Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Happy 92nd (!) birthday to Jules Feiffer! "It’s dangerous to challenge a system unless you’re completely at peace w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- RT @amlibraries: ALA News: Celebrate the joy of reading with Miss Piggy and Kermit READ® poster tees bit.ly/3ol8wcf 13 hours ago
- It's a real shame that James Burke's CONNECTIONS isn't more easily accessible. Just watched the whole series for th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Chan-wook Park’s THE HANDMAIDEN randomcha.net/2021/01/25/3-t… 1 day ago
- This film features the most disturbing line of dialogue Julie Andrews ever delivered: "I'm sticky, Charlie. I'm sti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Our first presentation of 2021! Stay tuned! twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 1 day ago
- 3 things about John Sturges’s BY LOVE POSSESSED randomcha.net/2021/01/24/3-t… 2 days ago
- Imagine Paul Thomas Anderson taking this on. twitter.com/JDPCogginbooks… 3 days ago
- New Mop Punch by @DavidWondrich hits the spot. https://t.co/adlQmsI7A0 4 days ago
- RT @chipublib: On Jan. 26, join Kyle Westphal (@thefilmsociety) & Mike Mashon (@librarycongress) in a moderated conversation by Marilyn Fer… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: 3 things
The Handmaiden  1. A thick rope in a hatbox on the top shelf in her closet. 2. He sweeps the severed fingers into a bucket on the floor. 3. Mercury vapors. A bit much …
By Love Possessed  1. He reaches for his drink. She puts her hand over the glass and says, “If I get drunk and pass out, it won’t be fun for me. If you get drunk and pass out, it … Continue reading
My Octopus Teacher  1. Cradling the octopus like a baby. 2. Riding the shark’s back. 3. Puncturing the shell with its drill in precisely the right place. Extraordinary!
Da 5 Bloods  1. Rusted-through bottom. 2. Hedy. 3. “You’re gonna fly.”
Small Axe: Red, White and Blue  1. Literal poster boy. 2. Tracking them through the factory. 3. On his way out, he smashes up the billiards game.
The Midnight Sky  1. A second bowl of cereal. 2. “I just point.” 3. Wolf blur.
A Secret Love  1. “I’ve thrown out 110 books.” 2. Marriage vows which include e.e. cummings. 3. A supply of autographed baseball cards.
Small Axe: Lovers Rock  1. Flicking her cigarette at his backside. 2. “This is tea?” “Jamaican tea.” 3. Time to wake up for church.
Peterloo  1. He’s crestfallen at not getting assigned to Ireland. 2. Sharing bread with strangers. 3. A horse tramples the infant.