Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Happy 92nd (!) birthday to Jules Feiffer! "It’s dangerous to challenge a system unless you’re completely at peace w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- RT @amlibraries: ALA News: Celebrate the joy of reading with Miss Piggy and Kermit READ® poster tees bit.ly/3ol8wcf 14 hours ago
- It's a real shame that James Burke's CONNECTIONS isn't more easily accessible. Just watched the whole series for th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Chan-wook Park’s THE HANDMAIDEN randomcha.net/2021/01/25/3-t… 1 day ago
- This film features the most disturbing line of dialogue Julie Andrews ever delivered: "I'm sticky, Charlie. I'm sti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Our first presentation of 2021! Stay tuned! twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 1 day ago
- 3 things about John Sturges’s BY LOVE POSSESSED randomcha.net/2021/01/24/3-t… 2 days ago
- Imagine Paul Thomas Anderson taking this on. twitter.com/JDPCogginbooks… 3 days ago
- New Mop Punch by @DavidWondrich hits the spot. https://t.co/adlQmsI7A0 4 days ago
- RT @chipublib: On Jan. 26, join Kyle Westphal (@thefilmsociety) & Mike Mashon (@librarycongress) in a moderated conversation by Marilyn Fer… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: documentaries
My Octopus Teacher  1. Cradling the octopus like a baby. 2. Riding the shark’s back. 3. Puncturing the shell with its drill in precisely the right place. Extraordinary!
A Secret Love  1. “I’ve thrown out 110 books.” 2. Marriage vows which include e.e. cummings. 3. A supply of autographed baseball cards.
Mama Gloria  1. A parade of high heels in broad daylight. 2. Reuniting with her former prom date. 3. Under-the-table surgeries at Cook County Hospital.
Truth or Consequences  1. Tiger bite on the lip. 2. She gets a kick out of making announcements. 3. Fruitless visit by the Building Inspector.
I had the pleasure of speaking with Chandler Bennett at KALX 90.7FM Berkeley about the film. Check it out below! Reminder: Roy’s World screens Friday, September 18 at SF DocFest! (This presentation is geoblocked and may only be viewed in … Continue reading
The Last Blockbuster  1. He smells the inside of the VHS case. 2. By eliminating late fees, the company lost $250 million at one stroke. 3. Obsolete POS computer system.
The Wind: A Documentary Thriller  1. The medics calmly observe his uncontrollable shaking. 2. She puts her ear to its bark, trying to hear the tree’s secrets. 3. Vibrating tree roots.
Okay, folks, there are only two more chances to see Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago this month! It will be livestreamed this Sunday, September 6 as part of Dances With Films LA, immediately followed by a Q&A featuring yours truly … Continue reading
Wow! Immediately following the livestream of Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago on Sunday, September 6 at Dances With Films, stick around for a live Q & A featuring yours truly, Barry Gifford, and Lili Taylor. Lili is part of the … Continue reading
Tickled  1. “We heard laughter coming through the vents.” 2. Tickle cells. 3. A trove of documents accidentally posted to the public web.