Enter ROY’S WORLD
July 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Price gouging amidst a pandemic, enabled by this fucking administration. Screw them all. twitter.com/theintercept/s… 7 hours ago
- RT @AshcanPress: I have a Carl Reiner story that I hold very dear to me. I figured I'd share it today, on the day of his passing, because I… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Rainer Werner Fassbinder’s IN A YEAR WITH 13 MOONS randomcha.net/2020/06/30/3-t… 1 day ago
- Amidst a crappy day, here's a genuine ray of joy. twitter.com/MetroBrewing/s… 1 day ago
- Sigh. From the owner of my local indie used bookstore. These are the kinds of wrenching decisions a lot of folks ar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- So fucking pathetic and dangerous. twitter.com/FlicklundTweet… 1 day ago
- I am so on board with this film (or any Ozon film TBH). twitter.com/francois_ozon/… 2 days ago
- Cruel and unusual punishment. twitter.com/coopercooperco… 3 days ago
- 3 things about James Gray’s AD ASTRA randomcha.net/2020/06/28/3-t… 3 days ago
- RT @larwoolf: “Hope for the Best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.” Happy birthday 94th birthday ! #MelBrooks https://t… 3 days ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
In a Year with 13 Moons  1. A beer and a shot of bitters. 2. The A1 password is Bergen-Belsen. 3. Spitting three times over her left shoulder.
Ad Astra  1. Freaking out in the Comfort Room. 2. Wispy purple rings. 3. Okay, I can buy someone resorting to hand-to-hand combat with a knife. But no professional astronaut would fire a gun at someone from long range … Continue reading
The Sacrifice  1. The candles, the plates, the wine. 2. A coin falls out of his pocket and rolls along the hardwood floor. 3. Finally, a collapse.
Le Boucher  1. Serene yoga. 2. “I would say nothing. But please don’t.” 3. Expressionlessly she watches the flashing red elevator signal.
The Boy with Green Hair  1. Passed around from household to household. 2. Cro-Magnon emo: a tear on his cheek, half shaved head, tufts of his shorn green hair. 3. “Remember us as having died with millions of other … Continue reading
You Don’t Nomi  1. Twin totems of chips and nails. 2. “I’m so excited! I’m so excited! I’m so–scared.” 3. Gina Gershon played it like a drag queen.
Showgirls  1. Porpoise orgasm. 2. “I have a pussy problem.” 3. Last chance for ice. Utter garbage that accurately conveys what it’s like to spend an extended period of time in Las Vegas.
The Man Who Knew Too Much  1. Closeup of Jimmy Stewart, his bloodshot blue eyes. 2. The shop assistants hastily move the animals out of harm’s way. 3. The dignitaries bristle at her shrill voice. 3 other things.
The Trouble with Harry  1. “She’s a well-preserved woman … and preserves have to be opened someday.” 2. Autonomous closet door. 3. She hates cider.
Many thanks to Philip Raby (creative director of FilmBath Festival) for moderating the Q & A and the whole staff of the Cheltenham International Film Festival for making this happen. (Just a reminder that UK viewers may still purchase a … Continue reading