Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Jules Dassin’s UPTIGHT randomcha.net/2021/04/17/3-t… 9 hours ago
- I am so sickened that this is going on in my amazing city. twitter.com/LoganKenny1/st… 2 days ago
- This is just so freaking sad. twitter.com/benkenigsberg/… 5 days ago
- RT @meganeabbott: Today's sorely needed inspo: Anjelica Huston, showing us all how to take on a dreary late-pandemic Monday Photo: Annie… 5 days ago
- Wonderful stuff. twitter.com/Chicago_Reader… 5 days ago
- 3 things about Alain Resnais’ LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD randomcha.net/2021/04/11/3-t… 6 days ago
- RT @PostCultRev: Fans bully major studio into releasing an extended 4-hour cut of “Last Year at Marienbad” that includes never-before-seen… 6 days ago
- Watched it again last night. https://t.co/Nt9xlwNS3b 6 days ago
- RT @MissMargoPrice: Moderna, J&J and Pfizer teaming up to save the summer https://t.co/14iF2siCH7 1 week ago
- 3 things about Michael Radford’s NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR randomcha.net/2021/04/10/3-t… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: war
The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara  1. On the roof of a trolley, a crowd of people wearing masks and cheering the end of the Great War. 2. Telegram to his fiancée: … Continue reading
Da 5 Bloods  1. Rusted-through bottom. 2. Hedy. 3. “You’re gonna fly.”
A Hidden Life  1. She tries to comfort her. Mud-caked fingers on her head. 2. “Sign this, you’ll be free.” “I am free now.” “Then why am I here?” 3. A room entirely in black with a wet floor.
WarGames  1. “A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.” 2. A kiss on the ferry. 3. He ruffles David’s hair, smiles at the group, awkwardly walks away. And then immediately gets fired offscreen?
Cameraperson  1. He needs oxygen. There is no oxygen. 2. Cut from the receptacle of ashes to her mother, still living. 3. She asks about the woman’s sense of personal style.
The Boy with Green Hair  1. Passed around from household to household. 2. Cro-Magnon emo: a tear on his cheek, half shaved head, tufts of his shorn green hair. 3. “Remember us as having died with millions of other … Continue reading
1917  1. Hanging bags and climbing rats. 2. German soldiers with knives. 3. Contrived lone tree.
Damn the Defiant!  1. “Get those wretched women off the ship!” 2. Bread with maggots and worms. 3. Passing by, he cuts the rope and causes the body to plunge into the sea.
Q Planes  1. Nonsensical compacts. 2. Cooking stew as a catalyst for deep thinking. 3. A closet entirely filled with identical umbrellas and bowler hats.