Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Jules Dassin’s UPTIGHT randomcha.net/2021/04/17/3-t… 9 hours ago
- I am so sickened that this is going on in my amazing city. twitter.com/LoganKenny1/st… 2 days ago
- This is just so freaking sad. twitter.com/benkenigsberg/… 5 days ago
- RT @meganeabbott: Today's sorely needed inspo: Anjelica Huston, showing us all how to take on a dreary late-pandemic Monday Photo: Annie… 5 days ago
- Wonderful stuff. twitter.com/Chicago_Reader… 5 days ago
- 3 things about Alain Resnais’ LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD randomcha.net/2021/04/11/3-t… 6 days ago
- RT @PostCultRev: Fans bully major studio into releasing an extended 4-hour cut of “Last Year at Marienbad” that includes never-before-seen… 6 days ago
- Watched it again last night. https://t.co/Nt9xlwNS3b 6 days ago
- RT @MissMargoPrice: Moderna, J&J and Pfizer teaming up to save the summer https://t.co/14iF2siCH7 1 week ago
- 3 things about Michael Radford’s NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR randomcha.net/2021/04/10/3-t… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: documentaries
The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara  1. On the roof of a trolley, a crowd of people wearing masks and cheering the end of the Great War. 2. Telegram to his fiancée: … Continue reading
Doesn’t that new laurel look beautiful?!
In a virtual ceremony (coincidentally, held exactly one year to the day after the film had its World Premiere at the Glasgow Film Festival) my documentary Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago was awarded Best Illinois Feature at the 2021 Beloit … Continue reading
Time  1. Dingdong #2 and #1. 2. Bad credit, wants the most expensive car on the lot. 3. Torching the cardboard cutout on the grill.
Only two more days! If you’re reading this from Wisconsin or Illinois, you can watch the film as part of the Beloit International Film Festival—through February 28!
If you’re reading this from Wisconsin or Illinois, you can watch the film as part of the Beloit International Film Festival—now through February 28! And as part of the festival, Jason Adasiewicz (who composed the score and performs on the … Continue reading
Crip Camp  1. “The fact is, you can’t aspire to something better if you don’t know it exists.” 2. Sign: THE LADY AND THE RAMP. 3. Daily food deliveries from the Black Panthers.
My Octopus Teacher  1. Cradling the octopus like a baby. 2. Riding the shark’s back. 3. Puncturing the shell with its drill in precisely the right place. Extraordinary!
A Secret Love  1. “I’ve thrown out 110 books.” 2. Marriage vows which include e.e. cummings. 3. A supply of autographed baseball cards.
Mama Gloria  1. A parade of high heels in broad daylight. 2. Reuniting with her former prom date. 3. Under-the-table surgeries at Cook County Hospital.