Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @billmckibben: Working through Facebook, the Trump campaign in 2016 set out to deter 3.5 million Black Americans from voting. This is ug… 8 hours ago
- RT @marclamonthill: RT if you pay more in taxes than President Trump. 1 day ago
- A huge fraud, as we've always known. 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ranald MacDougall’s THE WORLD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL randomcha.net/2020/09/27/3-t… 1 day ago
- Be honest: how much of this music have your heard in contemporary documentaries? It needs to end! youtu.be/AIxY_Y9TGWI 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ray Enright and Busby Berkeley’s DAMES randomcha.net/2020/09/26/3-t… 2 days ago
- Two nights ago I had a dream and in that dream I mixed up a cocktail, this exact recipe, and I tried it out last ni… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- THE WORLD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL is a film we ought to talk about more often. 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kogonada’s COLUMBUS randomcha.net/2020/09/24/3-t… 4 days ago
- RT @BurtonDiaries: 24 Sep 66 A little Monty Clift cult has started since his death. It would have been more useful when he was alive. He co… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: Robert Altman
Fool for Love  1. Unsuccessful attempt to repair the bed.2. The gunshot triggers the jukebox to start playing.3. He opens the door to the smoldering trailer and steps inside. Shortly thereafter it fully bursts into flames.
Cookie’s Fortune  1. He gets his out police codebook. 2. “Want a drink?” “Never before Tom Brokaw.” 3. Salome’s dance with a toilet paper roll. Hadn’t seen this since it was first released. What a delight. Just enough plot … Continue reading
The Player  1. “That pipsqueak?” 2. “Rumors are always true, you know that.” 3. “Who is this person?” 3 other things.
Jazz ’34: Remembrances of Kansas City Swing  1. Water pitcher as mute. 2. He takes off his jacket, carefully buttons his vest, proceeds to blow. 3. BBQ wagon on the street.
When we started editing Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago, my editor Marianna Milhorat lived in Pilsen, right here in Chicago on the south side. That’s about a 45-minute trip via CTA from my own apartment. No big deal. But this … Continue reading
Quintet  1. “It doesn’t transmit. The information’s still there.” 2. She lifts her arm from the fire, looks down with some curiosity at her own smoldering hand. 3. Light fixture melting the ice. 3 other things.
Popeye  1. Me Pap, Me Son. 2. A House of Ill Repuke. 3. Flying octopus. 3 other things.
Images  1. It’s cold, do you want a drink, thrown back onto the bed. It’s cold, do you want a drink, thrown back onto the bed. It’s cold, do you want a drink, thrown back onto the bed. 2. … Continue reading
California Split  1. The couple making out on a bench at the racetrack. 2. Lyndon B. Johnson at the poker table. 3. “It doesn’t mean a fucking thing, does it?”
McCabe & Mrs. Miller  1. “I counted ’em, there’s 52.” 2. The only time we ever really see her smile. 3. For me, what makes the finale so haunting is that there are no witnesses.