Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Kogonada’s COLUMBUS randomcha.net/2020/09/24/3-t… 18 hours ago
- RT @BurtonDiaries: 24 Sep 66 A little Monty Clift cult has started since his death. It would have been more useful when he was alive. He co… 19 hours ago
- Isabel Wilkerson's new book CASTE lays it all out, crystal clear. Read it. 20 hours ago
- Last night I watched @kogonada's COLUMBUS and honestly I am hard pressed to find any flaws in it. Proves that a fil… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Tune in! It's free and it'll be fun! twitter.com/CityLightsBook… 2 days ago
- One big thing: #DeleteFacebook. That's what I'm doing October 1. Good riddance to bad rubbish. twitter.com/Recode/status/… 2 days ago
- Wow can I relate. "Buyers have...acquired few of 2020's best indie documentaries. I know this because I have friend… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Alfred Hitchcock’s PSYCHO randomcha.net/2020/09/21/3-t… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Charlie Kaufman’s I’M THINKING OF ENDING THINGS randomcha.net/2020/09/21/3-t… 3 days ago
- RT @rmayemsinger: Relax. Amy Comey Barrett is only one of three women Trump is considering to fill RGB's SCOTUS seat. https://t.co/fDUDN8R2… 3 days ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Columbus  1. Waitress interrupting their vulnerable moment. 2. His hat in the chair and then his hat missing from the chair. 3. Sad Culkin eyes.
Psycho  1. Dusty hotel binds. 2. Towel under the mop in the bucket. 3. “It isn’t gelling.” 3 other things.
I’m Thinking of Ending Things  1. He follows the animated pig down the hallways of the high school. 2. 70s waitress uniform; the washing machine is filled with the polo shirts of a maintenance uniform. 3. Gena Rowland analysis.
On Dangerous Ground  1. Peas, and the way they cook vegetables. 2. Jimmy Conlin as a pharmacist. 3. He finally takes the trouble to notice he was just a boy. 3 other things.
Truth or Consequences  1. Tiger bite on the lip. 2. She gets a kick out of making announcements. 3. Fruitless visit by the Building Inspector.
Tenet  1. He carefully attaches one of his cufflinks to a notch on his belt. 2. “Our mission is to fail to defuse the bomb.” 3. The bottom half of the building restores itself just before the top half … Continue reading
The Great Muppet Caper  1. A jar of Carlsford jelly. 2. The glass slipper business. 3. “It’s plot exposition, it has to go somewhere!” 3 other things.
Lawyer Man  1. Dipping breadsticks in wine. 2. “Say, what’s the matter with these clothes? Aren’t they all right?” “Sure. They’ve been all right since the armistice.” 3. Sterling Holloway in a tiny role.
Sans Soleil  1. An image of ultimate happiness separated from the rest of the film by a black screen. 2. January 15: Coming of Age Day. 3. Cape Verde described as the “staging ground” for the colonial power. 3 … Continue reading
I had the pleasure of speaking with Chandler Bennett at KALX 90.7FM Berkeley about the film. Check it out below! Reminder: Roy’s World screens Friday, September 18 at SF DocFest! (This presentation is geoblocked and may only be viewed in … Continue reading