Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- This is just so freaking sad. twitter.com/benkenigsberg/… 1 day ago
- RT @meganeabbott: Today's sorely needed inspo: Anjelica Huston, showing us all how to take on a dreary late-pandemic Monday Photo: Annie… 1 day ago
- Wonderful stuff. twitter.com/Chicago_Reader… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Alain Resnais’ LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD randomcha.net/2021/04/11/3-t… 3 days ago
- RT @PostCultRev: Fans bully major studio into releasing an extended 4-hour cut of “Last Year at Marienbad” that includes never-before-seen… 3 days ago
- Watched it again last night. https://t.co/Nt9xlwNS3b 3 days ago
- RT @MissMargoPrice: Moderna, J&J and Pfizer teaming up to save the summer https://t.co/14iF2siCH7 3 days ago
- 3 things about Michael Radford’s NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR randomcha.net/2021/04/10/3-t… 4 days ago
- https://t.co/HxGgQVIvj0 4 days ago
- I watched LOST HIGHWAY three times on opening weekend. Multiplex at Michigan/Ohio. twitter.com/jburd22/status… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: Robert Altman
Secret Honor  1. He extracts a cassette from the inner pocket of his smoking jacket.2. Dual meanings of the word “pardon.”3. Black Irish.
Fool for Love  1. Unsuccessful attempt to repair the bed.2. The gunshot triggers the jukebox to start playing.3. He opens the door to the smoldering trailer and steps inside. Shortly thereafter it fully bursts into flames.
Cookie’s Fortune  1. He gets his out police codebook. 2. “Want a drink?” “Never before Tom Brokaw.” 3. Salome’s dance with a toilet paper roll. Hadn’t seen this since it was first released. What a delight. Just enough plot … Continue reading
The Player  1. “That pipsqueak?” 2. “Rumors are always true, you know that.” 3. “Who is this person?” 3 other things.
Jazz ’34: Remembrances of Kansas City Swing  1. Water pitcher as mute. 2. He takes off his jacket, carefully buttons his vest, proceeds to blow. 3. BBQ wagon on the street.
When we started editing Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago, my editor Marianna Milhorat lived in Pilsen, right here in Chicago on the south side. That’s about a 45-minute trip via CTA from my own apartment. No big deal. But this … Continue reading
Quintet  1. “It doesn’t transmit. The information’s still there.” 2. She lifts her arm from the fire, looks down with some curiosity at her own smoldering hand. 3. Light fixture melting the ice. 3 other things.
Popeye  1. Me Pap, Me Son. 2. A House of Ill Repuke. 3. Flying octopus. 3 other things.
Images  1. It’s cold, do you want a drink, thrown back onto the bed. It’s cold, do you want a drink, thrown back onto the bed. It’s cold, do you want a drink, thrown back onto the bed. 2. … Continue reading
California Split  1. The couple making out on a bench at the racetrack. 2. Lyndon B. Johnson at the poker table. 3. “It doesn’t mean a fucking thing, does it?”