Enter ROY’S WORLD
Join 1,073 other followers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- nicholas ray
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- As a documentary filmmaker, this is disturbing for all sorts of reasons. If we won't allow filmmakers to harness th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- 3 things about Sam Wood’s WHIPSAW randomcha.net/2022/09/24/3-t… 22 hours ago
- RT @jim_laczkowski: Smile (2022) https://t.co/C6m2whCbPA 23 hours ago
- Now that it's autumn I am reupping this! twitter.com/randomcha/stat… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Nicholas Ray’s REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE randomcha.net/2022/09/23/3-t… 1 day ago
- #NowPlaying "Blue And Sentimental" by Ike Quebec on @TIDAL tidal.com/browse/track/7… 1 day ago
- Las Piñatas, in Old Town. Sigh. Those chips, that salsa. Enchiladas Norteno. Damn good margaritas. twitter.com/TimeOutChicago… 3 days ago
- Oh my god. Just, no. If you think the original ain't gay enough, there's no helping you. twitter.com/Variety/status… 3 days ago
- Please join me! Will have to grab a bite at Daley's beforehand. twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 3 days ago
- Why not just rewatch INSIGNIFANCE if you're interested in an incisive examination of how fame corrupts the soul? 4 days ago
Tag Archives: war
Mr. Klein  1. “It’s nothing to do with me.” His fatal blindspot. 2. The deep green of the trees in the square across the street from his apartment. 3. Red robe on dark snow.
Princess Mononoke 1. Multiple decapitations via arrow. 2. Talking bandage-head. 3. Bones buried in the mud on the bottom of the pond.
Strange Victory  1. “They paid. Everyone paid.” 2. Silver Shirts. 3. Euphemistic signifiers of restrictive housing and membership. “Select Clientele,” etc.
Porco Rosso  1. Secret meeting in a movie theatre. 2. “I’d rather be a pig than a fascist.” 3. The graceful way in which we are shown that his curse has been lifted.
Benediction  1. His mother asks him, “Is he another of your pretty young men?” 2. A lifeless battlefield intrudes upon the hearth. 3. Distinctive purple scarf.
Flee  1. He watches silently as the two cops corner the girl in the police van, and a third cop closes the door. 2. To the customs agent he says a single word, “Refugee.” 3. At the entrance to … Continue reading
I See a Dark Stranger  1. Ringing casket. 2. “Look down there for instance. Crossing the road to the Tynwald Court. She could easily fit the description. Right height, fawn coat, brown hair. Typically Irish. You meet them at … Continue reading
Coming Out Under Fire  1. Incompatible. 2. Using the word “darling” in a letter was a giveaway. 3. Mimeographed bulletin, “The Myrtle Bitch Beach.” Invaluable.
The Unknown Known  1. Safely far away in Brussels while the scandal erupted. 2. He claims he never read the memos. Yet he knows the exact number that were written. 3. “That’s a vicious question.”
Quo vadis, Aida?  1. A toy helicopter lies abandoned on the steps. 2. Soldiers toss loaves of bread into the crowd. 3. A couple sitting on a balcony idly watch the condemned being herded into the building.