Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @billmckibben: Working through Facebook, the Trump campaign in 2016 set out to deter 3.5 million Black Americans from voting. This is ug… 8 hours ago
- RT @marclamonthill: RT if you pay more in taxes than President Trump. 1 day ago
- A huge fraud, as we've always known. 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ranald MacDougall’s THE WORLD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL randomcha.net/2020/09/27/3-t… 1 day ago
- Be honest: how much of this music have your heard in contemporary documentaries? It needs to end! youtu.be/AIxY_Y9TGWI 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ray Enright and Busby Berkeley’s DAMES randomcha.net/2020/09/26/3-t… 2 days ago
- Two nights ago I had a dream and in that dream I mixed up a cocktail, this exact recipe, and I tried it out last ni… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- THE WORLD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL is a film we ought to talk about more often. 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kogonada’s COLUMBUS randomcha.net/2020/09/24/3-t… 4 days ago
- RT @BurtonDiaries: 24 Sep 66 A little Monty Clift cult has started since his death. It would have been more useful when he was alive. He co… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: documentaries
Truth or Consequences  1. Tiger bite on the lip. 2. She gets a kick out of making announcements. 3. Fruitless visit by the Building Inspector.
I had the pleasure of speaking with Chandler Bennett at KALX 90.7FM Berkeley about the film. Check it out below! Reminder: Roy’s World screens Friday, September 18 at SF DocFest! (This presentation is geoblocked and may only be viewed in … Continue reading
The Last Blockbuster  1. He smells the inside of the VHS case. 2. By eliminating late fees, the company lost $250 million at one stroke. 3. Obsolete POS computer system.
The Wind: A Documentary Thriller  1. The medics calmly observe his uncontrollable shaking. 2. She puts her ear to its bark, trying to hear the tree’s secrets. 3. Vibrating tree roots.
Okay, folks, there are only two more chances to see Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago this month! It will be livestreamed this Sunday, September 6 as part of Dances With Films LA, immediately followed by a Q&A featuring yours truly … Continue reading
Wow! Immediately following the livestream of Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago on Sunday, September 6 at Dances With Films, stick around for a live Q & A featuring yours truly, Barry Gifford, and Lili Taylor. Lili is part of the … Continue reading
Tickled  1. “We heard laughter coming through the vents.” 2. Tickle cells. 3. A trove of documents accidentally posted to the public web.
Spaceship Earth  1. “Biosphere 2 isn’t a cautionary tale. We don’t need cautionary tales anymore.” 2. Trouble closing the airlock. 3. Banana wine.
Jasper Mall  1. Starting pay for a maintenance job at the mall: $8/hour. 2. Terrified little girl on the merry-go-round: “I’m going to die!” 3. Ghostly light trails in the vacated J.C. Penney.