Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @billmckibben: Working through Facebook, the Trump campaign in 2016 set out to deter 3.5 million Black Americans from voting. This is ug… 9 hours ago
- RT @marclamonthill: RT if you pay more in taxes than President Trump. 1 day ago
- A huge fraud, as we've always known. 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ranald MacDougall’s THE WORLD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL randomcha.net/2020/09/27/3-t… 1 day ago
- Be honest: how much of this music have your heard in contemporary documentaries? It needs to end! youtu.be/AIxY_Y9TGWI 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ray Enright and Busby Berkeley’s DAMES randomcha.net/2020/09/26/3-t… 2 days ago
- Two nights ago I had a dream and in that dream I mixed up a cocktail, this exact recipe, and I tried it out last ni… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- THE WORLD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL is a film we ought to talk about more often. 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kogonada’s COLUMBUS randomcha.net/2020/09/24/3-t… 4 days ago
- RT @BurtonDiaries: 24 Sep 66 A little Monty Clift cult has started since his death. It would have been more useful when he was alive. He co… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: animation
Yellow Submarine  1. The number 18. 2. Clown alarm system. 3. “If you must shout, shout quietly.” 3 other things.
Isle of Dogs  1. Advanced Tooth-and-Tail Recognition Software. 2. Harvey Keitel howling. 3. Wasabi-poison.
Buñuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles  1. Chicken head insert shot. 2. “Death is lurking around every corner, but to make it appear you have to give it a nudge.” 3. Intercutting from animation to live action.
This is a still from Lilli Carré’s animated segment in Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago, which is narrated by Lili Taylor. You can read the story it’s based on at Chicagoist.
Arthur Christmas  1. “Converting milk and cookies to biofuel.” 2. Three pieces of sticky tape. 3. A really big map. Thank you Keith Phipps for the suggestion!
I am pleased to announce that animator Kevin Eskew has come onboard Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago. Alongside Lilli Carré’s work, his animation will help the Roy stories come to life. Originally hailing from Indianapolis, Kevin attended the Animation Program … Continue reading
Co-curated by Roy’s World animator Lilli Carré, the 2018 edition of Eyeworks Festival of Experimental Animation is right around the corner. And in three different time zones! First, on Nov. 3 at REDCAT in LA; then on Nov. 10 at … Continue reading
Return to Oz  1. Billina channeling Marjorie Main in the most delightful way. 2. The heads are all asleep. 3. Human eyes set inside a stone face. Not sure why I had never seen this before, but what a … Continue reading
Since Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago is centered on childhood and what it’s like to see the world from a child’s point of view, it seemed entirely fitting to include animation. So I am thrilled to announce that artist Lilli Carré … Continue reading
Naqoyqatsi  1. Ted Turner and Donald Trump. 2. Painting morph sequence. 3. Bringing pizza to the table. 3 other things.