Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @nomadicmatt: What trip did COVID put on hold for you? 8 hours ago
- RT @musicboxtheatre: This Thursday at 7pm, FIRST COW comes to the Music Box Virtual Cinema! For One Night Only, you can watch the acclaime… 8 hours ago
- There really is no balm more healing than an ice cold martini. 9 hours ago
- 3 things about David Swift’s HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING randomcha.net/2020/07/07/3-t… 17 hours ago
- RT @mmpadellan: The Electoral College is worthless and should be abolished. Raise your hand if you agree. 🖐️ 1 day ago
- 3 things about John Badham’s WARGAMES randomcha.net/2020/07/06/3-t… 1 day ago
- Man with a Harmonica. Unsurpassed, really. #RIPMorricone 1 day ago
- This holiday weekend I saw 3 films offering a composite portrait of America: WARGAMES, HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Thursday, July 9 ONLY: watch the new Kelly Reichardt film while supporting @musicboxtheatre--win/win watch.eventive.org/musicbox/play/… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kirsten Johnson’s CAMERAPERSON randomcha.net/2020/07/05/3-t… 2 days ago
Tag Archives: apocalypse
Fail-Safe  1. He slaps her and then says, “I’m not your kind.” 2. Tight shot of the back of Henry Fonda’s neck. 3. Matador. The roar of the engines, the roar of the crowd.
A Boy and His Dog  1. “Let’s get another Michael out of the warehouse. This time make sure the engineering department wipes that smile off his face.” 2. Being milked. 3. Charles McGraw in makeup.
In My Room  1. A bedside table upon which stands a sippy cup and a pair of dentures in a waterglass. 2. Ivy-covered video store. 3. Techno “Adagio for Strings.”
Threads  1. All the fingers are on fire. 2. The sound of swarms of flies coming from the cellar. 3. Britain’s population returning to medieval levels. Genuinely terrifying.
Ravagers  1. At first he’s not sure what to do with the fork. 2. Art Carney playing “Tea for Two” on a piano. 3. A bullet to the gut finishes off Ernest Borgnine.
Bird Box  1. The woman calmly sits down in the driver’s seat of the burning car. 2. He gently pries her eyes open. 3. “No one’s looking,” she announces to the children.
Testament  1. Teasingly, he plucks at her nightshirt. 2. “Larry left us today. He just crawled into a ball and died.” 3. She gently lifts him out of the sink; the water has turned brown. She swaddles him in … Continue reading
The Atomic Cafe  1. Sign: “If you wouldn’t tell Stalin, don’t say it!” 2. James Gregory (Senator Iselin from The Manchurian Candidate) as a patriotic army man warning of the dangers of enemy propaganda. 3. Recommended: an ample supply … Continue reading
High-Rise  1. The pool becomes at first a place for clothes-washing and then a corpse disposal site. 2. “The walls have ears,” she says, and then nibbles his ear. 3. A plan to colonize the lower floors. 3 other … Continue reading
The Road  1. A sediment of grime near the drain. 2. “I can’t talk about it. Not with you.” 3. A pink fire burning in the center of his chest. 3 other things.