Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Jules Dassin’s UPTIGHT randomcha.net/2021/04/17/3-t… 10 hours ago
- I am so sickened that this is going on in my amazing city. twitter.com/LoganKenny1/st… 2 days ago
- This is just so freaking sad. twitter.com/benkenigsberg/… 5 days ago
- RT @meganeabbott: Today's sorely needed inspo: Anjelica Huston, showing us all how to take on a dreary late-pandemic Monday Photo: Annie… 5 days ago
- Wonderful stuff. twitter.com/Chicago_Reader… 5 days ago
- 3 things about Alain Resnais’ LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD randomcha.net/2021/04/11/3-t… 6 days ago
- RT @PostCultRev: Fans bully major studio into releasing an extended 4-hour cut of “Last Year at Marienbad” that includes never-before-seen… 6 days ago
- Watched it again last night. https://t.co/Nt9xlwNS3b 6 days ago
- RT @MissMargoPrice: Moderna, J&J and Pfizer teaming up to save the summer https://t.co/14iF2siCH7 1 week ago
- 3 things about Michael Radford’s NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR randomcha.net/2021/04/10/3-t… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: paul thomas anderson
Phantom Thread  1. POV car shots that recall the opening sequence of Lawrence of Arabia.2. Literally sizing her up.3. Vest, jacket, ascot over pajamas. 3 other things.
Inherent Vice  1. “Molto panacako!” 2. A bare patch on the sofa cushion’s vinyl cover. 3. “So, justice was served?” 3 other things.
The Master  1. “It didn’t work for him and it’s not going to work for you.” 2. “Excuse me.” “Excuse me.” 3. “What do you want, Helen?!” 3 other things.
There Will Be Blood  1. “I should have known that under this, all these years you’ve been building your hate for me piece by piece.” 2. A plate of cold spare ribs. 3. Filthy will oil and dirt, lying … Continue reading
Phantom Thread  1. When it comes to porridge, cream makes all the difference.2. Lace from the 1600s.3. “I’m not moaning. I don’t want to be ignored.”“No one does. But I don’t want to hear about it because it hurts … Continue reading
Punch-Drunk Love  1. Dusty footfalls. 2. The way Luiz Guzmán says, “Which guy in Toledo are you talking about?” 3. Twilight Mai Tais on the beach at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. 3 other things.
Magnolia  1. Stripy knitted bed jacket. 2. “Yes, and I’m listening. Avidly, fella.” 3. His utter lack of posture on the sofa. 3 other things.
Boogie Nights  1. After a long night at the club, he puts on a record by Chico Hamilton and pours himself a drink. 2. “I’m not a complicated man. I like cinema, in particular I like to see people … Continue reading
Hard Eight  1. “You should know before you ask a question like that.” 2. Reno lounge jazz combo covering “All Blues” by Miles Davis. 3. Gently tugging down the cuff of his overcoat.
Phantom Thread  1. “It’s my job to give you some. If I choose to.” 2. Asparagus with oil and salt. 3. Both women answer the doctor simultaneously. Again and again.