Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Support libraries! twitter.com/ALALibrary/sta… 1 hour ago
- 3 things about John Huston’s THE AFRICAN QUEEN randomcha.net/2022/01/22/3-t… 6 hours ago
- 3 things about Walt Disney’s PETER PAN randomcha.net/2022/01/21/3-t… 1 day ago
- Now that Lost Lake is no more, new cocktail challenge? twitter.com/70s_party/stat… 1 day ago
- Offering support to my fellow filmmakers whose work isn't screening at S'dance, thereby ensuring that no one will g… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Guillermo del Toro’s NIGHTMARE ALLEY randomcha.net/2022/01/20/3-t… 2 days ago
- I can honestly say I wouldn't be a filmmaker today had I not seen Twin Peaks at the age of 13. twitter.com/BlackLCult/sta… 2 days ago
- Take note @DanielDKraus you're gonna have some competition ... twitter.com/BethMorrey/sta… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Anthony Powell’s ANTARCTICA: A YEAR ON ICE randomcha.net/2022/01/19/3-t… 3 days ago
- I know some writerly folks are on the lookout for a new job, and here's one you'd love! Let me know if you need mor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: new york
Gremlins 2: The New Batch  1. Jerry Goldsmith as a frozen yogurt customer. 2. Gremlin on hold. 3. “Incredible as it seems, ladies and gentlemen, after their bizarre, bloodcurdling rampage of destruction, these strange creatures now appear to be … Continue reading
Scrooged  1. Miles Davis. 2. Goosey and blubbery. 3. “I know it’s been … fifteen years, but—”
Pickup on South Street  1. “I have to go on making a living so I can die.” 2. Surreptitious microfilm at the New York Public Library. 3. The dumb waiter shaft. The black cat in the garbage room of … Continue reading
Detective Story  1. On his farm he grows lettuce, cabbage, and kale. 2. She stays behind in the records room, powdering her nose. 3. Lee Grant’s pungent Bronx accent.
Symbiopsychotaxiplasm: Take One  1. Showing the location permits to the cop. 2. He could be just offscreen, directing the whole thing. 3. His favorite is 69th.
Walking and Talking  1. “Are we going to listen to this vagina music all the way there?” 2. She shows up at her office and almost immediately sits down in the client’s chair. 3. Dwarf bowling.
Bells Are Ringing  1. Threadbare carpet. 2. No tenth symphony. 3. Her do-do-do-do-dos.
Girlfriends  1. “What’s a wrench?” 2. Rather than unpack the boxes, she balances various things on top of them. 3. Fuzzy duck.
The Hot Rock  1. Dortmunder’s good/bad monolog. Brilliant. 2. Essentially, his locksmith business is booming because NYC is falling apart. 3. Red herring reaction shots of the bank guards noticing Dortmunder.
Beneath the Planet of the Apes  1. She’s a vet. 2. Using a subway rail as a battering ram. 3. The crystal controls are very Fortress of Solitude. 3 other things.