Enter ROY’S WORLD
July 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Price gouging amidst a pandemic, enabled by this fucking administration. Screw them all. twitter.com/theintercept/s… 8 hours ago
- RT @AshcanPress: I have a Carl Reiner story that I hold very dear to me. I figured I'd share it today, on the day of his passing, because I… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Rainer Werner Fassbinder’s IN A YEAR WITH 13 MOONS randomcha.net/2020/06/30/3-t… 1 day ago
- Amidst a crappy day, here's a genuine ray of joy. twitter.com/MetroBrewing/s… 1 day ago
- Sigh. From the owner of my local indie used bookstore. These are the kinds of wrenching decisions a lot of folks ar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- So fucking pathetic and dangerous. twitter.com/FlicklundTweet… 1 day ago
- I am so on board with this film (or any Ozon film TBH). twitter.com/francois_ozon/… 2 days ago
- Cruel and unusual punishment. twitter.com/coopercooperco… 3 days ago
- 3 things about James Gray’s AD ASTRA randomcha.net/2020/06/28/3-t… 3 days ago
- RT @larwoolf: “Hope for the Best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.” Happy birthday 94th birthday ! #MelBrooks https://t… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: Halloween
Cure  1. The sound of an empty washing machine. 2. An abrupt darkening of the room. On the ceiling above his head, a black spot appears. 3. Silently, the waitress picks up a knife and walks across the room.
Us  1. Two important coffee tables. 2. Putting on lip gloss. 3. Neck crunch.
Sisters  1. The African Club. A black waiter wearing a tuxedo jacket but no shirt. 2. Smashed cake. 3. A sofa in Quebec.
Creepshow  1. “I can hold my breath for a long, long time!” Leslie Nielsen freeze frame. 2. She takes along her spiked milk for the drive. 3. Violin gesture.
The Devil’s Backbone  1. For no discernible purpose, a long rack of knives. 2. Rum and spices. 3. Sharpened sticks.
God Told Me To  1. Jailhouse hallway prostitute interview. 2. Cronenbergesque vaginal orifice. 3. End credit dedication to Bernard Herrmann! Often crude and confusing but exciting.
Crimson Peak  1. A black hand reaches over her shoulder. 2. Spoon scrape. 3. “I heard you the first time.” A cheap laugh, a line that’s completely out of place in this movie.
Black Christmas  1. CU hockey mask. 2. “It’s a new exchange.” 3. He grabs her by the hair.
Young Frankenstein  1. “You bet your boots it does.” 2. Igor playing the organ, stage left. 3. Wall Street Journal. 3 other things.
Tales that Witness Madness  1. Claw scratches in the white paint on the bedroom door. 2. Kim Novak in a Hawaiian muumuu. 3. Jack Hawkins’ voice is obviously (and distractingly) dubbed by Charles Gray throughout his scenes with Donald … Continue reading