Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- I recommend the Christmas episode of "Barney Miller." 1 day ago
- 3 things about William Wyler’s DETECTIVE STORY randomcha.net/2021/12/04/3-t… 2 days ago
- Watching DETECTIVE STORY with Kirk Douglas was pretty eye opening. How little policing has changed since 1951! 2 days ago
- One peculiar side effect of the past few years: I'm really into Vivaldi now. 3 days ago
- 3 things about Kon Satoshi’s PAPRIKA randomcha.net/2021/12/01/3-t… 5 days ago
- Thank you Henry Mancini for spending 926 minutes with me this year on @Spotify. You are my #1. #SpotifyWrapped open.spotify.com/artist/2EExdpj… 5 days ago
- 3 things about Wendy Toye & David Eady & George More O’Ferrall’s THREE CASES OF MURDER randomcha.net/2021/11/30/3-t… 6 days ago
- Damn right I love working for @ALALibrary ala.org/advocacy/state… 6 days ago
- The Anne Baxter episode of COLUMBO is awesome. Includes a cameo by Edith Head! 6 days ago
- 3 things about Hayao Miyazaki’s MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO randomcha.net/2021/11/29/3-t… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: 3 things
Detective Story  1. On his farm he grows lettuce, cabbage, and kale. 2. She stays behind in the records room, powdering her nose. 3. Lee Grant’s pungent Bronx accent.
Paprika  1. A secret apartment littered with old toys. 2. Cocktail bar music. 3. He pulls his hand through her body, zipping away her face.
Three Cases of Murder  1. Moving into the painting. Closer to the house. The door swings open. 2. Without asking, he plucks a carnation from the bouquet for his buttonhole. 3. “Brilliant, but insufferable.”
My Neighbor Totoro  1. Soft and furry bus benches. 2. A message scratched into the cornhusk. 3. Disquieting family tub scene.
Following  1. “Say something to me.” He does, and then she slaps him. 2. Marilyn Monroe picture tacked on the wall near his writing desk. 3. Earring in a plastic evidence envelope.
3 Women  1. “She’ll show you just how easy it really is.” 2. “We don’t like the twins.” 3. “Ever since you moved in here you’ve been causing me grief. Nobody wants to hang around you. You don’t drink, … Continue reading
Hollywood Chinese  1. Christopher Lee explains eye makeup and prosthetics. 2. Notes on Anna May Wong’s screen test for The Good Earth: “disappointing.” 3. Roger Ebert defending Better Luck Tomorrow at Sundance.
Bad Influence  1. An ingenious cut: Michael throws back the shot of tequila, Alex swallows it. 2. Glass bricks everywhere. 3. Don’t step on the brake pedal.
Black Widow  1. His sits at home at his bar. Glowing pink light behind frosted glass. 2. Upon discovering the body, she doesn’t scream. She merely leaves the room and pauses at the doorway. 3. Shopping list with doodles.
Coming Out Under Fire  1. Incompatible. 2. Using the word “darling” in a letter was a giveaway. 3. Mimeographed bulletin, “The Myrtle Bitch Beach.” Invaluable.