Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @nomadicmatt: What trip did COVID put on hold for you? 6 hours ago
- RT @musicboxtheatre: This Thursday at 7pm, FIRST COW comes to the Music Box Virtual Cinema! For One Night Only, you can watch the acclaime… 6 hours ago
- There really is no balm more healing than an ice cold martini. 7 hours ago
- 3 things about David Swift’s HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING randomcha.net/2020/07/07/3-t… 15 hours ago
- RT @mmpadellan: The Electoral College is worthless and should be abolished. Raise your hand if you agree. 🖐️ 1 day ago
- 3 things about John Badham’s WARGAMES randomcha.net/2020/07/06/3-t… 1 day ago
- Man with a Harmonica. Unsurpassed, really. #RIPMorricone 1 day ago
- This holiday weekend I saw 3 films offering a composite portrait of America: WARGAMES, HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Thursday, July 9 ONLY: watch the new Kelly Reichardt film while supporting @musicboxtheatre--win/win watch.eventive.org/musicbox/play/… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kirsten Johnson’s CAMERAPERSON randomcha.net/2020/07/05/3-t… 2 days ago
Author Archives: robchristopher
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying  1. In the mailroom, a 3M box. (3M also provided the office machines seen in the film.) 2. Pom pom stitch. 3. On a shelf in his office: a Pyrex catalog. … Continue reading
WarGames  1. “A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.” 2. A kiss on the ferry. 3. He ruffles David’s hair, smiles at the group, awkwardly walks away. And then immediately gets fired offscreen?
Cameraperson  1. He needs oxygen. There is no oxygen. 2. Cut from the receptacle of ashes to her mother, still living. 3. She asks about the woman’s sense of personal style.
In a Year with 13 Moons  1. A beer and a shot of bitters. 2. The A1 password is Bergen-Belsen. 3. Spitting three times over her left shoulder.
Ad Astra  1. Freaking out in the Comfort Room. 2. Wispy purple rings. 3. Okay, I can buy someone resorting to hand-to-hand combat with a knife. But no professional astronaut would fire a gun at someone from long range … Continue reading
The Sacrifice  1. The candles, the plates, the wine. 2. A coin falls out of his pocket and rolls along the hardwood floor. 3. Finally, a collapse.
Le Boucher  1. Serene yoga. 2. “I would say nothing. But please don’t.” 3. Expressionlessly she watches the flashing red elevator signal.
The Boy with Green Hair  1. Passed around from household to household. 2. Cro-Magnon emo: a tear on his cheek, half shaved head, tufts of his shorn green hair. 3. “Remember us as having died with millions of other … Continue reading
You Don’t Nomi  1. Twin totems of chips and nails. 2. “I’m so excited! I’m so excited! I’m so–scared.” 3. Gina Gershon played it like a drag queen.
Showgirls  1. Porpoise orgasm. 2. “I have a pussy problem.” 3. Last chance for ice. Utter garbage that accurately conveys what it’s like to spend an extended period of time in Las Vegas.