Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Got to read this. A project that only Paul Auster would attempt. twitter.com/HenryHolt/stat… 4 hours ago
- Leonard Maltin as a one-man justice squad = a film I would pay to see. twitter.com/leonardmaltin/… 7 hours ago
- RT @stephens_ben: Oh my sweet summer child. https://t.co/xJGtZqUqlu 1 day ago
- 3 things about Nicolas Meyer’s STAR TREK VI: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY randomcha.net/2021/09/19/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @SooFilmFest: Our next block of films starting at 4:30pm presents the story of poet, author, and screenwriter Barry Gifford and 1950s Ch… 2 days ago
- Lounging with George + Henry + Jackie open.spotify.com/playlist/5trc5… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Ted Bogosian’s LIVE AT MISTER KELLY’S randomcha.net/2021/09/18/3-t… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Alexander Nanau’s COLLECTIVE randomcha.net/2021/09/16/3-t… 4 days ago
- RT @whitecitycinema: New Yorkers: The full @BuffaloFilmFest lineup has been announced! Of course, it’s great. Get your tix for the ROY’S WO… 4 days ago
- 3 things about John Huston’s IN THIS OUR LIFE randomcha.net/2021/09/15/3-t… 5 days ago
Tag Archives: apocalypse
The Midnight Sky  1. A second bowl of cereal. 2. “I just point.” 3. Wolf blur.
The World, The Flesh and the Devil  1. Model train winding through the apartment. 2. Arranging the dropcloth, he draws his arm across her throat. 3. Tied to the helm. 3 other things.
Fail-Safe  1. He slaps her and then says, “I’m not your kind.” 2. Tight shot of the back of Henry Fonda’s neck. 3. Matador. The roar of the engines, the roar of the crowd.
A Boy and His Dog  1. “Let’s get another Michael out of the warehouse. This time make sure the engineering department wipes that smile off his face.” 2. Being milked. 3. Charles McGraw in makeup.
In My Room  1. A bedside table upon which stands a sippy cup and a pair of dentures in a waterglass. 2. Ivy-covered video store. 3. Techno “Adagio for Strings.”
Threads  1. All the fingers are on fire. 2. The sound of swarms of flies coming from the cellar. 3. Britain’s population returning to medieval levels. Genuinely terrifying.
Ravagers  1. At first he’s not sure what to do with the fork. 2. Art Carney playing “Tea for Two” on a piano. 3. A bullet to the gut finishes off Ernest Borgnine.
Bird Box  1. The woman calmly sits down in the driver’s seat of the burning car. 2. He gently pries her eyes open. 3. “No one’s looking,” she announces to the children.
Testament  1. Teasingly, he plucks at her nightshirt. 2. “Larry left us today. He just crawled into a ball and died.” 3. She gently lifts him out of the sink; the water has turned brown. She swaddles him in … Continue reading
The Atomic Cafe  1. Sign: “If you wouldn’t tell Stalin, don’t say it!” 2. James Gregory (Senator Iselin from The Manchurian Candidate) as a patriotic army man warning of the dangers of enemy propaganda. 3. Recommended: an ample supply … Continue reading