Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Friday night with Tavernier. 1 hour ago
- Sweet burn. Watch it. twitter.com/atrupar/status… 2 hours ago
- The most heart-stopping line break you'll see today (from @Suntimes home page). https://t.co/auxKuIdqrJ 6 hours ago
- RT @jimsciutto: Dems seem to have outplayed GOP on the Covid delay. After the all-night reading, @ChrisVanHollen simply got up, proposed sh… 7 hours ago
- ROY’S WORLD wins Best Illinois Feature! randomcha.net/2021/03/04/roy… 1 day ago
- Another absurdly cool album from Numero Group. If only they released original music! Hard to think of a better home… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Leadership. As in, this is what it looks like. twitter.com/POTUS/status/1… 3 days ago
- 5 years ago I started making this weird thing that I still can't properly describe and now ... !!! https://t.co/AvdOH2La29 3 days ago
- This. THIS THIS THIS. It includes my mother, my brother, and plenty of other people who ought to know better but in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Jack Arnold’s THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN randomcha.net/2021/03/01/3-t… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: Chicagoist
That’s how many I wrote under my own name, and there are many others I wrote (including several collaborations) that were posted by someone else. The first post I wrote for Chicagoist was in 2006 (about, ugh, The Bachelor: Rome) … Continue reading
In 2009 Chicagoist posted “The Starving Dogs of Little Croatia,” a newly written Christmas story by Barry. Seven years later and the annual tradition continues with “Role Models.” (It just might be included in my documentary!) Enjoy.
The ninth story in Chicagoist’s series of new stories by Barry Gifford just went online. Read the whole lot at Fridays with Roy. The series concludes next Friday with his annual Christmas story.
Here’s a new Halloween story from Barry Gifford: “Dark and Black and Strange.” Check out the other stories in the Fridays with Roy series.
The Fridays with Roy series continues with “Creeps.”
I’m really proud of this. I just edited a series for Chicagoist called “Fridays with Roy,” ten weeks of new stories by Barry Gifford. And when I say new, I mean most of them were written over the summer. The … Continue reading
Over at Chicagoist, I review the new documentary about Saturday Night Live. Bottom line? It’s rather shallow and cursory, and doesn’t do justice to its subject. Entertaining? Yes. But you’re better off staying home and rewatching the 40th anniversary special.
“It’s that sort of conversation across the decades that has really interested me, now, as I finish the film.”
Pause of the Clock received a nice writeup on Chicagoist. Check it out!
AMOUR BEFORE MIDNIGHT BLUE JASMINE COMPUTER CHESS DOUBLE PLAY: JAMES BENNING AND RICHARD LINKLATER GRAVITY LIKE SOMEONE IN LOVE THE PERVERT’S GUIDE TO IDEOLOGY PORTRAIT OF JASON 12 YEARS A SLAVE Additional annotation over at Chicagoist.
Mother of George is too beautiful for its own good. My review.