Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Jules Dassin’s UPTIGHT randomcha.net/2021/04/17/3-t… 10 hours ago
- I am so sickened that this is going on in my amazing city. twitter.com/LoganKenny1/st… 2 days ago
- This is just so freaking sad. twitter.com/benkenigsberg/… 5 days ago
- RT @meganeabbott: Today's sorely needed inspo: Anjelica Huston, showing us all how to take on a dreary late-pandemic Monday Photo: Annie… 5 days ago
- Wonderful stuff. twitter.com/Chicago_Reader… 5 days ago
- 3 things about Alain Resnais’ LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD randomcha.net/2021/04/11/3-t… 6 days ago
- RT @PostCultRev: Fans bully major studio into releasing an extended 4-hour cut of “Last Year at Marienbad” that includes never-before-seen… 6 days ago
- Watched it again last night. https://t.co/Nt9xlwNS3b 6 days ago
- RT @MissMargoPrice: Moderna, J&J and Pfizer teaming up to save the summer https://t.co/14iF2siCH7 1 week ago
- 3 things about Michael Radford’s NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR randomcha.net/2021/04/10/3-t… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: music
In a virtual ceremony (coincidentally, held exactly one year to the day after the film had its World Premiere at the Glasgow Film Festival) my documentary Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago was awarded Best Illinois Feature at the 2021 Beloit … Continue reading
Only two more days! If you’re reading this from Wisconsin or Illinois, you can watch the film as part of the Beloit International Film Festival—through February 28!
If you’re reading this from Wisconsin or Illinois, you can watch the film as part of the Beloit International Film Festival—now through February 28! And as part of the festival, Jason Adasiewicz (who composed the score and performs on the … Continue reading
Not necessarily released in 2020, these were nevertheless some of the songs I listened to all year long: a personal time capsule of the past twelve months. Enjoy!
I created a Spotify playlist for Barry Gifford’s Roy stories, filled with many tunes he references directly in the stories as well as others from the period that vibe well with his words. Check it out!
David Byrne’s American Utopia  1. Tracing the longitudinal fissure with his index finger. 2. Pant leg dance moves. 3. Congratulating an audience member on his age.
Contemporary Color  1. Nighttime. Practicing in the middle of the street. 2. Catching the flag by the silk. 3. Writing the song in a day, recording the song in a day; crafting the routine in 26 weeks.
War Requiem  1. The futility of digging trenches in mud. 2. Helmet sprouting grass. 3. The soldiers form a tableau.
Hard to believe that it’s been more than 3 years since a group of amazing musicians met up at Electrical Audio in Chicago to lay down some music for the soundtrack of Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago. Hope this streaming … Continue reading
Don’t Think I’ve Forgotten: Cambodia’s Lost Rock & Roll  1. When two elephants fight, it’s the grass that gets trampled. 2. One week later he was dead. 3. Emulating The Shadows. An excellent portrait of creativity’s resilience. Really nourishing. … Continue reading