Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @billmckibben: Working through Facebook, the Trump campaign in 2016 set out to deter 3.5 million Black Americans from voting. This is ug… 7 hours ago
- RT @marclamonthill: RT if you pay more in taxes than President Trump. 1 day ago
- A huge fraud, as we've always known. 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ranald MacDougall’s THE WORLD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL randomcha.net/2020/09/27/3-t… 1 day ago
- Be honest: how much of this music have your heard in contemporary documentaries? It needs to end! youtu.be/AIxY_Y9TGWI 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ray Enright and Busby Berkeley’s DAMES randomcha.net/2020/09/26/3-t… 2 days ago
- Two nights ago I had a dream and in that dream I mixed up a cocktail, this exact recipe, and I tried it out last ni… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- THE WORLD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL is a film we ought to talk about more often. 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kogonada’s COLUMBUS randomcha.net/2020/09/24/3-t… 4 days ago
- RT @BurtonDiaries: 24 Sep 66 A little Monty Clift cult has started since his death. It would have been more useful when he was alive. He co… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: Westerns
Day of the Outlaw  1. Grisly bullet removal. 2. He doesn’t want to dance. He holds her by the shoulders and says, “I want to look at you.” 3. “I’m not doing anything special. Just taking some bad men … Continue reading
Duck You Sucker  1. “Where there’s revolution there’s confusion, and when there’s confusion, a man who knows what he wants stands a good chance of getting it.” 2. His eyes complete the torn poster. 3. Incredible mobile shot detailing … Continue reading
3:10 to Yuma  1. A stick in the corner to prop open the window. 2. Bouncing off a roof on the way to the ground. 3. No one else seems to hear the thunder.
“Doc”  1. Born into the line. 2. Crude BBQ brush. 3. “I guess he reminded me of too many things.”
Brokeback Mountain  1. Quick spit. 2. Price tag. 3. White farmhouse interior.
Winchester ’73  1. “Are we going to quarrel?” he asks wearily. 2. Time for a quick cup of coffee before the attack. 3. Rock Hudson as an Indian chief, Tony Curtis as a cavalry soldier!
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs  1. “First time?” 2. “Goodnight, Mister Pocket.” 3. The variety of facial expressions caused by his breath.
Silverado  1. Walking his horse while reading a paperback. 2. “Today, my jurisdiction ends here.” 3. A look comes over her face. A hint of a smile.
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers  1. Sorrel as a wedding bouquet. 2. Board dance-off. 3. Everyone claims the child; everyone has to get married.
McCabe & Mrs. Miller  1. “I counted ’em, there’s 52.” 2. The only time we ever really see her smile. 3. For me, what makes the finale so haunting is that there are no witnesses.