Enter ROY’S WORLD
October 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @ChiFilmArchives: A very happy birthday to Tommy Chicago Palazzolo! Here's an excerpt from "The Filmmaker," a very serious film made abo… 12 hours ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: Ever wonder why we don't have a @Facebook page? This is one of many reasons. We hereby challenge other documentary filmm… 16 hours ago
- #DeleteFacebook & #vote. 17 hours ago
- Last night was terrifying and I refuse to give into fear. I won't be watching another debate because nothing is up… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- 3 things about Zhang Yimou’s SHADOW randomcha.net/2020/09/30/3-t… 23 hours ago
- Got mine. Got yours? #VOTE https://t.co/mRWBW8U6YZ 1 day ago
- Y'all need to get in on this sweater thread. twitter.com/sheilakathleen… 1 day ago
- RT @Kyle_MacLachlan: Would you believe today is #NationalCoffeeDay? Let us all celebrate accordingly ☕🙌 https://t.co/AOluchhLbj 1 day ago
- 3 things about Rainer Werner Fassbinder’s LOVE IS COLDER THAN DEATH randomcha.net/2020/09/29/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @billmckibben: Working through Facebook, the Trump campaign in 2016 set out to deter 3.5 million Black Americans from voting. This is ug… 2 days ago
Tag Archives: Soderbergh
The Laundromat  1. Cows and bananas. The way Gary Oldman pronounces “bananas.” 2. It’s all shells. 3. Statue of Liberty with a hairbrush.
High Flying Bird  1. A long holiday weekend without a holiday. 2. Sauna conversation. 3. “I had a real come-to-Jesus moment on this.”
I had the great pleasure of being interviewed by Matt Fagerholm for Indie Outlook. The result is a deep dive into the making of the film. Enjoy!
And Everything Is Going Fine  1. Rubber garden hose. 2. Liking telling stories about life more than living life. 3. A veterinarian’s van.
Logan Lucky  1. “I am in-car-ce-re-ted.” 2. She explains churn rates to her daddy. 3. Quoting from the theme song to Alice.
Unsane  1. “This is going to go the way you want it to.” 2. Double exposure (front of head + back of head) becomes triple exposure. Her POV: the room sideways. 3. The detective discovers the notebook in the … Continue reading
Schizopolis  1. “I don’t need to tell you how critical this is. Hometown. Pay-per-view. The eyes of the media. Here’s what I need. It should be lengthy enough to seem substantial, yet concise enough to feel breezy. It should … Continue reading
Contagion  1. “We don’t need to weaponize the bird flu. The birds are doing that.” 2. A metal chest of placebos. 3. Birthday lottery. 3 other things.
Erin Brockovich  1. “Are you going to be something else that I have to survive?” 2. He picks up several rocks and throws them at the plant. 3. The way Albert Finney leaves her office.
Solaris  1. “It brings out the red in my eyes.” 2. In bed, naked, lying on his stomach, eating noodles from a bowl. 3. Reaching towards the boy’s hand. 3 other things.