Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Friday night with Tavernier. 2 hours ago
- Sweet burn. Watch it. twitter.com/atrupar/status… 3 hours ago
- The most heart-stopping line break you'll see today (from @Suntimes home page). https://t.co/auxKuIdqrJ 7 hours ago
- RT @jimsciutto: Dems seem to have outplayed GOP on the Covid delay. After the all-night reading, @ChrisVanHollen simply got up, proposed sh… 8 hours ago
- ROY’S WORLD wins Best Illinois Feature! randomcha.net/2021/03/04/roy… 1 day ago
- Another absurdly cool album from Numero Group. If only they released original music! Hard to think of a better home… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Leadership. As in, this is what it looks like. twitter.com/POTUS/status/1… 3 days ago
- 5 years ago I started making this weird thing that I still can't properly describe and now ... !!! https://t.co/AvdOH2La29 3 days ago
- This. THIS THIS THIS. It includes my mother, my brother, and plenty of other people who ought to know better but in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Jack Arnold’s THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN randomcha.net/2021/03/01/3-t… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: Disney
A Wrinkle in Time  1. Glitter lips. 2. “It’s just a physics thing. The classic slingshot maneuver.” 3. It’s not food, it’s sand.
Sleeping Beauty  1. Many, many gargoyles. 2. “Father, you’re living in the past. This is the 14th Century!” 3. Boulders into bubbles. 3 other things.
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad  1. A flock of paper airplanes. 2. He sticks his nose inside a book on which nothing is printed. 3. Scary tree with firefly eyes.
Fun and Fancy Free  1. Yawning trees. 2. A sliver of bean between two tissue-thin slices of bread. 3. He helps himself to the Brown Derby.
Escape to With Mountain  1. There’s something touching about the fact that despite being hotly pursued by an evil millionaire and his minions, Mr. O’Day takes the time on multiple occasions to make sure the children get a hot … Continue reading
Make Mine Music  1. Green drip becomes a weeping willow. 2. Fingers turn into dancing ladies. 3. Orchestra in raincoats.
Quick-cutting used to be a tool used by clever low budget filmmakers to help disguise the absence of expensive production design and special effects. And it worked. But now, paradoxically, it’s used even more often by big budget filmmakers; and … Continue reading
John Carter  1. Cracking the ice to water the horses. 2. Several instances: pointlessly cutting from a medium shot to a wide angle shot, briefly, and then back to a medium shot. 3. He emerges from the body cavity … Continue reading
The Three Caballeros  1. “When they’re beak-to-beak, they can’t get cheek-to-cheek.” 2. Magenta Baia. 3. Calliope cacti.
Saludos Amigos  1. Frolicking cows on the map of Argentina. 2. Perpetual motion below the equator. 3. Flamingo samba.