Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- I'm one of many filmmakers whose finished film is just sort of...in suspended animation because of the pandemic. It… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 3 things about James Mangold’s FORD V FERRARI randomcha.net/2020/07/14/3-t… 1 day ago
- Thelma Ritter, obviously. Also Phillip Baker Hall and Bill Duke and Cherri Jones. twitter.com/AlishaGrauso/s… 1 day ago
- I appreciate each tiny bit of joy nowadays. twitter.com/bellwak/status… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Justin Pemberton’s CAPITAL IN THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY randomcha.net/2020/07/13/3-t… 2 days ago
- True story: one evening when I was in college, working at Blockbuster Video on North Ave. in Old Town, he came in a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- GET OFF YOUR CAN, PEOPLE! twitter.com/BlockClubCHI/s… 2 days ago
- This documentary is now more important than ever. History repeating. twitter.com/CookedTheFilm/… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Gordon Douglas’s LADY IN CEMENT randomcha.net/2020/07/12/3-t… 3 days ago
- RT @DrJamesJBailey: Petitioning to have Susan Sontag’s ‘Notes on Camp’ replaced on all university reading lists with this Lauren Bacall cof… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: superheroes
Batman Returns  1. What is Jan Hooks doing in this movie? I don’t know, but for about 45 seconds while she’s onscreen everything comes alive. 2. In neon, HELL HERE. 3. Penguin pallbearers. Blech.
Logan  1. He admonishes the nurses not to view them as children. 2. Going to the bathroom. 3. A grass shroud.
Black Panther  1. A hidden casino redolent of the one in Skyfall. 2. Only the driver’s seat and steering wheel intact. 3. Battle rhinos.
Justice League  1. “Millions of dollars of structural damage, nice to see you haven’t lost your touch.” 2. The Lasso of Truth is comedy gold. 3. Devoured by his own fear.
Wonder Woman  1. “I’m both frightened and aroused.” 2. A brief vision of earth without humans. 3. In the last crowd scene, there’s something that bothers me about Etta and Diana appearing in public without wearing a hat. Victory … Continue reading
Superman: Extended Cut  1. Feeding the babies. 2. Rex Reed. 3. Water returns to the desert.
Wonder Woman  1. “What is that?” Long pause. “It’s a watch.” 2. She takes on the challenge of a revolving door. 3. He looks up and notices the point of her sword sticking through the roof. Wow. Splendid. They … Continue reading
Hulk  1. A succession of conveniently stretchy pants. 2. “Bingo, your parking lot is ready.” 3. Hand becoming metal.
Superman  1. “He will need that advantage to survive.” 2. Pink. 3. Dirty pantsuit.
Man of Steel  1. Shirtless and flaming hot, literally. 2. In front a stained glass window in a church. Real subtle. 3. Headgrind across the side of a skyscraper.