Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Friday night with Tavernier. 2 hours ago
- Sweet burn. Watch it. twitter.com/atrupar/status… 3 hours ago
- The most heart-stopping line break you'll see today (from @Suntimes home page). https://t.co/auxKuIdqrJ 7 hours ago
- RT @jimsciutto: Dems seem to have outplayed GOP on the Covid delay. After the all-night reading, @ChrisVanHollen simply got up, proposed sh… 8 hours ago
- ROY’S WORLD wins Best Illinois Feature! randomcha.net/2021/03/04/roy… 1 day ago
- Another absurdly cool album from Numero Group. If only they released original music! Hard to think of a better home… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Leadership. As in, this is what it looks like. twitter.com/POTUS/status/1… 3 days ago
- 5 years ago I started making this weird thing that I still can't properly describe and now ... !!! https://t.co/AvdOH2La29 3 days ago
- This. THIS THIS THIS. It includes my mother, my brother, and plenty of other people who ought to know better but in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Jack Arnold’s THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN randomcha.net/2021/03/01/3-t… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: animation
Sita Sings the Blues  1. Squadron of flying eyeballs. 2. Heart flashes. 3. Subject line of his email: DUMPSVILLE.
Yellow Submarine  1. The number 18. 2. Clown alarm system. 3. “If you must shout, shout quietly.” 3 other things.
Isle of Dogs  1. Advanced Tooth-and-Tail Recognition Software. 2. Harvey Keitel howling. 3. Wasabi-poison.
Buñuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles  1. Chicken head insert shot. 2. “Death is lurking around every corner, but to make it appear you have to give it a nudge.” 3. Intercutting from animation to live action.
This is a still from Lilli Carré’s animated segment in Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago, which is narrated by Lili Taylor. You can read the story it’s based on at Chicagoist.
Arthur Christmas  1. “Converting milk and cookies to biofuel.” 2. Three pieces of sticky tape. 3. A really big map. Thank you Keith Phipps for the suggestion!
I am pleased to announce that animator Kevin Eskew has come onboard Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago. Alongside Lilli Carré’s work, his animation will help the Roy stories come to life. Originally hailing from Indianapolis, Kevin attended the Animation Program … Continue reading
Co-curated by Roy’s World animator Lilli Carré, the 2018 edition of Eyeworks Festival of Experimental Animation is right around the corner. And in three different time zones! First, on Nov. 3 at REDCAT in LA; then on Nov. 10 at … Continue reading
Return to Oz  1. Billina channeling Marjorie Main in the most delightful way. 2. The heads are all asleep. 3. Human eyes set inside a stone face. Not sure why I had never seen this before, but what a … Continue reading