Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @DanielDKraus: Hey! I wrote another episode of my beloved CREEPSHOW! Tune into @Shudder on Thursday to see “The Things in Oakwood’s Past… 15 hours ago
- Cc @FoodieAnthony twitter.com/baddestmamajam… 16 hours ago
- Note to my fellow filmmakers: Don Siegel's INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS, one of the greatest films ever made, is… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Cary Joji Fukunaga’s NO TIME TO DIE randomcha.net/2021/10/15/3-t… 2 days ago
- I want to run into Terence Davies someday! twitter.com/sopharsogood/s… 3 days ago
- RT @LisaBeesa: Chicago, you do not get to say there are no movies to see. Between now and the end of the year, you can catch: 🎬 @chifilmfe… 3 days ago
- RT @musicboxtheatre: You know things are about to get really bad when Veronica Cartwright starts freaking out https://t.co/QkFXWn3Nod 6 days ago
- If you haven't watched DIARY OF A MAD HOUSEWIFE on @criterionchannl why not? 6 days ago
- RT @Rythemovieguy: For your Monday earbuds. https://t.co/NidypIsCPU 6 days ago
- 3 things about Steve James’ and Alex Kotlowitz’s THE INTERRUPTERS randomcha.net/2021/10/09/3-t… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Robert Altman
The Gingerbread Man  1. Cat in the bed.2. Taped up windows everywhere in preparation for landfall.3. From her purse, she removes the ashtray she swiped at his party and uses it in his car.
Secret Honor  1. He extracts a cassette from the inner pocket of his smoking jacket.2. Dual meanings of the word “pardon.”3. Black Irish.
Fool for Love  1. Unsuccessful attempt to repair the bed.2. The gunshot triggers the jukebox to start playing.3. He opens the door to the smoldering trailer and steps inside. Shortly thereafter it fully bursts into flames.
Cookie’s Fortune  1. He gets his out police codebook. 2. “Want a drink?” “Never before Tom Brokaw.” 3. Salome’s dance with a toilet paper roll. Hadn’t seen this since it was first released. What a delight. Just enough plot … Continue reading
The Player  1. “That pipsqueak?” 2. “Rumors are always true, you know that.” 3. “Who is this person?” 3 other things.
Jazz ’34: Remembrances of Kansas City Swing  1. Water pitcher as mute. 2. He takes off his jacket, carefully buttons his vest, proceeds to blow. 3. BBQ wagon on the street.
When we started editing Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago, my editor Marianna Milhorat lived in Pilsen, right here in Chicago on the south side. That’s about a 45-minute trip via CTA from my own apartment. No big deal. But this … Continue reading
Quintet  1. “It doesn’t transmit. The information’s still there.” 2. She lifts her arm from the fire, looks down with some curiosity at her own smoldering hand. 3. Light fixture melting the ice. 3 other things.
Popeye  1. Me Pap, Me Son. 2. A House of Ill Repuke. 3. Flying octopus. 3 other things.