Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Simply unmissable. twitter.com/phillipstribun… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Todd Phillips’s JOKER randomcha.net/2020/10/28/3-t… 2 days ago
- Wallace Shawn, as usual, cuts to the heart of things: nybooks.com/daily/2020/10/… 2 days ago
- Possible coping strategy: getting massively baked and watching lots of Ernie Kovacs on @Tubi. 3 days ago
- RT @RealLyndaCarter: This week, I’m spinning into my best superhero gear! Walk, run, or spin on down to the polls and vote early for @JoeBi… 3 days ago
- After 2 weeks of multiple health screens and asking everyone to quarantine, I surprised my closest inner circle wit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Do it, Texas! cc @wileywiggins twitter.com/DanielDKraus/s… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Luchina Fisher’s MAMA GLORIA randomcha.net/2020/10/27/3-t… 3 days ago
- Help support @CHIRPRadio! go.rallyup.com/e0f1e0 3 days ago
- RT @samesmail: People in Wisconsin. Trump’s criminal Supreme Court has fucked you over. Read this to make sure your vote gets counted. http… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: paul thomas anderson
There Will Be Blood  1. “I should have known that under this, all these years you’ve been building your hate for me piece by piece.” 2. A plate of cold spare ribs. 3. Filthy will oil and dirt, lying … Continue reading
Phantom Thread  1. When it comes to porridge, cream makes all the difference.2. Lace from the 1600s.3. “I’m not moaning. I don’t want to be ignored.”“No one does. But I don’t want to hear about it because it hurts … Continue reading
Punch-Drunk Love  1. Dusty footfalls. 2. The way Luiz Guzmán says, “Which guy in Toledo are you talking about?” 3. Twilight Mai Tais on the beach at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. 3 other things.
Magnolia  1. Stripy knitted bed jacket. 2. “Yes, and I’m listening. Avidly, fella.” 3. His utter lack of posture on the sofa. 3 other things.
Boogie Nights  1. After a long night at the club, he puts on a record by Chico Hamilton and pours himself a drink. 2. “I’m not a complicated man. I like cinema, in particular I like to see people … Continue reading
Hard Eight  1. “You should know before you ask a question like that.” 2. Reno lounge jazz combo covering “All Blues” by Miles Davis. 3. Gently tugging down the cuff of his overcoat.
Phantom Thread  1. “It’s my job to give you some. If I choose to.” 2. Asparagus with oil and salt. 3. Both women answer the doctor simultaneously. Again and again.
Inherent Vice  1. In his notebook he writes: Something Spanish. 2. Dr. Threeply lip syncs the movie. 3. A new American Express card. 3 other things.
Inherent Vice  1. “To drink, gentlemen? You’re going to want to get good and fucked up before you eat that meal.” 2. A bent finger. 3. An address on the police report: Gummo Marx Way.