystery hinge on expert film processing. 2. Cactus hand. Very Cronenberg. 3. It seems to look down at the policeman with its single eye.
eXistenZ  1. Balmsticks for bioports. 2. “You have to play the game to find out why you’re playing the game.” 3. Cheek-shredding teeth bullets.
Maps to the Stars  1. Toe shoes. 2. “Everything is research on some level.” 3. They both slip beneath the surface of the water and disappear.
Videodrome  1. He twirls his cigarette in the ashtray. “Can we get away with it? Do we want to get away with it?” 2. Stretchy static. 3. Mic drop. 3 other things.