Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Errol Morris’s THE UNKNOWN KNOWN randomcha.net/2021/07/26/3-t… 13 hours ago
- RT @danielknoxmusic: 📽⬅️ don’t forget to come early for the special pre-show I’ve put together. @musicboxtheatre 👍🏼 ▵▵☕️🦉🔥🌲🍩🥧 https://t.c… 16 hours ago
- Holy smokes! cc @whitecitycinema twitter.com/TwinPeaksArchv… 16 hours ago
- 3 things about Claudia Weill’s GIRLFRIENDS randomcha.net/2021/07/25/3-t… 1 day ago
- If you like to spend your Saturday evening shouting things at your television then I highly recommend THE UNKNOWN KNOWN by @errolmorris. 2 days ago
- 3 things about Robert Wise’s ODDS AGAINST TOMORROW randomcha.net/2021/07/24/3-t… 2 days ago
- Colorado + Michigan randomcha.net/2021/07/23/col… 3 days ago
- Personal trivia: I was a postproduction intern on NORMAL LIFE ... for about 3 weeks. I caught scarlet fever (!) and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Where you be at 7:00pm on Tuesday, August 10? If you're in Colorado, there's only one correct answer:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- 3 things about Ted Post’s ESCAPE FROM THE PLANET OF THE APES randomcha.net/2021/07/19/3-t… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Soderbergh
No Sudden Move  1. A goof in the scene where Bill Duke’s character is introduced: in the background we hear “Blue Pepper (Far East of the Blues),” an Ellington number that wasn’t released until 1967. 2. The sous chef … Continue reading
Let Them All Talk  1. Checking out the ship’s library to see which of her books they have. 2. “I was wondering if I could kiss you … sometime … in the near future.” 3. Thrombosis montage.
The Laundromat  1. Cows and bananas. The way Gary Oldman pronounces “bananas.” 2. It’s all shells. 3. Statue of Liberty with a hairbrush.
High Flying Bird  1. A long holiday weekend without a holiday. 2. Sauna conversation. 3. “I had a real come-to-Jesus moment on this.”
I had the great pleasure of being interviewed by Matt Fagerholm for Indie Outlook. The result is a deep dive into the making of the film. Enjoy!
And Everything Is Going Fine  1. Rubber garden hose. 2. Liking telling stories about life more than living life. 3. A veterinarian’s van.
Logan Lucky  1. “I am in-car-ce-re-ted.” 2. She explains churn rates to her daddy. 3. Quoting from the theme song to Alice.
Unsane  1. “This is going to go the way you want it to.” 2. Double exposure (front of head + back of head) becomes triple exposure. Her POV: the room sideways. 3. The detective discovers the notebook in the … Continue reading
Schizopolis  1. “I don’t need to tell you how critical this is. Hometown. Pay-per-view. The eyes of the media. Here’s what I need. It should be lengthy enough to seem substantial, yet concise enough to feel breezy. It should … Continue reading
Contagion  1. “We don’t need to weaponize the bird flu. The birds are doing that.” 2. A metal chest of placebos. 3. Birthday lottery. 3 other things.