Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about John Huston’s THE MISFITS randomcha.net/2022/07/05/3-t… 15 hours ago
- I sure wish I could be there! Could you go in my stead and let me know what you think? twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Kiyoshi Kurosawa’s PULSE randomcha.net/2022/07/04/3-t… 1 day ago
- Happy Independence Day! twitter.com/backwards_rive… 1 day ago
- 3 things about David Cronenberg’s CRIMES OF THE FUTURE randomcha.net/2022/07/03/3-t… 2 days ago
- Possibly my favorite moment in the new Cronenberg? "Careful. Don't spill." 2 days ago
- I can never unsee this picture. twitter.com/Trendane/statu… 2 days ago
- Celebrating the long summer weekend by finally watching CRIMES OF THE FUTURE at @musicboxtheatre. Need some feel good entertainment. 3 days ago
- Time to finally watch PULSE. 4 days ago
- 3 things about Leo Hurwitz’s STRANGE VICTORY randomcha.net/2022/06/30/3-t… 5 days ago
Tag Archives: japan
Pulse  1. She instructs him on how to bookmark a webpage and how to “print screen.” 2. Glitch loop: man crossing a threshold. 3. Following the rollaway gas cap.
Osaka Elegy  1. “Have you forgotten that you’re the owner, at least in name, of Asai Pharmaceuticals? Yet you’re still the servile little toad you always were.” 2. Elaborate tracking shot upon entering Suminoe Suites. 3. I like to … Continue reading
Drive My Car  1. The design of the atrium preserves a direct line to the sea. 2. “You don’t need to be better.” 3. Mellow jazz bar with a turntable.
Wheel of Fortune and Fantasy  1. “I feel like a defective product.” 2. Blu-ray; VOD is no longer viable. 3. “My own stupidity makes me want to cry.”
Hara-Kiri  1. Flexing the swords to prove what they’re made of. 2. Tracking shot of wind moving through the grass. 3. Literally, an empty suit.
Taboo  1. Obscure reasons for not cutting off his locks. 2. Chopping down the tree in a single stroke. 3. “I’m more inclined to incline towards those who are inclined.”
Take Aim at the Police Van  1. Burma Shave-style road signs warning of danger. 2. Group of teens hanging around the jukebox. 3. He replies that he prefers Japanese mystery novels.
Intimidation  1. Beginning and ending with a train. 2. He slips on clear plastic galoshes. 3. Multiple receipts for counterfeit seals.
Destroy All Monsters  1. “We will either be heroes or in body bags within the hour.” 2. Slithering back into solid rock form. 3. Mothra’s rather ineffective web.
Onibaba  1. Heap of skeletons. 2. Grains of rice stuck to his lips. 3. A trickle of blood. The mask splits lengthwise.