Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @nomadicmatt: What trip did COVID put on hold for you? 7 hours ago
- RT @musicboxtheatre: This Thursday at 7pm, FIRST COW comes to the Music Box Virtual Cinema! For One Night Only, you can watch the acclaime… 7 hours ago
- There really is no balm more healing than an ice cold martini. 8 hours ago
- 3 things about David Swift’s HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING randomcha.net/2020/07/07/3-t… 16 hours ago
- RT @mmpadellan: The Electoral College is worthless and should be abolished. Raise your hand if you agree. 🖐️ 1 day ago
- 3 things about John Badham’s WARGAMES randomcha.net/2020/07/06/3-t… 1 day ago
- Man with a Harmonica. Unsurpassed, really. #RIPMorricone 1 day ago
- This holiday weekend I saw 3 films offering a composite portrait of America: WARGAMES, HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Thursday, July 9 ONLY: watch the new Kelly Reichardt film while supporting @musicboxtheatre--win/win watch.eventive.org/musicbox/play/… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kirsten Johnson’s CAMERAPERSON randomcha.net/2020/07/05/3-t… 2 days ago
Tag Archives: war
WarGames  1. “A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.” 2. A kiss on the ferry. 3. He ruffles David’s hair, smiles at the group, awkwardly walks away. And then immediately gets fired offscreen?
Cameraperson  1. He needs oxygen. There is no oxygen. 2. Cut from the receptacle of ashes to her mother, still living. 3. She asks about the woman’s sense of personal style.
The Boy with Green Hair  1. Passed around from household to household. 2. Cro-Magnon emo: a tear on his cheek, half shaved head, tufts of his shorn green hair. 3. “Remember us as having died with millions of other … Continue reading
1917  1. Hanging bags and climbing rats. 2. German soldiers with knives. 3. Contrived lone tree.
Damn the Defiant!  1. “Get those wretched women off the ship!” 2. Bread with maggots and worms. 3. Passing by, he cuts the rope and causes the body to plunge into the sea.
Q Planes  1. Nonsensical compacts. 2. Cooking stew as a catalyst for deep thinking. 3. A closet entirely filled with identical umbrellas and bowler hats.
Saboteur  1. Running into the bebop cat at the charity ball. “Beat it out, son. Beat it out.” 2. Curlers in her beard. 3. Perfect choice: a nasty soliloquy captured in a long shot. You don’t hear many folks … Continue reading
The Miracle of Morgan’s Creek  1. Walking through the screen door. 2. Zipperpuss. 3. She replies at lightning speed, while stuttering: “K-O-C-K-E-N-L-O-C-K-E-R.”
Stalag 17  1. Delousing for Christmas. 2. Betty Grable on the dancefloor. 3. “I like the odds this time.”
Threads  1. All the fingers are on fire. 2. The sound of swarms of flies coming from the cellar. 3. Britain’s population returning to medieval levels. Genuinely terrifying.