Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @billmckibben: Working through Facebook, the Trump campaign in 2016 set out to deter 3.5 million Black Americans from voting. This is ug… 8 hours ago
- RT @marclamonthill: RT if you pay more in taxes than President Trump. 1 day ago
- A huge fraud, as we've always known. 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ranald MacDougall’s THE WORLD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL randomcha.net/2020/09/27/3-t… 1 day ago
- Be honest: how much of this music have your heard in contemporary documentaries? It needs to end! youtu.be/AIxY_Y9TGWI 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ray Enright and Busby Berkeley’s DAMES randomcha.net/2020/09/26/3-t… 2 days ago
- Two nights ago I had a dream and in that dream I mixed up a cocktail, this exact recipe, and I tried it out last ni… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- THE WORLD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL is a film we ought to talk about more often. 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kogonada’s COLUMBUS randomcha.net/2020/09/24/3-t… 4 days ago
- RT @BurtonDiaries: 24 Sep 66 A little Monty Clift cult has started since his death. It would have been more useful when he was alive. He co… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: sci fi
The World, The Flesh and the Devil  1. Model train winding through the apartment. 2. Arranging the dropcloth, he draws his arm across her throat. 3. Tied to the helm. 3 other things.
D.A.R.Y.L.  1. Mom hair, mom shorts, doing mom things in the kitchen. 2. On the computer monitor: “I’m scared.” 3. Pole Position for real.
Attack the Block  1. Ron’s weed room. 2. “Rest in Peace, doggie.” 3. Hanging off the balcony from a Union Jack.
Ad Astra  1. Freaking out in the Comfort Room. 2. Wispy purple rings. 3. Okay, I can buy someone resorting to hand-to-hand combat with a knife. But no professional astronaut would fire a gun at someone from long range … Continue reading
Night of the Comet  1. “Reggie, I’m not giving you $15 for making it with me.” 2. Carsick without her bunny. 3. Throwing all the guns away. 3 other things.
Dark Star  1. Sneakers so worn down they almost have holes. 2. The knife game from Alien. 3. Riding the waves one last time.
Phase IV  1. Triple flesh-tunnels. 2. Combating yellow with adaptation to yellow. 3. Rows of holes, from which dirt is pouring. 3 other things.
The Andromeda Strain  1. A sliver of paper between the clapper and the bell. 2. Mass human casualties, a variety of dying animals, and a naked lady in a G-rated movie. 3. Green lasers. 3 other things.
The Satan Bug  1. Opening: we transition from veins in a human body to an aerial view of a desert road. 2. Eager beavers trapped in a bootleg kerosene lair. 3. Lonely flask on the edge of the seat. … Continue reading
The Long Walk  1. Regardless of specific events, the outcome is always a smashed pane of glass. 2. They need a tractor. The NGO instead installs solar panels. 3. Foil-and=plastic packets of dehydrated noodles. Something special.