Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Happy 92nd (!) birthday to Jules Feiffer! "It’s dangerous to challenge a system unless you’re completely at peace w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- RT @amlibraries: ALA News: Celebrate the joy of reading with Miss Piggy and Kermit READ® poster tees bit.ly/3ol8wcf 14 hours ago
- It's a real shame that James Burke's CONNECTIONS isn't more easily accessible. Just watched the whole series for th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Chan-wook Park’s THE HANDMAIDEN randomcha.net/2021/01/25/3-t… 1 day ago
- This film features the most disturbing line of dialogue Julie Andrews ever delivered: "I'm sticky, Charlie. I'm sti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Our first presentation of 2021! Stay tuned! twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 1 day ago
- 3 things about John Sturges’s BY LOVE POSSESSED randomcha.net/2021/01/24/3-t… 2 days ago
- Imagine Paul Thomas Anderson taking this on. twitter.com/JDPCogginbooks… 3 days ago
- New Mop Punch by @DavidWondrich hits the spot. https://t.co/adlQmsI7A0 4 days ago
- RT @chipublib: On Jan. 26, join Kyle Westphal (@thefilmsociety) & Mike Mashon (@librarycongress) in a moderated conversation by Marilyn Fer… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: war
Da 5 Bloods  1. Rusted-through bottom. 2. Hedy. 3. “You’re gonna fly.”
A Hidden Life  1. She tries to comfort her. Mud-caked fingers on her head. 2. “Sign this, you’ll be free.” “I am free now.” “Then why am I here?” 3. A room entirely in black with a wet floor.
WarGames  1. “A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.” 2. A kiss on the ferry. 3. He ruffles David’s hair, smiles at the group, awkwardly walks away. And then immediately gets fired offscreen?
Cameraperson  1. He needs oxygen. There is no oxygen. 2. Cut from the receptacle of ashes to her mother, still living. 3. She asks about the woman’s sense of personal style.
The Boy with Green Hair  1. Passed around from household to household. 2. Cro-Magnon emo: a tear on his cheek, half shaved head, tufts of his shorn green hair. 3. “Remember us as having died with millions of other … Continue reading
1917  1. Hanging bags and climbing rats. 2. German soldiers with knives. 3. Contrived lone tree.
Damn the Defiant!  1. “Get those wretched women off the ship!” 2. Bread with maggots and worms. 3. Passing by, he cuts the rope and causes the body to plunge into the sea.
Q Planes  1. Nonsensical compacts. 2. Cooking stew as a catalyst for deep thinking. 3. A closet entirely filled with identical umbrellas and bowler hats.
Saboteur  1. Running into the bebop cat at the charity ball. “Beat it out, son. Beat it out.” 2. Curlers in her beard. 3. Perfect choice: a nasty soliloquy captured in a long shot. You don’t hear many folks … Continue reading
The Miracle of Morgan’s Creek  1. Walking through the screen door. 2. Zipperpuss. 3. She replies at lightning speed, while stuttering: “K-O-C-K-E-N-L-O-C-K-E-R.”