Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- You know, he's got something here. (But since I always include a dash of orange bitters, does that make me decadent… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- Obsessed with Aaron Frazer's new album. 21 hours ago
- Solid choice. Till then though someone needs to put this on home video. Altman's most underseen film? twitter.com/afterglow2046/… 21 hours ago
- RT @itskylelucas: I love the Brown Line 🤎🚇🤎 https://t.co/cuS4Fr9xmf 22 hours ago
- 3 things about George Clooney’s THE MIDNIGHT SKY randomcha.net/2021/01/16/3-t… 1 day ago
- One more reason Biden and the other grownups can't get into position fast enough. twitter.com/StevenTDennis/… 1 day ago
- "Oh Mary...even if you're both miserable...that's the only way you're going to be happy!" Love this show. https://t.co/U9cUxe5hVL 2 days ago
- Overhead Old Fashioned. https://t.co/I6I8HcJ31U 2 days ago
- 3 things about Chris Bolan’s A SECRET LOVE randomcha.net/2021/01/14/3-t… 3 days ago
- Can you believe this shit? twitter.com/kylegriffin1/s… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: jimmy stewart
It’s a Wonderful Life  1. Mr. Gower’s voice is the first we hear. 2. Fifty cents on the dollar. 3. “Yeah, yeah yeah, soybeans, yeah.” 3 other things.
The Man Who Knew Too Much  1. Closeup of Jimmy Stewart, his bloodshot blue eyes. 2. The shop assistants hastily move the animals out of harm’s way. 3. The dignitaries bristle at her shrill voice. 3 other things.
Rear Window  1. “Of course, they can do the same thing to me. Watch me like a bug under a glass if they want to.” 2. Engle Hand Laundry. 3. A Montrachet wine. 3 other things.
Rope  1. Namedropping James Mason, Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman. 2. Dropping the rope into the kitchen drawer. 3. “Cat and mouse, cat and mouse, who’s the cat and who’s the mouse!” 3 other things.
Winchester ’73  1. “Are we going to quarrel?” he asks wearily. 2. Time for a quick cup of coffee before the attack. 3. Rock Hudson as an Indian chief, Tony Curtis as a cavalry soldier!
The Glenn Miller Story  1. A film from the 50s with two sympathetic Jewish characters! 2. Multicolored lights at Connie’s Inn. Psychedelic Louis Armstrong. 3. Slow dissolve from her face to the foggy runway.
After the Thin Man  1. “Are you packing?” “Yes. Just putting away this liquor.” He empties the glass in a swallow. 2. A rolled up carpet standing on its end in the hallway. 3. “I wanted to see you … Continue reading
It’s a Wonderful Life  1. A butterfly collection displayed on the wall of the dining room. 2. Burt gives the newlyweds a bottle of champagne. It’s during Prohibition! 3. Mr. Gower wears newspapers under his shirt to keep warm. … Continue reading
The Shop Around the Corner  1. Her gloved hand inside the empty post office box. 2. A cacophony of cigarette boxes. 3. The way he tactfully gleans if anyone is without plans for Christmas Eve. Frank Morgan FTW.
Anatomy of a Murder  1. Matching cigarette lighters. 2. Blocking his sightline. 3. He advises her to keep the girdle. This film gets better and better. 3 other things.