Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Support libraries! twitter.com/ALALibrary/sta… 1 hour ago
- 3 things about John Huston’s THE AFRICAN QUEEN randomcha.net/2022/01/22/3-t… 6 hours ago
- 3 things about Walt Disney’s PETER PAN randomcha.net/2022/01/21/3-t… 1 day ago
- Now that Lost Lake is no more, new cocktail challenge? twitter.com/70s_party/stat… 1 day ago
- Offering support to my fellow filmmakers whose work isn't screening at S'dance, thereby ensuring that no one will g… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Guillermo del Toro’s NIGHTMARE ALLEY randomcha.net/2022/01/20/3-t… 2 days ago
- I can honestly say I wouldn't be a filmmaker today had I not seen Twin Peaks at the age of 13. twitter.com/BlackLCult/sta… 2 days ago
- Take note @DanielDKraus you're gonna have some competition ... twitter.com/BethMorrey/sta… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Anthony Powell’s ANTARCTICA: A YEAR ON ICE randomcha.net/2022/01/19/3-t… 3 days ago
- I know some writerly folks are on the lookout for a new job, and here's one you'd love! Let me know if you need mor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: Halloween
Three Cases of Murder  1. Moving into the painting. Closer to the house. The door swings open. 2. Without asking, he plucks a carnation from the bouquet for his buttonhole. 3. “Brilliant, but insufferable.”
The Shape of Water  1. He wants to add an extra S to GRAS. 2. “I think it’s some of my best work.” 3. Fingers bouncing across the carpet. 3 other things.
The Conjuring  1. On the piano, the same three notes. 2. The intake interview is conducted on November 1, All Hallows’ Day. 3. “She’s already gone. And now you’re all going to die.” The look on her face.
Séance on a Wet Afternoon  1. The group gradually disbands, each member leaving the house without speaking to one another. 2. A crock labelled RAISINS in the kitchen. 3. “Did I do it well?” Echoes of how Sunset Blvd. … Continue reading
The Amusement Park  1. “There’s nothing out there.” 2. Kind words while pickpocketing. 3. Chicken in the foreground.
The Amityville Horror  1. What’s with the blueprint he retrieves from the Town Hall? 2. The house sits atop a massive oil deposit? 3. Why doesn’t he simply use his library card?
The Raven  1. Poe interpretive dance. 2. “You are saying something profound.” 3. The whole bedroom is an elevator.
Island of Lost Souls  1. Vegetarian because of the natives. 2. All coming right at you. 3. The mob smashes into a case of surgical instruments and begins the vivisection.
The Black Cat  1. A selection of knives laid out neatly across his desk. 2. Supernatural baloney. 3. Vitrines of dead women.
Get Out  1. Pervasive Microsoft product placement. 2. They had to seal off the basement. Black mould. 3. She has a snack: a small portion of Froot Loops and a glass of milk. 3 other things.