Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @DanielDKraus: Hey! I wrote another episode of my beloved CREEPSHOW! Tune into @Shudder on Thursday to see “The Things in Oakwood’s Past… 14 hours ago
- Cc @FoodieAnthony twitter.com/baddestmamajam… 15 hours ago
- Note to my fellow filmmakers: Don Siegel's INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS, one of the greatest films ever made, is… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Cary Joji Fukunaga’s NO TIME TO DIE randomcha.net/2021/10/15/3-t… 2 days ago
- I want to run into Terence Davies someday! twitter.com/sopharsogood/s… 3 days ago
- RT @LisaBeesa: Chicago, you do not get to say there are no movies to see. Between now and the end of the year, you can catch: 🎬 @chifilmfe… 3 days ago
- RT @musicboxtheatre: You know things are about to get really bad when Veronica Cartwright starts freaking out https://t.co/QkFXWn3Nod 6 days ago
- If you haven't watched DIARY OF A MAD HOUSEWIFE on @criterionchannl why not? 6 days ago
- RT @Rythemovieguy: For your Monday earbuds. https://t.co/NidypIsCPU 6 days ago
- 3 things about Steve James’ and Alex Kotlowitz’s THE INTERRUPTERS randomcha.net/2021/10/09/3-t… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: humphrey bogart
The Petrified Forest  1. “Joseph, let us see if their car will function.” 2. Two black men share a moment at the bar. 3. Intimate kiss under the table. 3 other things.
The Big Sleep  1. Sign at the diner: COUNTRY SAUSAGE TWO EGGS 35¢. 2. “I liked that. I’d like more.” 3. Death in an empty insurance office. 3 other things.
All Through the Night  1. “You’re not a bad-looking character. I’d hate to see that fine nose of yours smeared all over your pan.” 2. Fire axe through Hitler’s portrait. 3. A Chinese man clobbers a Nazi.
To Have and Have Not  1. He sings “Am I Blue” without changing the gender of the pronouns. 2. “Here’s that bottle again. It’s getting to be quite a problem, isn’t it? 3. The way she flutters her eyelashes … Continue reading
Marked Woman  1. “Well, how do you want it, honey? Soft and smooth, or loud and hard?” 2. We don’t witness the beating, only the aftermath. 3. Arm in arm, the women disappear into the fog.
Casablanca  1. “Only one answer can take care of all our questions.” 2. A trio of coupe glasses on top of the piano. 3. Their footprints reveal puddles on the tarmac. 3 other things.
High Sierra  1. A dead body in a bed, no sentiment about it. 2. When we see her again Velma has a new hairstyle. 3. A bus to Las Vegas.
Key Largo  1. “Put it this way, for a few hours you’re going to be our guests.” 2. He grabs her by the arms and goes in for a kiss. She’s too stunned to resist. 3. Glistening, miniature rubber … Continue reading
The African Queen  1. “‘What an absurd idea.’ ‘What an absurd idea.’ Lady, you got ten absurd ideas for my one.” 2. Leeches. Salt. 3. A flock of empty gin bottles bobbing in the river.
Dark Passage  1. POV shot from the inside of the barrel as it tumbles down the hillside. 2. Agnes Moorehead’s peculiar pyramidal hairdo. 3. Glass elevator illuminated from within.