Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- JOKER. Finally saw it. A film so bereft of originality, insight, and surprise it almost made me wish I was watching FIGHT CLUB. Almost. 4 hours ago
- After remaining ambivalent about the idea for a long time, this is what convinced me: vox.com/21424582/filib… twitter.com/SenMarkey/stat… 11 hours ago
- 3 things about Denis Villeneuve’s BLADE RUNNER 2049 randomcha.net/2020/10/26/3-t… 11 hours ago
- It's Monday morning. Will this week never end?! 18 hours ago
- Tina Yothers, Christian Slater, Donovan Freberg. (Yes, the kid from the Encyclopedia Britannica commercial.) twitter.com/dansaltzstein/… 1 day ago
- Damned tasty beer from @MetroBrewing ... pairs well with homemade chili. https://t.co/Se9AmlsubT 1 day ago
- 3 things about Roberto Rossellini’s EUROPA ’51 randomcha.net/2020/10/25/3-t… 1 day ago
- Coleman Hawkins, Today and Now. So perfect. 2 days ago
- A playlist for reading. randomcha.net/2020/10/24/a-p… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Ridley Scott’s BLADE RUNNER randomcha.net/2020/10/24/3-t… 2 days ago
Tag Archives: new york
Personal Problems  1. “It’s not that I’m unhappy, I’m just not happy.” 2. Intake interviews that mirror one another, at the beginning of the film and at the hospital. 3. Sax on the riverbank.
The Queen  1. At the draft board. “Did you tell them you were a homosexual?” “No, they told me I was a homosexual!” 2. Stunning a capella “Honey Bun.” 3. The managers of Town Hall anxious for them to … Continue reading
Moonstruck  1. Vicki Carr. 2. Kiss. “Wait a minute, wait a minute!” Kiss. 3. Sharing oatmeal in the kitchen.
Great Expectations  1. Completely nude, she stands in front of the window and looks into the building across the street at a little girl and her mother. 2. The last time we ever see her, she’s not wearing makeup. … Continue reading
The Booksellers  1. A collection of purses. 2. She wraps her arms around the set of Balzac. “These are mine!” 3. Fran Lebowitz on seeing books in the garbage: “It’s like seeing a human head.”
Rear Window  1. “Of course, they can do the same thing to me. Watch me like a bug under a glass if they want to.” 2. Engle Hand Laundry. 3. A Montrachet wine. 3 other things.
Hustlers  1. “Come into my fur.” 2. Three twenties. 3. She angrily shuts off the voice recorder; the film’s soundtrack drops out until she slams the door shut.
Can You Ever Forgive Me?  1. “Do you have a letter of authentication for the letter of authentication?” 2. Ossified cat turds under the bed. 3. Baking sheets of paper.
God Told Me To  1. Jailhouse hallway prostitute interview. 2. Cronenbergesque vaginal orifice. 3. End credit dedication to Bernard Herrmann! Often crude and confusing but exciting.
The Last Days of Disco  1. Hidden in the sub-basement. 2. “There’s something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck.” 3. “A lot of people like to say they won’t take no for an answer. I just wanted you to know … Continue reading