Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Jules Dassin’s UPTIGHT randomcha.net/2021/04/17/3-t… 9 hours ago
- I am so sickened that this is going on in my amazing city. twitter.com/LoganKenny1/st… 2 days ago
- This is just so freaking sad. twitter.com/benkenigsberg/… 5 days ago
- RT @meganeabbott: Today's sorely needed inspo: Anjelica Huston, showing us all how to take on a dreary late-pandemic Monday Photo: Annie… 5 days ago
- Wonderful stuff. twitter.com/Chicago_Reader… 5 days ago
- 3 things about Alain Resnais’ LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD randomcha.net/2021/04/11/3-t… 6 days ago
- RT @PostCultRev: Fans bully major studio into releasing an extended 4-hour cut of “Last Year at Marienbad” that includes never-before-seen… 6 days ago
- Watched it again last night. https://t.co/Nt9xlwNS3b 6 days ago
- RT @MissMargoPrice: Moderna, J&J and Pfizer teaming up to save the summer https://t.co/14iF2siCH7 1 week ago
- 3 things about Michael Radford’s NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR randomcha.net/2021/04/10/3-t… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: 3 things
Uptight  1. Carnival: a fake gun and funhouse mirrors. 2. Daisy/Clarence and the “decadent oriental” interior design of his apartment. 3. The story ends with his burial. A truly fascinating film, especially the ways in which it both has … Continue reading
Last Year at Marienbad  1. Tall glass display case in the lobby. 2. Offscreen, the balustrade crumbles. 3. “… His gray eyes … his gray form …” 3 other things.
Nineteen Eighty-Four  1. Scratching out one of the faces on the gin bottle’s label. 2. Expressionless, he replies, “They got me a long time ago.” 3. When the ultimate betrayal means saying “I love you.” 3 other things.
She Dies Tomorrow  1. A rather faster tempo for the Lacrimosa than I’m used to hearing. 2. They agree not to wake her up. 3. Bloody rivers.
Take Aim at the Police Van  1. Burma Shave-style road signs warning of danger. 2. Group of teens hanging around the jukebox. 3. He replies that he prefers Japanese mystery novels.
Trees Lounge  1. He takes a bite of the ice cream sandwich and says, “Too much? Want me to put it back?” 2. Almost falling asleep while kneeling in front of the casket. 3. Little boy with a sheriff’s … Continue reading
Journey to Italy  1. She seems to notice expectant mothers everywhere. 2. The look on his face when he hears that the girl’s husband is returning home. 3. “You’ve never tried to understand me.” 3 other things.
Manhattan Melodrama  1. Torches and waterlogged corpses. 2. Over-the-shoulder shot, looking at Snow, then Wade socks him in the jaw. 3. He bends towards her and says, “Every now and then.” 3 other things.
Minari  1. He notices the sky is green. 2. “Ding-dong broken.” 3. When it’s hiding, it’s more dangerous.
Cotton Comes to Harlem  1. Their squad car smashes into a truck carrying watermelons. 2. Neon sign for MAMA CHILI. 3. Fistfight in the prop room of the Apollo Theater.