Enter ROY’S WORLD
August 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @ourmaninchicago: Stay home, get vaxxed, get paid. Any Chicagoan 12+ is eligible for at-home vaccination. Call 312.746.4835 or visit h… 12 hours ago
- 3 things about Masaki Kobayashi’s HARA-KIRI randomcha.net/2021/08/01/3-t… 1 day ago
- 3 things about J. Lee Thompson’s CONQUEST OF THE PLANET OF THE APES randomcha.net/2021/07/31/3-t… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Arthur Penn’s NIGHT MOVES randomcha.net/2021/07/30/3-t… 3 days ago
- 72 hrs until condo closing. I simultaneously feel smooshed and splatted. 3 days ago
- Oh fuck. twitter.com/Ela_Bittencour… 4 days ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: "Winters never looked this cold, newspapers never looked this culpable, and Mayor Daley’s cronies never felt so real." O… 4 days ago
- 3 things about Errol Morris’s THE UNKNOWN KNOWN randomcha.net/2021/07/26/3-t… 1 week ago
- RT @danielknoxmusic: 📽⬅️ don’t forget to come early for the special pre-show I’ve put together. @musicboxtheatre 👍🏼 ▵▵☕️🦉🔥🌲🍩🥧 https://t.c… 1 week ago
- Holy smokes! cc @whitecitycinema twitter.com/TwinPeaksArchv… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: george a. romero
The Crazies  1. She pulls back the sheet. “Mommy?” 2. Rectangle of ultraviolet lights illuminating the ground. 3. She calmly resumes her knitting.
Season of the Witch  1. Snapping tree branches slashing her face. Somehow the opening scene reminds me of the opening scene of Belle de Jour. 2. Momentary cat. Just a stray that wandered in? 3. New, towering hairdo.
Creepshow  1. “I can hold my breath for a long, long time!” Leslie Nielsen freeze frame. 2. She takes along her spiked milk for the drive. 3. Violin gesture.
Night of the Living Dead  1. A photograph of a minister sits atop the mantel. 2. Beetman’s Diner. 3. Three cigars in his hatband. 3 other things.
Day of the Dead  1. He cuts himself shaving. 2. “Civility must be rewarded, Captain. If it isn’t rewarded, then there’s no use for it. There’s just no use for it at all.” 3. The top half of the … Continue reading
Dawn of the Dead  1. “It’s done, man. It’s all been done.” 2. Why were the kids in the closet? 3. Tussle over entrails. 3 other things.
Night of the Living Dead  1. The calendar on the wall in the kitchen indicates December 1966. 2. “The bereaved will have to forgo the dubious comforts that a funeral service will give. They’re just dead flesh, and dangerous.” … Continue reading
Birth of the Living Dead  1. An early Romero short film: “Mister Rogers Has a Tonsillectomy.” 2. Some zombies were played by ad executives. 3. Night of the Living Dead was later re-released on a double bill with Slaves.