Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 1st piece of exciting news for the week: On September 18 @RoysWorldFilm will screen at #SFDocFest! Followed by a li… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 25 minutes ago
- 3 things about Michael Winterbottom’s THE TRIP TO GREECE randomcha.net/2020/08/02/3-t… 23 hours ago
- So fun. twitter.com/JFrankensteine… 23 hours ago
- So freaking excited!!! twitter.com/Karaszewski/st… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Andrea Arnold’s RED ROAD randomcha.net/2020/08/01/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @CitizenScreen: Happy #NationalGirlfriendsDay https://t.co/2fiqrpKPDa 2 days ago
- 3 things about Paul Thomas Anderson’s PHANTOM THREAD randomcha.net/2020/07/31/3-t… 2 days ago
- RT @josesolismayen: If you are a BIPOC theatre critic anywhere in the US interested in joining the national organization I’m launching, DM… 2 days ago
- This will improve your mood: open.spotify.com/album/4Yicxe4W… 3 days ago
- I needed that. https://t.co/lNRDTRPRmS 3 days ago
Tag Archives: Christopher Nolan
Dunkirk  1. His expression as he decides how he will answer the soldier’s question. 2. “No no, I’m fairly confident it’s just the gauge.” 3. Futility of plugging the holes.
Inception  1. A Francis Bacon painting. 2. “You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.” 3. He politely refuses a towel. 3 other things.
Interstellar  1. “The last people to starve will be the first to suffocate.” 2. Video message color shift. 3. Massive rotating bands of distortion. 3 other things.
The Dark Knight  1. Cameo by Gene & Georgetti. 2. His face bisected by gauze. 3. Right side up becomes upside down. 3 other things.
Interstellar  1. “Repopulate the planet. Start pulling your weight, old man.” 2. A tear rolls down his cheek. It hits the plastic tubing on his face, disappears. 3. “It’s too clean.” 3 other things.
Interstellar  1. A dishtowel on top of the water pitcher to keep out the dust. 2. Plastic sheeting, warm liquid bath, wet t-shirt, snorty embrace. 3. Infinite bands of multicolors: Bruce Conner meets Donald Judd.
The Prestige  1. A panel in the tabletop slides open, revealing the flattened cage and squashed bird. 2. Hugh Jackman, doing an American accent, seated across from Andy Serkis, doing a New York accent. 3. As he dies, he … Continue reading
The Dark Knight Rises  1. Will Marion Cotillard ever play a sympathetic character again? (Rhetorical question.) 2. Everyone on Wall Street dresses like they’re in Wall Street. (Sorry–Gotham Stock Exchange.) 3. She lovingly caresses his face mask vents.
Batman Begins  1. The Chicago Board of Trade = Wayne Tower. 2. “Keep them happy until I arrive. Tell them that joke you know.” 3. Gordon’s monologue on escalation–an in-joke about the rule of sequels? Then he shows Batman … Continue reading
Inception  1. “It was worth a shot.” 2. Hunched over the table, eating from a bowl of brown rice. 3. The vault looks a lot like a holodeck. 3 other things.