Enter ROY’S WORLD
August 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @ourmaninchicago: Stay home, get vaxxed, get paid. Any Chicagoan 12+ is eligible for at-home vaccination. Call 312.746.4835 or visit h… 11 hours ago
- 3 things about Masaki Kobayashi’s HARA-KIRI randomcha.net/2021/08/01/3-t… 1 day ago
- 3 things about J. Lee Thompson’s CONQUEST OF THE PLANET OF THE APES randomcha.net/2021/07/31/3-t… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Arthur Penn’s NIGHT MOVES randomcha.net/2021/07/30/3-t… 3 days ago
- 72 hrs until condo closing. I simultaneously feel smooshed and splatted. 3 days ago
- Oh fuck. twitter.com/Ela_Bittencour… 4 days ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: "Winters never looked this cold, newspapers never looked this culpable, and Mayor Daley’s cronies never felt so real." O… 4 days ago
- 3 things about Errol Morris’s THE UNKNOWN KNOWN randomcha.net/2021/07/26/3-t… 1 week ago
- RT @danielknoxmusic: 📽⬅️ don’t forget to come early for the special pre-show I’ve put together. @musicboxtheatre 👍🏼 ▵▵☕️🦉🔥🌲🍩🥧 https://t.c… 1 week ago
- Holy smokes! cc @whitecitycinema twitter.com/TwinPeaksArchv… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Robert Altman
The Gingerbread Man  1. Cat in the bed.2. Taped up windows everywhere in preparation for landfall.3. From her purse, she removes the ashtray she swiped at his party and uses it in his car.
Secret Honor  1. He extracts a cassette from the inner pocket of his smoking jacket.2. Dual meanings of the word “pardon.”3. Black Irish.
Fool for Love  1. Unsuccessful attempt to repair the bed.2. The gunshot triggers the jukebox to start playing.3. He opens the door to the smoldering trailer and steps inside. Shortly thereafter it fully bursts into flames.
Cookie’s Fortune  1. He gets his out police codebook. 2. “Want a drink?” “Never before Tom Brokaw.” 3. Salome’s dance with a toilet paper roll. Hadn’t seen this since it was first released. What a delight. Just enough plot … Continue reading
The Player  1. “That pipsqueak?” 2. “Rumors are always true, you know that.” 3. “Who is this person?” 3 other things.
Jazz ’34: Remembrances of Kansas City Swing  1. Water pitcher as mute. 2. He takes off his jacket, carefully buttons his vest, proceeds to blow. 3. BBQ wagon on the street.
When we started editing Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago, my editor Marianna Milhorat lived in Pilsen, right here in Chicago on the south side. That’s about a 45-minute trip via CTA from my own apartment. No big deal. But this … Continue reading
Quintet  1. “It doesn’t transmit. The information’s still there.” 2. She lifts her arm from the fire, looks down with some curiosity at her own smoldering hand. 3. Light fixture melting the ice. 3 other things.
Popeye  1. Me Pap, Me Son. 2. A House of Ill Repuke. 3. Flying octopus. 3 other things.