Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- This is just so freaking sad. twitter.com/benkenigsberg/… 7 hours ago
- RT @meganeabbott: Today's sorely needed inspo: Anjelica Huston, showing us all how to take on a dreary late-pandemic Monday Photo: Annie… 8 hours ago
- Wonderful stuff. twitter.com/Chicago_Reader… 16 hours ago
- 3 things about Alain Resnais’ LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD randomcha.net/2021/04/11/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @PostCultRev: Fans bully major studio into releasing an extended 4-hour cut of “Last Year at Marienbad” that includes never-before-seen… 1 day ago
- Watched it again last night. https://t.co/Nt9xlwNS3b 1 day ago
- RT @MissMargoPrice: Moderna, J&J and Pfizer teaming up to save the summer https://t.co/14iF2siCH7 2 days ago
- 3 things about Michael Radford’s NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR randomcha.net/2021/04/10/3-t… 2 days ago
- https://t.co/HxGgQVIvj0 3 days ago
- I watched LOST HIGHWAY three times on opening weekend. Multiplex at Michigan/Ohio. twitter.com/jburd22/status… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: apocalypse
The Midnight Sky  1. A second bowl of cereal. 2. “I just point.” 3. Wolf blur.
The World, The Flesh and the Devil  1. Model train winding through the apartment. 2. Arranging the dropcloth, he draws his arm across her throat. 3. Tied to the helm. 3 other things.
Fail-Safe  1. He slaps her and then says, “I’m not your kind.” 2. Tight shot of the back of Henry Fonda’s neck. 3. Matador. The roar of the engines, the roar of the crowd.
A Boy and His Dog  1. “Let’s get another Michael out of the warehouse. This time make sure the engineering department wipes that smile off his face.” 2. Being milked. 3. Charles McGraw in makeup.
In My Room  1. A bedside table upon which stands a sippy cup and a pair of dentures in a waterglass. 2. Ivy-covered video store. 3. Techno “Adagio for Strings.”
Threads  1. All the fingers are on fire. 2. The sound of swarms of flies coming from the cellar. 3. Britain’s population returning to medieval levels. Genuinely terrifying.
Ravagers  1. At first he’s not sure what to do with the fork. 2. Art Carney playing “Tea for Two” on a piano. 3. A bullet to the gut finishes off Ernest Borgnine.
Bird Box  1. The woman calmly sits down in the driver’s seat of the burning car. 2. He gently pries her eyes open. 3. “No one’s looking,” she announces to the children.
Testament  1. Teasingly, he plucks at her nightshirt. 2. “Larry left us today. He just crawled into a ball and died.” 3. She gently lifts him out of the sink; the water has turned brown. She swaddles him in … Continue reading
The Atomic Cafe  1. Sign: “If you wouldn’t tell Stalin, don’t say it!” 2. James Gregory (Senator Iselin from The Manchurian Candidate) as a patriotic army man warning of the dangers of enemy propaganda. 3. Recommended: an ample supply … Continue reading