Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- tfw you can't decide what to watch and then say hey why don't I watch LAURA for the hundredth time 3 hours ago
- 3 things about Michael Anderson’s LOGAN’S RUN randomcha.net/2022/01/27/3-t… 7 hours ago
- If memory serves, I was in Honolulu :) twitter.com/53viroqua/stat… 1 day ago
- NAQOYQASTI perhaps... twitter.com/daveloach2/sta… 2 days ago
- To paraphrase Francis Urquhart, muckraking only happens when there is muck to rake. twitter.com/nytimes/status… 2 days ago
- Michael Shannon is a goldarn treasure. chicagomag.com/chicago-magazi… 3 days ago
- Later, during opening weekend in Chicago, I went to see it twice on Friday and once on Saturday. One of the most hy… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @chi_streets: For far too long alderpeople have accepted the sad reality of reporting uncleared sidewalks to 311 and uphold the status q… 3 days ago
- Congrats! ALA knows quality when we see it. twitter.com/DavidWondrich/… 3 days ago
- Tom Hanks is great. 3 days ago
Tag Archives: 007
No Time to Die  1. “My sense of timing.” 2. Logan Ash is described by Felix as a political appointee. Nice touch. 3. Poison garden.
Spectre  1. Only Blofeld gets his own microphone. 2. A kite dancing in a hurricane. 3. M’s bulldog on his desk. 3 other things.
Skyfall  1. “Are you sure this is about M?” 2. Mouth movement to get his teeth back in place. 3. Literally blowing up his childhood home. 3 other things.
Quantum of Solace  1. Full-sized refrigerator behind the bar. 2. A surprise deal for 60% of the water supply. 3. Walking barefoot through the desert. 3 other things.
Casino Royale  1. Vesper is also an orphan. 2. “My friend, bring me one as well, keep the fruit.” That’s a mistake; the lemon peel is essential. 3. The shower scene is basically captured in a single take. 3 other … Continue reading
Die Another Day  1. A low point of the series: the opening credits sequence is an extended torture fantasy. 2. Before the dive, a quick wink. 3. “I think I broke her heart.” After a comprehensive rewatch of every … Continue reading
The World Is Not Enough  1. Tumbling down the roof of the Millennium Dome. 2. “I came prepared for a cold reception.” 3. Cutaway office. 3 other things.
Tomorrow Never Dies  1. “You always were a cunning linguist, James.” 2. The women with the enigmatic smile whose Hong Kong apartment their motorbike crashes through the roof of. 3. Carver gets carved. You’ve gotta have a soft spot … Continue reading
GoldenEye  1. Q’s lunch. 2. “No more foreplay.” 3. Clicky pen. 3 other things.
Licence to Kill  1. Parachuting into the wedding. 2. Bond and Q share a bedroom. 3. Felix seems to have completely gotten over the death of his wife. In the bottom five worst 007 films. 3 other things.