Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @nomadicmatt: What trip did COVID put on hold for you? 8 hours ago
- RT @musicboxtheatre: This Thursday at 7pm, FIRST COW comes to the Music Box Virtual Cinema! For One Night Only, you can watch the acclaime… 8 hours ago
- There really is no balm more healing than an ice cold martini. 9 hours ago
- 3 things about David Swift’s HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING randomcha.net/2020/07/07/3-t… 17 hours ago
- RT @mmpadellan: The Electoral College is worthless and should be abolished. Raise your hand if you agree. 🖐️ 1 day ago
- 3 things about John Badham’s WARGAMES randomcha.net/2020/07/06/3-t… 1 day ago
- Man with a Harmonica. Unsurpassed, really. #RIPMorricone 1 day ago
- This holiday weekend I saw 3 films offering a composite portrait of America: WARGAMES, HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Thursday, July 9 ONLY: watch the new Kelly Reichardt film while supporting @musicboxtheatre--win/win watch.eventive.org/musicbox/play/… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kirsten Johnson’s CAMERAPERSON randomcha.net/2020/07/05/3-t… 2 days ago
Tag Archives: musicals
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying  1. In the mailroom, a 3M box. (3M also provided the office machines seen in the film.) 2. Pom pom stitch. 3. On a shelf in his office: a Pyrex catalog. … Continue reading
Yellow Submarine  1. The number 18. 2. Clown alarm system. 3. “If you must shout, shout quietly.” 3 other things.
The Lure  1. Donna Summer. 2. A glass with a toothbrush in it. 3. Covered in sea foam.
Summer Stock  1. In the kitchen, an old fashioned stove next to a modern range. 2. Halving the newspaper, again and again. 3. Black fedora, oversized jacket, leotards.
Cry-Baby  1. Hysterectomy pants. 2. French kissing. 3. She guzzles her jar of tears.
The Wizard of Oz  1. Farmland just outside Emerald City. 2. Musical quotation from “A Night on Bald Mountain.” 3. “Silence, whippersnapper!” 3 other things.
For Me and My Gal  1. We know what the telegram says before she does. 2. “Gee, when I think about all the time I wasted. Why didn’t you tell me I was in love with you?” 3. Gene … Continue reading
The Harvey Girls  1. Paris, Illinois. 2. Burning building brawl. 3. Ray Bolger as spinning top.
Hairspray  1. Negro Day, the last Thursday of each month. 2. Kicking aside the rat. 3. “Oh my God! There are colored people in my house!”
Jazz ’34: Remembrances of Kansas City Swing  1. Water pitcher as mute. 2. He takes off his jacket, carefully buttons his vest, proceeds to blow. 3. BBQ wagon on the street.