Enter ROY’S WORLD
Join 1,074 other followers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- nicholas ray
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Hyde Park, here we come! youtube.com/watch?feature=… randomcha.net/2022/09/25/hyd… 9 hours ago
- 3 things about Brett Morgen’s MOONAGE DAYDREAM randomcha.net/2022/09/25/3-t… 9 hours ago
- 3 things about W.S. Van Dyke’s PENTHOUSE randomcha.net/2022/09/25/3-t… 9 hours ago
- As a documentary filmmaker, this is disturbing for all sorts of reasons. If we won't allow filmmakers to harness th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- 3 things about Sam Wood’s WHIPSAW randomcha.net/2022/09/24/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @jim_laczkowski: Smile (2022) https://t.co/C6m2whCbPA 1 day ago
- Now that it's autumn I am reupping this! twitter.com/randomcha/stat… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Nicholas Ray’s REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE randomcha.net/2022/09/23/3-t… 2 days ago
- #NowPlaying "Blue And Sentimental" by Ike Quebec on @TIDAL tidal.com/browse/track/7… 2 days ago
- Las Piñatas, in Old Town. Sigh. Those chips, that salsa. Enchiladas Norteno. Damn good margaritas. twitter.com/TimeOutChicago… 4 days ago
Author Archives: robchristopher
That’s right, Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago is coming to the South Side! I’ll be there in person for the Q & A. Hope you can make it: Friday, October 7, 2022 – 7:00pm The University of Chicago Film Studies … Continue reading
Moonage Daydream  1. “Everything is rubbish and all rubbish is wonderful.”2. The only collaborator that Bowie namechecks personally is Brian Eno.3. Pepsi with Tina Turner.
Penthouse  1. “Oh, I’ve been stupid. Very stupid.” “Of course. You’re a man.” 2. He clutches his stomach and blood spurts out from between his fingers. 3. Sugar in her coffee.
Whipsaw  1. “You act like I’m a cripple or an interior decorator.” 2. He quickly brushes dirt from the windowsill onto her face. 3. She explains that the beauty parlor didn’t meet her standards.
Rebel Without a Cause  1. His kick leaves marks on the side of the desk. 2. Rotting life-preservers in the bottom of the pool. 3. “Stand up, Jim. I’ll stand up with you. Let me try to be as … Continue reading
After Hours  1. “Not a lot of scars.” 2. “There’s certain things that I will not do. I’m telling you in advance.” 3. “That’s June. She’s always here.” 3 other things.
Report to the Commissioner  1. Bob Balaban as a double amputee. 2. Carol Channing billboard. 3. Sweaty elevator.
RRR  1. Dance-off. 2. Snake-fling. “No animals were harmed in the making of this film” disclaimer. 3. Blocks-of-stone-stretch.
Destiny  1. Swiss on Rye and a beer. 2. The trees bend in front of him, blocking his way. 3. Troublesome bear, which we never see.
Flesh and Fantasy  1. Mask shop—an inspiration for Eyes Wide Shut? 2. His reflection laughs at him. 3. Her unusual earrings.