Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @nomadicmatt: What trip did COVID put on hold for you? 7 hours ago
- RT @musicboxtheatre: This Thursday at 7pm, FIRST COW comes to the Music Box Virtual Cinema! For One Night Only, you can watch the acclaime… 7 hours ago
- There really is no balm more healing than an ice cold martini. 8 hours ago
- 3 things about David Swift’s HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING randomcha.net/2020/07/07/3-t… 16 hours ago
- RT @mmpadellan: The Electoral College is worthless and should be abolished. Raise your hand if you agree. 🖐️ 1 day ago
- 3 things about John Badham’s WARGAMES randomcha.net/2020/07/06/3-t… 1 day ago
- Man with a Harmonica. Unsurpassed, really. #RIPMorricone 1 day ago
- This holiday weekend I saw 3 films offering a composite portrait of America: WARGAMES, HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Thursday, July 9 ONLY: watch the new Kelly Reichardt film while supporting @musicboxtheatre--win/win watch.eventive.org/musicbox/play/… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kirsten Johnson’s CAMERAPERSON randomcha.net/2020/07/05/3-t… 2 days ago
Tag Archives: sci fi
Ad Astra  1. Freaking out in the Comfort Room. 2. Wispy purple rings. 3. Okay, I can buy someone resorting to hand-to-hand combat with a knife. But no professional astronaut would fire a gun at someone from long range … Continue reading
Night of the Comet  1. “Reggie, I’m not giving you $15 for making it with me.” 2. Carsick without her bunny. 3. Throwing all the guns away. 3 other things.
Dark Star  1. Sneakers so worn down they almost have holes. 2. The knife game from Alien. 3. Riding the waves one last time.
Phase IV  1. Triple flesh-tunnels. 2. Combating yellow with adaptation to yellow. 3. Rows of holes, from which dirt is pouring. 3 other things.
The Andromeda Strain  1. A sliver of paper between the clapper and the bell. 2. Mass human casualties, a variety of dying animals, and a naked lady in a G-rated movie. 3. Green lasers. 3 other things.
The Satan Bug  1. Opening: we transition from veins in a human body to an aerial view of a desert road. 2. Eager beavers trapped in a bootleg kerosene lair. 3. Lonely flask on the edge of the seat. … Continue reading
The Long Walk  1. Regardless of specific events, the outcome is always a smashed pane of glass. 2. They need a tractor. The NGO instead installs solar panels. 3. Foil-and=plastic packets of dehydrated noodles. Something special.
Total Recall  1. Copious cereal spillage. 2. “Get your ass on Mars.” 3. Bugeyes.
RoboCop  1. Leeza Gibbons! Along with three Twin Peaks cast members. 2. Baby food jars. 3. Video real estate agent.
Pacific Rim  1. Chasing rabbits. 2. “You like the name? I took it from my favorite historical character and my second-favorite Szechuan restaurant in Brooklyn.” 3. A stockpile of crisply folded dress shirts.