Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Jules Dassin’s UPTIGHT randomcha.net/2021/04/17/3-t… 10 hours ago
- I am so sickened that this is going on in my amazing city. twitter.com/LoganKenny1/st… 2 days ago
- This is just so freaking sad. twitter.com/benkenigsberg/… 5 days ago
- RT @meganeabbott: Today's sorely needed inspo: Anjelica Huston, showing us all how to take on a dreary late-pandemic Monday Photo: Annie… 5 days ago
- Wonderful stuff. twitter.com/Chicago_Reader… 5 days ago
- 3 things about Alain Resnais’ LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD randomcha.net/2021/04/11/3-t… 6 days ago
- RT @PostCultRev: Fans bully major studio into releasing an extended 4-hour cut of “Last Year at Marienbad” that includes never-before-seen… 6 days ago
- Watched it again last night. https://t.co/Nt9xlwNS3b 6 days ago
- RT @MissMargoPrice: Moderna, J&J and Pfizer teaming up to save the summer https://t.co/14iF2siCH7 1 week ago
- 3 things about Michael Radford’s NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR randomcha.net/2021/04/10/3-t… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Christopher Nolan
Insomnia  1. It’s 10 PM, not 10 AM. 2. “There are two kinds of people who live in Alaska: the ones who are born here and the ones who come here to escape something else. I wasn’t born here.” … Continue reading
Tenet  1. He carefully attaches one of his cufflinks to a notch on his belt. 2. “Our mission is to fail to defuse the bomb.” 3. The bottom half of the building restores itself just before the top half … Continue reading
Dunkirk  1. His expression as he decides how he will answer the soldier’s question. 2. “No no, I’m fairly confident it’s just the gauge.” 3. Futility of plugging the holes.
Inception  1. A Francis Bacon painting. 2. “You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.” 3. He politely refuses a towel. 3 other things.
Interstellar  1. “The last people to starve will be the first to suffocate.” 2. Video message color shift. 3. Massive rotating bands of distortion. 3 other things.
The Dark Knight  1. Cameo by Gene & Georgetti. 2. His face bisected by gauze. 3. Right side up becomes upside down. 3 other things.
Interstellar  1. “Repopulate the planet. Start pulling your weight, old man.” 2. A tear rolls down his cheek. It hits the plastic tubing on his face, disappears. 3. “It’s too clean.” 3 other things.
Interstellar  1. A dishtowel on top of the water pitcher to keep out the dust. 2. Plastic sheeting, warm liquid bath, wet t-shirt, snorty embrace. 3. Infinite bands of multicolors: Bruce Conner meets Donald Judd.
The Prestige  1. A panel in the tabletop slides open, revealing the flattened cage and squashed bird. 2. Hugh Jackman, doing an American accent, seated across from Andy Serkis, doing a New York accent. 3. As he dies, he … Continue reading
The Dark Knight Rises  1. Will Marion Cotillard ever play a sympathetic character again? (Rhetorical question.) 2. Everyone on Wall Street dresses like they’re in Wall Street. (Sorry–Gotham Stock Exchange.) 3. She lovingly caresses his face mask vents.