Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about John Huston’s THE MISFITS randomcha.net/2022/07/05/3-t… 14 hours ago
- I sure wish I could be there! Could you go in my stead and let me know what you think? twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Kiyoshi Kurosawa’s PULSE randomcha.net/2022/07/04/3-t… 1 day ago
- Happy Independence Day! twitter.com/backwards_rive… 1 day ago
- 3 things about David Cronenberg’s CRIMES OF THE FUTURE randomcha.net/2022/07/03/3-t… 2 days ago
- Possibly my favorite moment in the new Cronenberg? "Careful. Don't spill." 2 days ago
- I can never unsee this picture. twitter.com/Trendane/statu… 2 days ago
- Celebrating the long summer weekend by finally watching CRIMES OF THE FUTURE at @musicboxtheatre. Need some feel good entertainment. 3 days ago
- Time to finally watch PULSE. 4 days ago
- 3 things about Leo Hurwitz’s STRANGE VICTORY randomcha.net/2022/06/30/3-t… 5 days ago
Tag Archives: film noir
Devil in a Blue Dress  1. “This is my adopted son, Jesus.” 2. Crowbar to the bar. 3. They say their farewells outside Griffith Observatory.
The Long Goodbye  1. J.C. Penney tie. 2. “Those ladies were a big help. Crazy ladies.” 3. Arnold’s mustard yellow briefs. 3 other things.
Nightmare Alley  1. His eye seems to follow you no matter where you stand. 2. December 1941; there’s nary a Christmas decoration to be seen. 3. The way she says, “I’ll live.”
Odds Against Tomorrow  1. Thick smoky haze behind the musicians. 2. “Just this once.” 3. The balloon connected to his finger with a string, he dials the number.
Kiss Me Deadly  1. “Look at all the goodies!” 2. “Okay,” he says. Pushes her away firmly. “You’ve made your point.” 3. Wrist burns. 3 other things.
No Man of Her Own  1. Has Barbara Stanwyck ever looked so exhausted on film? 2. A few seconds after she slips the ring on her finger, her reflection in the mirror shatters. 3. The telegram reads: WHO ARE … Continue reading
The Blue Dahlia  1. Monkey music. 2. “Am I under suspicion?” “I don’t know. How do you feel about it?” 3. The glow of the glistening street under the nightclub’s enormous neon sign. Fantastic. Not because the convoluted plot … Continue reading
Crossfire  1. He’s a former cop from St. Louis. Four years on the East side. 2. Leroy stoops to pick up the pad of paper. The contempt on Montgomery’s face. 3. Incorrect address. 3 other things.
Intimidation  1. Beginning and ending with a train. 2. He slips on clear plastic galoshes. 3. Multiple receipts for counterfeit seals.
The Prowler  1. A dull library of his voice. 2. In the bedroom of the newlyweds, the sounds of traffic all night long. 3. Primitive generator. 3 other things.