Enter ROY’S WORLD
July 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Price gouging amidst a pandemic, enabled by this fucking administration. Screw them all. twitter.com/theintercept/s… 7 hours ago
- RT @AshcanPress: I have a Carl Reiner story that I hold very dear to me. I figured I'd share it today, on the day of his passing, because I… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Rainer Werner Fassbinder’s IN A YEAR WITH 13 MOONS randomcha.net/2020/06/30/3-t… 1 day ago
- Amidst a crappy day, here's a genuine ray of joy. twitter.com/MetroBrewing/s… 1 day ago
- Sigh. From the owner of my local indie used bookstore. These are the kinds of wrenching decisions a lot of folks ar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- So fucking pathetic and dangerous. twitter.com/FlicklundTweet… 1 day ago
- I am so on board with this film (or any Ozon film TBH). twitter.com/francois_ozon/… 2 days ago
- Cruel and unusual punishment. twitter.com/coopercooperco… 3 days ago
- 3 things about James Gray’s AD ASTRA randomcha.net/2020/06/28/3-t… 3 days ago
- RT @larwoolf: “Hope for the Best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.” Happy birthday 94th birthday ! #MelBrooks https://t… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: Westerns
3:10 to Yuma  1. A stick in the corner to prop open the window. 2. Bouncing off a roof on the way to the ground. 3. No one else seems to hear the thunder.
“Doc”  1. Born into the line. 2. Crude BBQ brush. 3. “I guess he reminded me of too many things.”
Brokeback Mountain  1. Quick spit. 2. Price tag. 3. White farmhouse interior.
Winchester ’73  1. “Are we going to quarrel?” he asks wearily. 2. Time for a quick cup of coffee before the attack. 3. Rock Hudson as an Indian chief, Tony Curtis as a cavalry soldier!
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs  1. “First time?” 2. “Goodnight, Mister Pocket.” 3. The variety of facial expressions caused by his breath.
Silverado  1. Walking his horse while reading a paperback. 2. “Today, my jurisdiction ends here.” 3. A look comes over her face. A hint of a smile.
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers  1. Sorrel as a wedding bouquet. 2. Board dance-off. 3. Everyone claims the child; everyone has to get married.
McCabe & Mrs. Miller  1. “I counted ’em, there’s 52.” 2. The only time we ever really see her smile. 3. For me, what makes the finale so haunting is that there are no witnesses.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly  1. The stretcher becomes a raft for the box of explosives. 2. “When you have to shoot, shoot. Don’t talk.” 3. A wide circle of stones, like an arena.
A Fistful of Dollars  1. “My mistake, four coffins.” 2. Bloodless machine gun massacre. 3. Giant barrel smash.