Enter ROY’S WORLD
April 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- the thin man
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- "We don't need hope, we only need truth." --Albert Camus 1 hour ago
- RT @factory_25: @FilmmakerMag @cleverrgirrl Filmmakers should know that taking this deal will hurt if not kill their chances of a distribut… 21 hours ago
- Always look for the helpers. twitter.com/chicagobars/st… 1 day ago
- RT @DerfBackderf: The latest from Jules Feiffer, age 91. https://t.co/b8vaHcwxjN 1 day ago
- Someone next door is practicing bongos right now and, frankly, I'm into it. 1 day ago
- RT @mavisstaples: All In It Together. Out Now. All proceeds will be donated to @mbmhmc – a Chicago organization ensuring seniors have acces… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kenji Mizoguchi’s UGETSU randomcha.net/2020/04/02/3-t… 2 days ago
- When it's Thursday. https://t.co/ZNW4cn92eu 2 days ago
- RT @m_tisserand: Jules Feiffer, 91 and still working every day, asked me to pass this along to you. https://t.co/SmrqbSxlrv 2 days ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: March 1 vs April 1 https://t.co/bNYrMYg0gX 2 days ago
Tag Archives: humphrey bogart
The Petrified Forest  1. “Joseph, let us see if their car will function.” 2. Two black men share a moment at the bar. 3. Intimate kiss under the table. 3 other things.
The Big Sleep  1. Sign at the diner: COUNTRY SAUSAGE TWO EGGS 35¢. 2. “I liked that. I’d like more.” 3. Death in an empty insurance office. 3 other things.
All Through the Night  1. “You’re not a bad-looking character. I’d hate to see that fine nose of yours smeared all over your pan.” 2. Fire axe through Hitler’s portrait. 3. A Chinese man clobbers a Nazi.
To Have and Have Not  1. He sings “Am I Blue” without changing the gender of the pronouns. 2. “Here’s that bottle again. It’s getting to be quite a problem, isn’t it? 3. The way she flutters her eyelashes … Continue reading
Marked Woman  1. “Well, how do you want it, honey? Soft and smooth, or loud and hard?” 2. We don’t witness the beating, only the aftermath. 3. Arm in arm, the women disappear into the fog.
Casablanca  1. “Only one answer can take care of all our questions.” 2. A trio of coupe glasses on top of the piano. 3. Their footprints reveal puddles on the tarmac. 3 other things.
High Sierra  1. A dead body in a bed, no sentiment about it. 2. When we see her again Velma has a new hairstyle. 3. A bus to Las Vegas.