Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @billmckibben: Working through Facebook, the Trump campaign in 2016 set out to deter 3.5 million Black Americans from voting. This is ug… 8 hours ago
- RT @marclamonthill: RT if you pay more in taxes than President Trump. 1 day ago
- A huge fraud, as we've always known. 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ranald MacDougall’s THE WORLD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL randomcha.net/2020/09/27/3-t… 1 day ago
- Be honest: how much of this music have your heard in contemporary documentaries? It needs to end! youtu.be/AIxY_Y9TGWI 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ray Enright and Busby Berkeley’s DAMES randomcha.net/2020/09/26/3-t… 2 days ago
- Two nights ago I had a dream and in that dream I mixed up a cocktail, this exact recipe, and I tried it out last ni… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- THE WORLD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL is a film we ought to talk about more often. 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kogonada’s COLUMBUS randomcha.net/2020/09/24/3-t… 4 days ago
- RT @BurtonDiaries: 24 Sep 66 A little Monty Clift cult has started since his death. It would have been more useful when he was alive. He co… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: war
WarGames  1. “A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.” 2. A kiss on the ferry. 3. He ruffles David’s hair, smiles at the group, awkwardly walks away. And then immediately gets fired offscreen?
Cameraperson  1. He needs oxygen. There is no oxygen. 2. Cut from the receptacle of ashes to her mother, still living. 3. She asks about the woman’s sense of personal style.
The Boy with Green Hair  1. Passed around from household to household. 2. Cro-Magnon emo: a tear on his cheek, half shaved head, tufts of his shorn green hair. 3. “Remember us as having died with millions of other … Continue reading
1917  1. Hanging bags and climbing rats. 2. German soldiers with knives. 3. Contrived lone tree.
Damn the Defiant!  1. “Get those wretched women off the ship!” 2. Bread with maggots and worms. 3. Passing by, he cuts the rope and causes the body to plunge into the sea.
Q Planes  1. Nonsensical compacts. 2. Cooking stew as a catalyst for deep thinking. 3. A closet entirely filled with identical umbrellas and bowler hats.
Saboteur  1. Running into the bebop cat at the charity ball. “Beat it out, son. Beat it out.” 2. Curlers in her beard. 3. Perfect choice: a nasty soliloquy captured in a long shot. You don’t hear many folks … Continue reading
The Miracle of Morgan’s Creek  1. Walking through the screen door. 2. Zipperpuss. 3. She replies at lightning speed, while stuttering: “K-O-C-K-E-N-L-O-C-K-E-R.”
Stalag 17  1. Delousing for Christmas. 2. Betty Grable on the dancefloor. 3. “I like the odds this time.”
Threads  1. All the fingers are on fire. 2. The sound of swarms of flies coming from the cellar. 3. Britain’s population returning to medieval levels. Genuinely terrifying.