Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Friday night with Tavernier. 1 hour ago
- Sweet burn. Watch it. twitter.com/atrupar/status… 2 hours ago
- The most heart-stopping line break you'll see today (from @Suntimes home page). https://t.co/auxKuIdqrJ 6 hours ago
- RT @jimsciutto: Dems seem to have outplayed GOP on the Covid delay. After the all-night reading, @ChrisVanHollen simply got up, proposed sh… 7 hours ago
- ROY’S WORLD wins Best Illinois Feature! randomcha.net/2021/03/04/roy… 1 day ago
- Another absurdly cool album from Numero Group. If only they released original music! Hard to think of a better home… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Leadership. As in, this is what it looks like. twitter.com/POTUS/status/1… 3 days ago
- 5 years ago I started making this weird thing that I still can't properly describe and now ... !!! https://t.co/AvdOH2La29 3 days ago
- This. THIS THIS THIS. It includes my mother, my brother, and plenty of other people who ought to know better but in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Jack Arnold’s THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN randomcha.net/2021/03/01/3-t… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: film noir
Crossfire  1. He’s a former cop from St. Louis. Four years on the East side. 2. Leroy stoops to pick up the pad of paper. The contempt on Montgomery’s face. 3. Incorrect address. 3 other things.
Intimidation  1. Beginning and ending with a train. 2. He slips on clear plastic galoshes. 3. Multiple receipts for counterfeit seals.
The Prowler  1. A dull library of his voice. 2. In the bedroom of the newlyweds, the sounds of traffic all night long. 3. Primitive generator. 3 other things.
Phantom Lady  1. “You like jive? “You bet! I’m a hep kitten!” 2. The court proceedings are depicted using stenographer’s notes. 3. On a cabinet against the wall in his bedroom, a large white sculpture of two hands reaching … Continue reading
Gun Crazy  1. Russ Tamblyn, completely rain-drenched, lying in the street, looking up at the policeman. 2. Thick fog. Splashes. Voices. 3. Wearing a fur coat on a roller coaster. 3 other things.
5 Against the House  1. Cutting edge parking garage. 2. A $5 bet he’ll never collect. 3. Heavy petting while driving.
The Mob  1. John Marley as a union racketeer. 2. White wine and beer. 3. Bizarre ending in which our hero passionately kisses another man’s wife while the husband and his own girlfriend watch approvingly.
Nightfall  1. Sock stretchers. 2. Fleeing in a ball gown. 3. An imprint in the snow where the satchel used to be.
The Last Seduction  1. “Just go away.” “I haven’t finished charming you.” “You haven’t started.” 2. On top, in control, pounding the roof of the car. 3. Quickly wiping her fingerprints off the can of Mace.
City That Never Sleeps  1. “Come over here,” she says seductively. “I’ve been there,” he replies. 2. Long fter midnight. Mechanical Man performing in a storefront window to an empty street. 3. Beware the third rail.