Enter ROY’S WORLD
Join 1,073 other followers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- nicholas ray
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- As a documentary filmmaker, this is disturbing for all sorts of reasons. If we won't allow filmmakers to harness th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- 3 things about Sam Wood’s WHIPSAW randomcha.net/2022/09/24/3-t… 22 hours ago
- RT @jim_laczkowski: Smile (2022) https://t.co/C6m2whCbPA 23 hours ago
- Now that it's autumn I am reupping this! twitter.com/randomcha/stat… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Nicholas Ray’s REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE randomcha.net/2022/09/23/3-t… 1 day ago
- #NowPlaying "Blue And Sentimental" by Ike Quebec on @TIDAL tidal.com/browse/track/7… 1 day ago
- Las Piñatas, in Old Town. Sigh. Those chips, that salsa. Enchiladas Norteno. Damn good margaritas. twitter.com/TimeOutChicago… 3 days ago
- Oh my god. Just, no. If you think the original ain't gay enough, there's no helping you. twitter.com/Variety/status… 3 days ago
- Please join me! Will have to grab a bite at Daley's beforehand. twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 3 days ago
- Why not just rewatch INSIGNIFANCE if you're interested in an incisive examination of how fame corrupts the soul? 4 days ago
Tag Archives: silent film
Piccadilly  1. Neon sign for Gordon’s Gin: THE HEART OF A GOOD COCKTAIL. 2. The knowing look on her face as Mabel leaves the office. 3. With inebriated slowness, he butters the bread and then devours it.
The First Degree  1. The moustache signifies his evil. 2. “We need husky young fellows like you.” 3. Lightning flashes and rain streaming through the broken window during the struggle.
The Thief of Bagdad  1. Trap door leopard. 2. “You shall bring joy to the wedding party by being boiled in oil.” 3. Invisible tornado.
The Golem  1. Ecstatic figures on a platform flanked by glowing candelabra. 2. An epic manifestation displayed for the amusement of the royal company. They all laugh. 3. Aryan children sitting on top of the deactivated Golem.
The Freshman  1. Crossword puzzle. 2. Taking back the $10. 3. Replacement sweater.
Sherlock Holmes  1. “An ill-suited watchdog.” Moriarty’s henchman has a bulldog. 2. A dissolve to a slightly tighter shot and then a dissolve back to the wider angle. Would a straight cut have been considered too disorienting at the … Continue reading
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari  1. Cesar is 23. 2. Branches and leaves like scythes. 3. “Now I know exactly how to cure him.”
For Heaven’s Sake  1. He uses the cigarette lighter from the wrecked car and then strolls away. 2. “When I get through with that Uptown dude, you can put a lily in his hand and close the lid!” 3. … Continue reading
The Crowd  1. Upon entering the room he is immediately accosted by a flapper. 2. Several decades before Psycho, an onscreen toilet. 3. Everyone and everything is making too much noise.
The Artist  1. Over time, his mustache morphs from pencil-thin to brushlike. 2. “BANG!” 3. Malcolm McDowell’s ruddy nose (even in black & white).