20th Century Women 
1. “Wondering if you’re happy is just a shortcut to being depressed.”
2. Goof: “The Big Country” is not the first song on the second side of More Songs about Buildings and Food.
3. As part of her Y2K plan, $16,000 in gold coins in a safety deposit box at the Bank of Montecito.
I’ve been entranced by the guitar stylings of Kenny Burrell at least as far back as the first time I heard his masterpiece Midnight Blue. So I offer up this libation in his honor. It spotlights (albeit subtly) Plantation’s newest rum.
KENNY BURRELL COCKTAIL
2 oz. Hamilton Guyana Rum
.5 oz. Plantation O.F.T.D. Overproof Rum
2 teaspoons honey syrup
5 drops ‘Elemakule Tiki Bitters
Add ingredients to a small tumbler. Add a jumbo cube of ice and stir for five seconds. Garnish with an orange peel, press play on “Chitlins Con Carne,” and serve.
(Thanks Anthony for the bitters!)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers 
1. Why the name change from Miles to Matthew?
2. He’s only able to destroy his own pod.
3. Her left cheek caves in, begins to crumble.
3 other things.
1. Burt in blackface.
2. A toast to dinosaurs.
3. Compulsive flower arranging.
Ugh. Michael Winner was behind some of the most mediocre films on the 70s and 80s. Nothing new here at all.
Little Murders 
1. “I really nearly trust you!”
2. He slowly shuffles to the other end of the subway car and takes a seat. AS he sits down, the man to his right pulls away slightly
3. A monument to Victor Herbert catches his eye.
3 other things.
A Bigger Splash 
1. She defiantly points out that she’s 22.
2. A detour for ricotta.
3. “Don’t scream, madam! Your voice”
By the numbers …
175: movies I watched in 2016 (25 of which I viewed in a theater)
30: pizzas we ordered from The Art of Pizza
10: mystery green statistic
Happy New Year!