Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @nomadicmatt: What trip did COVID put on hold for you? 7 hours ago
- RT @musicboxtheatre: This Thursday at 7pm, FIRST COW comes to the Music Box Virtual Cinema! For One Night Only, you can watch the acclaime… 7 hours ago
- There really is no balm more healing than an ice cold martini. 8 hours ago
- 3 things about David Swift’s HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING randomcha.net/2020/07/07/3-t… 15 hours ago
- RT @mmpadellan: The Electoral College is worthless and should be abolished. Raise your hand if you agree. 🖐️ 1 day ago
- 3 things about John Badham’s WARGAMES randomcha.net/2020/07/06/3-t… 1 day ago
- Man with a Harmonica. Unsurpassed, really. #RIPMorricone 1 day ago
- This holiday weekend I saw 3 films offering a composite portrait of America: WARGAMES, HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Thursday, July 9 ONLY: watch the new Kelly Reichardt film while supporting @musicboxtheatre--win/win watch.eventive.org/musicbox/play/… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kirsten Johnson’s CAMERAPERSON randomcha.net/2020/07/05/3-t… 2 days ago
Tag Archives: jimmy stewart
The Man Who Knew Too Much  1. Closeup of Jimmy Stewart, his bloodshot blue eyes. 2. The shop assistants hastily move the animals out of harm’s way. 3. The dignitaries bristle at her shrill voice. 3 other things.
Rear Window  1. “Of course, they can do the same thing to me. Watch me like a bug under a glass if they want to.” 2. Engle Hand Laundry. 3. A Montrachet wine. 3 other things.
Rope  1. Namedropping James Mason, Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman. 2. Dropping the rope into the kitchen drawer. 3. “Cat and mouse, cat and mouse, who’s the cat and who’s the mouse!” 3 other things.
Winchester ’73  1. “Are we going to quarrel?” he asks wearily. 2. Time for a quick cup of coffee before the attack. 3. Rock Hudson as an Indian chief, Tony Curtis as a cavalry soldier!
The Glenn Miller Story  1. A film from the 50s with two sympathetic Jewish characters! 2. Multicolored lights at Connie’s Inn. Psychedelic Louis Armstrong. 3. Slow dissolve from her face to the foggy runway.
After the Thin Man  1. “Are you packing?” “Yes. Just putting away this liquor.” He empties the glass in a swallow. 2. A rolled up carpet standing on its end in the hallway. 3. “I wanted to see you … Continue reading
It’s a Wonderful Life  1. A butterfly collection displayed on the wall of the dining room. 2. Burt gives the newlyweds a bottle of champagne. It’s during Prohibition! 3. Mr. Gower wears newspapers under his shirt to keep warm. … Continue reading
The Shop Around the Corner  1. Her gloved hand inside the empty post office box. 2. A cacophony of cigarette boxes. 3. The way he tactfully gleans if anyone is without plans for Christmas Eve. Frank Morgan FTW.
Anatomy of a Murder  1. Matching cigarette lighters. 2. Blocking his sightline. 3. He advises her to keep the girdle. This film gets better and better. 3 other things.
Call Northside 777  1. Opening narration: “In 1932 there were 365 murders in Chicago, one for each day of the year. Eight policemen were shot down in the line of duty.” In 2015, there were 488 homicides in Chicago. … Continue reading