Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- I'm real proud of this! twitter.com/splittoothmedi… 4 hours ago
- 3 things about John Huston’s THE MISFITS randomcha.net/2022/07/05/3-t… 23 hours ago
- I sure wish I could be there! Could you go in my stead and let me know what you think? twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kiyoshi Kurosawa’s PULSE randomcha.net/2022/07/04/3-t… 2 days ago
- Happy Independence Day! twitter.com/backwards_rive… 2 days ago
- 3 things about David Cronenberg’s CRIMES OF THE FUTURE randomcha.net/2022/07/03/3-t… 3 days ago
- Possibly my favorite moment in the new Cronenberg? "Careful. Don't spill." 3 days ago
- I can never unsee this picture. twitter.com/Trendane/statu… 3 days ago
- Celebrating the long summer weekend by finally watching CRIMES OF THE FUTURE at @musicboxtheatre. Need some feel good entertainment. 4 days ago
- Time to finally watch PULSE. 4 days ago
Author Archives: robchristopher
The X Files: I Want to Believe  1. Dirty glass. 2. Another chase scene at a construction site. 3. Severed head in a cooler bag.
Heat Lightning  1. “You go your way, and we’ll go the way of all flesh.” 2. She proffers her face for a kiss and he complies unenthusiastically. 3. A guitar and a voice and the heat lightning in the … Continue reading
Top of the Heap  1. Racist taxi driver played by Allen Garfield. 2. Moon landing rehearsal. 3. Spiro T. Agnew, golfing giant.
The Great McGinty  1. A crowd of 75,000 at the baseball game. 2. “Got a new suit.” “It looks more like the suit got you.” 3. Destroying dishes in the dark. 3 other things.
Waterman  1. When Duke Paoa Kahanamoku arrived in Australia, he didn’t have a board with him. So he carved a new one himself. 2. He was the best … until Johnny Weissmuller came along. 3. Taking a nap under … Continue reading
Porco Rosso  1. Secret meeting in a movie theatre. 2. “I’d rather be a pig than a fascist.” 3. The graceful way in which we are shown that his curse has been lifted.
Jabberwocky  1. The most gruesome PG-rated film ever? 2. Herald’s tuneless trumpet. 3. Destroying the production line.
Benediction  1. His mother asks him, “Is he another of your pretty young men?” 2. A lifeless battlefield intrudes upon the hearth. 3. Distinctive purple scarf.
A Room with a View  1. After inhaling the Florentine scent, she lifts her handkerchief to her nose. 2. Mr. Beebe’s balls. 3. “My father says there is only one perfect view, and that’s the view of the sky … Continue reading
Red Desert  1. “There’s something terrible about reality, and I don’t know what it is. And nobody will tell me.” 2. She wants to sell ceramics, though she doesn’t know a thing about them. 3. Poisonous yellow smoke.