Enter ROY’S WORLD
August 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @ourmaninchicago: Stay home, get vaxxed, get paid. Any Chicagoan 12+ is eligible for at-home vaccination. Call 312.746.4835 or visit h… 11 hours ago
- 3 things about Masaki Kobayashi’s HARA-KIRI randomcha.net/2021/08/01/3-t… 1 day ago
- 3 things about J. Lee Thompson’s CONQUEST OF THE PLANET OF THE APES randomcha.net/2021/07/31/3-t… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Arthur Penn’s NIGHT MOVES randomcha.net/2021/07/30/3-t… 3 days ago
- 72 hrs until condo closing. I simultaneously feel smooshed and splatted. 3 days ago
- Oh fuck. twitter.com/Ela_Bittencour… 4 days ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: "Winters never looked this cold, newspapers never looked this culpable, and Mayor Daley’s cronies never felt so real." O… 4 days ago
- 3 things about Errol Morris’s THE UNKNOWN KNOWN randomcha.net/2021/07/26/3-t… 1 week ago
- RT @danielknoxmusic: 📽⬅️ don’t forget to come early for the special pre-show I’ve put together. @musicboxtheatre 👍🏼 ▵▵☕️🦉🔥🌲🍩🥧 https://t.c… 1 week ago
- Holy smokes! cc @whitecitycinema twitter.com/TwinPeaksArchv… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: film noir
Odds Against Tomorrow  1. Thick smoky haze behind the musicians. 2. “Just this once.” 3. The balloon connected to his finger with a string, he dials the number.
Kiss Me Deadly  1. “Look at all the goodies!” 2. “Okay,” he says. Pushes her away firmly. “You’ve made your point.” 3. Wrist burns. 3 other things.
No Man of Her Own  1. Has Barbara Stanwyck ever looked so exhausted on film? 2. A few seconds after she slips the ring on her finger, her reflection in the mirror shatters. 3. The telegram reads: WHO ARE … Continue reading
The Blue Dahlia  1. Monkey music. 2. “Am I under suspicion?” “I don’t know. How do you feel about it?” 3. The glow of the glistening street under the nightclub’s enormous neon sign. Fantastic. Not because the convoluted plot … Continue reading
Crossfire  1. He’s a former cop from St. Louis. Four years on the East side. 2. Leroy stoops to pick up the pad of paper. The contempt on Montgomery’s face. 3. Incorrect address. 3 other things.
Intimidation  1. Beginning and ending with a train. 2. He slips on clear plastic galoshes. 3. Multiple receipts for counterfeit seals.
The Prowler  1. A dull library of his voice. 2. In the bedroom of the newlyweds, the sounds of traffic all night long. 3. Primitive generator. 3 other things.
Phantom Lady  1. “You like jive? “You bet! I’m a hep kitten!” 2. The court proceedings are depicted using stenographer’s notes. 3. On a cabinet against the wall in his bedroom, a large white sculpture of two hands reaching … Continue reading
Gun Crazy  1. Russ Tamblyn, completely rain-drenched, lying in the street, looking up at the policeman. 2. Thick fog. Splashes. Voices. 3. Wearing a fur coat on a roller coaster. 3 other things.
5 Against the House  1. Cutting edge parking garage. 2. A $5 bet he’ll never collect. 3. Heavy petting while driving.