Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Lew Landers’ THE RAVEN randomcha.net/2021/10/23/3-t… 17 hours ago
- A literal manifestation of hell. twitter.com/OfficialALW/st… 18 hours ago
- BREAKING: Bunuel's THE EXTERMINATING ANGEL still rocks. The scene blocking alone is astonishing. And it's so uncomf… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Our Chicago Premiere! November 13 at the Music Box Theatre. randomcha.net/2021/10/21/our… 2 days ago
- Can't believe I finally get to share our beautiful film with the good people of Chicago. And Mr. Barry Gifford will… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Erle C. Kenton’s ISLAND OF LOST SOULS randomcha.net/2021/10/20/3-t… 3 days ago
- WANT TO LIVE HERE. productiondesignerscollective.org/single-post/20… twitter.com/juliacmarchese… https://t.co/xipwr9k7fT 3 days ago
- Tomorrow I will make an announcement that is literally NINETEEN MONTHS in the making. Stay tuned. 3 days ago
- ISLAND OF LOST SOULS is pretty dammed grisly, even by today's standards. 4 days ago
- 3 things about Hirokazu Kore-eda’s AFTER LIFE randomcha.net/2021/10/19/3-t… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: Christopher Nolan
Insomnia  1. It’s 10 PM, not 10 AM. 2. “There are two kinds of people who live in Alaska: the ones who are born here and the ones who come here to escape something else. I wasn’t born here.” … Continue reading
Tenet  1. He carefully attaches one of his cufflinks to a notch on his belt. 2. “Our mission is to fail to defuse the bomb.” 3. The bottom half of the building restores itself just before the top half … Continue reading
Dunkirk  1. His expression as he decides how he will answer the soldier’s question. 2. “No no, I’m fairly confident it’s just the gauge.” 3. Futility of plugging the holes.
Inception  1. A Francis Bacon painting. 2. “You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.” 3. He politely refuses a towel. 3 other things.
Interstellar  1. “The last people to starve will be the first to suffocate.” 2. Video message color shift. 3. Massive rotating bands of distortion. 3 other things.
The Dark Knight  1. Cameo by Gene & Georgetti. 2. His face bisected by gauze. 3. Right side up becomes upside down. 3 other things.
Interstellar  1. “Repopulate the planet. Start pulling your weight, old man.” 2. A tear rolls down his cheek. It hits the plastic tubing on his face, disappears. 3. “It’s too clean.” 3 other things.
Interstellar  1. A dishtowel on top of the water pitcher to keep out the dust. 2. Plastic sheeting, warm liquid bath, wet t-shirt, snorty embrace. 3. Infinite bands of multicolors: Bruce Conner meets Donald Judd.
The Prestige  1. A panel in the tabletop slides open, revealing the flattened cage and squashed bird. 2. Hugh Jackman, doing an American accent, seated across from Andy Serkis, doing a New York accent. 3. As he dies, he … Continue reading
The Dark Knight Rises  1. Will Marion Cotillard ever play a sympathetic character again? (Rhetorical question.) 2. Everyone on Wall Street dresses like they’re in Wall Street. (Sorry–Gotham Stock Exchange.) 3. She lovingly caresses his face mask vents.