Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Happy 92nd (!) birthday to Jules Feiffer! "It’s dangerous to challenge a system unless you’re completely at peace w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- RT @amlibraries: ALA News: Celebrate the joy of reading with Miss Piggy and Kermit READ® poster tees bit.ly/3ol8wcf 14 hours ago
- It's a real shame that James Burke's CONNECTIONS isn't more easily accessible. Just watched the whole series for th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Chan-wook Park’s THE HANDMAIDEN randomcha.net/2021/01/25/3-t… 1 day ago
- This film features the most disturbing line of dialogue Julie Andrews ever delivered: "I'm sticky, Charlie. I'm sti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Our first presentation of 2021! Stay tuned! twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 1 day ago
- 3 things about John Sturges’s BY LOVE POSSESSED randomcha.net/2021/01/24/3-t… 2 days ago
- Imagine Paul Thomas Anderson taking this on. twitter.com/JDPCogginbooks… 3 days ago
- New Mop Punch by @DavidWondrich hits the spot. https://t.co/adlQmsI7A0 4 days ago
- RT @chipublib: On Jan. 26, join Kyle Westphal (@thefilmsociety) & Mike Mashon (@librarycongress) in a moderated conversation by Marilyn Fer… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: Robert Altman
Fool for Love  1. Unsuccessful attempt to repair the bed.2. The gunshot triggers the jukebox to start playing.3. He opens the door to the smoldering trailer and steps inside. Shortly thereafter it fully bursts into flames.
Cookie’s Fortune  1. He gets his out police codebook. 2. “Want a drink?” “Never before Tom Brokaw.” 3. Salome’s dance with a toilet paper roll. Hadn’t seen this since it was first released. What a delight. Just enough plot … Continue reading
The Player  1. “That pipsqueak?” 2. “Rumors are always true, you know that.” 3. “Who is this person?” 3 other things.
Jazz ’34: Remembrances of Kansas City Swing  1. Water pitcher as mute. 2. He takes off his jacket, carefully buttons his vest, proceeds to blow. 3. BBQ wagon on the street.
When we started editing Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago, my editor Marianna Milhorat lived in Pilsen, right here in Chicago on the south side. That’s about a 45-minute trip via CTA from my own apartment. No big deal. But this … Continue reading
Quintet  1. “It doesn’t transmit. The information’s still there.” 2. She lifts her arm from the fire, looks down with some curiosity at her own smoldering hand. 3. Light fixture melting the ice. 3 other things.
Popeye  1. Me Pap, Me Son. 2. A House of Ill Repuke. 3. Flying octopus. 3 other things.
Images  1. It’s cold, do you want a drink, thrown back onto the bed. It’s cold, do you want a drink, thrown back onto the bed. It’s cold, do you want a drink, thrown back onto the bed. 2. … Continue reading
California Split  1. The couple making out on a bench at the racetrack. 2. Lyndon B. Johnson at the poker table. 3. “It doesn’t mean a fucking thing, does it?”
McCabe & Mrs. Miller  1. “I counted ’em, there’s 52.” 2. The only time we ever really see her smile. 3. For me, what makes the finale so haunting is that there are no witnesses.