Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @billmckibben: Working through Facebook, the Trump campaign in 2016 set out to deter 3.5 million Black Americans from voting. This is ug… 7 hours ago
- RT @marclamonthill: RT if you pay more in taxes than President Trump. 1 day ago
- A huge fraud, as we've always known. 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ranald MacDougall’s THE WORLD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL randomcha.net/2020/09/27/3-t… 1 day ago
- Be honest: how much of this music have your heard in contemporary documentaries? It needs to end! youtu.be/AIxY_Y9TGWI 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ray Enright and Busby Berkeley’s DAMES randomcha.net/2020/09/26/3-t… 2 days ago
- Two nights ago I had a dream and in that dream I mixed up a cocktail, this exact recipe, and I tried it out last ni… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- THE WORLD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL is a film we ought to talk about more often. 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kogonada’s COLUMBUS randomcha.net/2020/09/24/3-t… 4 days ago
- RT @BurtonDiaries: 24 Sep 66 A little Monty Clift cult has started since his death. It would have been more useful when he was alive. He co… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: film noir
Phantom Lady  1. “You like jive? “You bet! I’m a hep kitten!” 2. The court proceedings are depicted using stenographer’s notes. 3. On a cabinet against the wall in his bedroom, a large white sculpture of two hands reaching … Continue reading
Gun Crazy  1. Russ Tamblyn, completely rain-drenched, lying in the street, looking up at the policeman. 2. Thick fog. Splashes. Voices. 3. Wearing a fur coat on a roller coaster. 3 other things.
5 Against the House  1. Cutting edge parking garage. 2. A $5 bet he’ll never collect. 3. Heavy petting while driving.
The Mob  1. John Marley as a union racketeer. 2. White wine and beer. 3. Bizarre ending in which our hero passionately kisses another man’s wife while the husband and his own girlfriend watch approvingly.
Nightfall  1. Sock stretchers. 2. Fleeing in a ball gown. 3. An imprint in the snow where the satchel used to be.
The Last Seduction  1. “Just go away.” “I haven’t finished charming you.” “You haven’t started.” 2. On top, in control, pounding the roof of the car. 3. Quickly wiping her fingerprints off the can of Mace.
City That Never Sleeps  1. “Come over here,” she says seductively. “I’ve been there,” he replies. 2. Long fter midnight. Mechanical Man performing in a storefront window to an empty street. 3. Beware the third rail.
The Hitch-Hiker  1. A bum eye that never closes. 2. He likes tomato soup. 3. The handcuffs cause him to panic.
Strange Impersonation  1. No more than 10cc’s. 2. Kindly plastic surgeon. 3. “But I couldn’t have murdered Nora Goodrich! I am Nora Goodrich!”
The Burglar  1. Two quarters. 2. He pays for his meal and leaves without taking a single bite. 3. “So buy it.”