Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Support libraries! twitter.com/ALALibrary/sta… 1 hour ago
- 3 things about John Huston’s THE AFRICAN QUEEN randomcha.net/2022/01/22/3-t… 6 hours ago
- 3 things about Walt Disney’s PETER PAN randomcha.net/2022/01/21/3-t… 1 day ago
- Now that Lost Lake is no more, new cocktail challenge? twitter.com/70s_party/stat… 1 day ago
- Offering support to my fellow filmmakers whose work isn't screening at S'dance, thereby ensuring that no one will g… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Guillermo del Toro’s NIGHTMARE ALLEY randomcha.net/2022/01/20/3-t… 2 days ago
- I can honestly say I wouldn't be a filmmaker today had I not seen Twin Peaks at the age of 13. twitter.com/BlackLCult/sta… 2 days ago
- Take note @DanielDKraus you're gonna have some competition ... twitter.com/BethMorrey/sta… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Anthony Powell’s ANTARCTICA: A YEAR ON ICE randomcha.net/2022/01/19/3-t… 3 days ago
- I know some writerly folks are on the lookout for a new job, and here's one you'd love! Let me know if you need mor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: paul thomas anderson
Phantom Thread  1. POV car shots that recall the opening sequence of Lawrence of Arabia.2. Literally sizing her up.3. Vest, jacket, ascot over pajamas. 3 other things.
Inherent Vice  1. “Molto panacako!” 2. A bare patch on the sofa cushion’s vinyl cover. 3. “So, justice was served?” 3 other things.
The Master  1. “It didn’t work for him and it’s not going to work for you.” 2. “Excuse me.” “Excuse me.” 3. “What do you want, Helen?!” 3 other things.
There Will Be Blood  1. “I should have known that under this, all these years you’ve been building your hate for me piece by piece.” 2. A plate of cold spare ribs. 3. Filthy will oil and dirt, lying … Continue reading
Phantom Thread  1. When it comes to porridge, cream makes all the difference.2. Lace from the 1600s.3. “I’m not moaning. I don’t want to be ignored.”“No one does. But I don’t want to hear about it because it hurts … Continue reading
Punch-Drunk Love  1. Dusty footfalls. 2. The way Luiz Guzmán says, “Which guy in Toledo are you talking about?” 3. Twilight Mai Tais on the beach at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. 3 other things.
Magnolia  1. Stripy knitted bed jacket. 2. “Yes, and I’m listening. Avidly, fella.” 3. His utter lack of posture on the sofa. 3 other things.
Boogie Nights  1. After a long night at the club, he puts on a record by Chico Hamilton and pours himself a drink. 2. “I’m not a complicated man. I like cinema, in particular I like to see people … Continue reading
Hard Eight  1. “You should know before you ask a question like that.” 2. Reno lounge jazz combo covering “All Blues” by Miles Davis. 3. Gently tugging down the cuff of his overcoat.
Phantom Thread  1. “It’s my job to give you some. If I choose to.” 2. Asparagus with oil and salt. 3. Both women answer the doctor simultaneously. Again and again.