Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Leo McCarey’s MY SON JOHN randomcha.net/2021/05/15/3-t… 10 hours ago
- RT @FilmLinc: Happy Birthday, David Byrne! https://t.co/z0fviWu7WS 1 day ago
- RT @Scott_Heim: Four things I worship in early disco tracks: 1. frenetic congos 2. orgasmic background vocals 3. VIOLINS, preferably OVERDR… 3 days ago
- A true Chicago legend. twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Roy Andersson’s ABOUT ENDLESSNESS randomcha.net/2021/05/12/3-t… 3 days ago
- Ah, internet outage at home this morning means ... no work? 4 days ago
- 3 things about Quentin Tarantino’s PULP FICTION randomcha.net/2021/05/10/3-t… 5 days ago
- RT @kphipps3000: This creates a tremendous opening to bring back the Blockbuster Entertainment Awards. 5 days ago
- The equal of Dylan's "Nashville Skyline," which was being recorded at the same time at the same studio!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- 50% heartwarming/50% eerie. twitter.com/therealraywise… 6 days ago
Tag Archives: animation
Sita Sings the Blues  1. Squadron of flying eyeballs. 2. Heart flashes. 3. Subject line of his email: DUMPSVILLE.
Yellow Submarine  1. The number 18. 2. Clown alarm system. 3. “If you must shout, shout quietly.” 3 other things.
Isle of Dogs  1. Advanced Tooth-and-Tail Recognition Software. 2. Harvey Keitel howling. 3. Wasabi-poison.
Buñuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles  1. Chicken head insert shot. 2. “Death is lurking around every corner, but to make it appear you have to give it a nudge.” 3. Intercutting from animation to live action.
This is a still from Lilli Carré’s animated segment in Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago, which is narrated by Lili Taylor. You can read the story it’s based on at Chicagoist.
Arthur Christmas  1. “Converting milk and cookies to biofuel.” 2. Three pieces of sticky tape. 3. A really big map. Thank you Keith Phipps for the suggestion!
I am pleased to announce that animator Kevin Eskew has come onboard Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago. Alongside Lilli Carré’s work, his animation will help the Roy stories come to life. Originally hailing from Indianapolis, Kevin attended the Animation Program … Continue reading
Co-curated by Roy’s World animator Lilli Carré, the 2018 edition of Eyeworks Festival of Experimental Animation is right around the corner. And in three different time zones! First, on Nov. 3 at REDCAT in LA; then on Nov. 10 at … Continue reading
Return to Oz  1. Billina channeling Marjorie Main in the most delightful way. 2. The heads are all asleep. 3. Human eyes set inside a stone face. Not sure why I had never seen this before, but what a … Continue reading