Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- tfw you can't decide what to watch and then say hey why don't I watch LAURA for the hundredth time 1 hour ago
- 3 things about Michael Anderson’s LOGAN’S RUN randomcha.net/2022/01/27/3-t… 6 hours ago
- If memory serves, I was in Honolulu :) twitter.com/53viroqua/stat… 1 day ago
- NAQOYQASTI perhaps... twitter.com/daveloach2/sta… 2 days ago
- To paraphrase Francis Urquhart, muckraking only happens when there is muck to rake. twitter.com/nytimes/status… 2 days ago
- Michael Shannon is a goldarn treasure. chicagomag.com/chicago-magazi… 3 days ago
- Later, during opening weekend in Chicago, I went to see it twice on Friday and once on Saturday. One of the most hy… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @chi_streets: For far too long alderpeople have accepted the sad reality of reporting uncleared sidewalks to 311 and uphold the status q… 3 days ago
- Congrats! ALA knows quality when we see it. twitter.com/DavidWondrich/… 3 days ago
- Tom Hanks is great. 3 days ago
Tag Archives: Chicagoist
That’s how many I wrote under my own name, and there are many others I wrote (including several collaborations) that were posted by someone else. The first post I wrote for Chicagoist was in 2006 (about, ugh, The Bachelor: Rome) … Continue reading
In 2009 Chicagoist posted “The Starving Dogs of Little Croatia,” a newly written Christmas story by Barry. Seven years later and the annual tradition continues with “Role Models.” (It just might be included in my documentary!) Enjoy.
The ninth story in Chicagoist’s series of new stories by Barry Gifford just went online. Read the whole lot at Fridays with Roy. The series concludes next Friday with his annual Christmas story.
Here’s a new Halloween story from Barry Gifford: “Dark and Black and Strange.” Check out the other stories in the Fridays with Roy series.
The Fridays with Roy series continues with “Creeps.”
I’m really proud of this. I just edited a series for Chicagoist called “Fridays with Roy,” ten weeks of new stories by Barry Gifford. And when I say new, I mean most of them were written over the summer. The … Continue reading
Over at Chicagoist, I review the new documentary about Saturday Night Live. Bottom line? It’s rather shallow and cursory, and doesn’t do justice to its subject. Entertaining? Yes. But you’re better off staying home and rewatching the 40th anniversary special.
“It’s that sort of conversation across the decades that has really interested me, now, as I finish the film.”
Pause of the Clock received a nice writeup on Chicagoist. Check it out!
AMOUR BEFORE MIDNIGHT BLUE JASMINE COMPUTER CHESS DOUBLE PLAY: JAMES BENNING AND RICHARD LINKLATER GRAVITY LIKE SOMEONE IN LOVE THE PERVERT’S GUIDE TO IDEOLOGY PORTRAIT OF JASON 12 YEARS A SLAVE Additional annotation over at Chicagoist.
Mother of George is too beautiful for its own good. My review.