Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Support libraries! twitter.com/ALALibrary/sta… 32 minutes ago
- 3 things about John Huston’s THE AFRICAN QUEEN randomcha.net/2022/01/22/3-t… 5 hours ago
- 3 things about Walt Disney’s PETER PAN randomcha.net/2022/01/21/3-t… 1 day ago
- Now that Lost Lake is no more, new cocktail challenge? twitter.com/70s_party/stat… 1 day ago
- Offering support to my fellow filmmakers whose work isn't screening at S'dance, thereby ensuring that no one will g… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Guillermo del Toro’s NIGHTMARE ALLEY randomcha.net/2022/01/20/3-t… 2 days ago
- I can honestly say I wouldn't be a filmmaker today had I not seen Twin Peaks at the age of 13. twitter.com/BlackLCult/sta… 2 days ago
- Take note @DanielDKraus you're gonna have some competition ... twitter.com/BethMorrey/sta… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Anthony Powell’s ANTARCTICA: A YEAR ON ICE randomcha.net/2022/01/19/3-t… 3 days ago
- I know some writerly folks are on the lookout for a new job, and here's one you'd love! Let me know if you need mor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: jimmy stewart
It’s a Wonderful Life  1. Mr. Gower’s voice is the first we hear. 2. Fifty cents on the dollar. 3. “Yeah, yeah yeah, soybeans, yeah.” 3 other things.
The Man Who Knew Too Much  1. Closeup of Jimmy Stewart, his bloodshot blue eyes. 2. The shop assistants hastily move the animals out of harm’s way. 3. The dignitaries bristle at her shrill voice. 3 other things.
Rear Window  1. “Of course, they can do the same thing to me. Watch me like a bug under a glass if they want to.” 2. Engle Hand Laundry. 3. A Montrachet wine. 3 other things.
Rope  1. Namedropping James Mason, Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman. 2. Dropping the rope into the kitchen drawer. 3. “Cat and mouse, cat and mouse, who’s the cat and who’s the mouse!” 3 other things.
Winchester ’73  1. “Are we going to quarrel?” he asks wearily. 2. Time for a quick cup of coffee before the attack. 3. Rock Hudson as an Indian chief, Tony Curtis as a cavalry soldier!
The Glenn Miller Story  1. A film from the 50s with two sympathetic Jewish characters! 2. Multicolored lights at Connie’s Inn. Psychedelic Louis Armstrong. 3. Slow dissolve from her face to the foggy runway.
After the Thin Man  1. “Are you packing?” “Yes. Just putting away this liquor.” He empties the glass in a swallow. 2. A rolled up carpet standing on its end in the hallway. 3. “I wanted to see you … Continue reading
It’s a Wonderful Life  1. A butterfly collection displayed on the wall of the dining room. 2. Burt gives the newlyweds a bottle of champagne. It’s during Prohibition! 3. Mr. Gower wears newspapers under his shirt to keep warm. … Continue reading
The Shop Around the Corner  1. Her gloved hand inside the empty post office box. 2. A cacophony of cigarette boxes. 3. The way he tactfully gleans if anyone is without plans for Christmas Eve. Frank Morgan FTW.
Anatomy of a Murder  1. Matching cigarette lighters. 2. Blocking his sightline. 3. He advises her to keep the girdle. This film gets better and better. 3 other things.