Enter ROY’S WORLD
July 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Price gouging amidst a pandemic, enabled by this fucking administration. Screw them all. twitter.com/theintercept/s… 6 hours ago
- RT @AshcanPress: I have a Carl Reiner story that I hold very dear to me. I figured I'd share it today, on the day of his passing, because I… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Rainer Werner Fassbinder’s IN A YEAR WITH 13 MOONS randomcha.net/2020/06/30/3-t… 1 day ago
- Amidst a crappy day, here's a genuine ray of joy. twitter.com/MetroBrewing/s… 1 day ago
- Sigh. From the owner of my local indie used bookstore. These are the kinds of wrenching decisions a lot of folks ar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- So fucking pathetic and dangerous. twitter.com/FlicklundTweet… 1 day ago
- I am so on board with this film (or any Ozon film TBH). twitter.com/francois_ozon/… 2 days ago
- Cruel and unusual punishment. twitter.com/coopercooperco… 3 days ago
- 3 things about James Gray’s AD ASTRA randomcha.net/2020/06/28/3-t… 3 days ago
- RT @larwoolf: “Hope for the Best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.” Happy birthday 94th birthday ! #MelBrooks https://t… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: Christmas
Night of the Comet  1. “Reggie, I’m not giving you $15 for making it with me.” 2. Carsick without her bunny. 3. Throwing all the guns away. 3 other things.
Remember the Night  1. On the other side of the doorway, bottomless gloom. 2. “You made me understand.” “No, dear. It was love that made you understand.” 3. She casts aside her flimsy nightdress. 3 other things.
The Man Who Came to Dinner  1. Her tiny little winter hat. 2. “Say something tender.” “Beverly, darling.” 3. “You still got ants in your glance.” 3 other things.
Black Christmas  1. CU hockey mask. 2. “It’s a new exchange.” 3. He grabs her by the hair.
The Miracle of Morgan’s Creek  1. Walking through the screen door. 2. Zipperpuss. 3. She replies at lightning speed, while stuttering: “K-O-C-K-E-N-L-O-C-K-E-R.”
Batman Returns  1. What is Jan Hooks doing in this movie? I don’t know, but for about 45 seconds while she’s onscreen everything comes alive. 2. In neon, HELL HERE. 3. Penguin pallbearers. Blech.
Arthur Christmas  1. “Converting milk and cookies to biofuel.” 2. Three pieces of sticky tape. 3. A really big map. Thank you Keith Phipps for the suggestion!
Christmas Twister  1. CHRISTAMS TWISTER. The film’s misspelled title card is the most shocking thing of all. 2. They just stand there and watch Bryan die! That’s no way to get him to ask you out on a date! … Continue reading
Love Actually  1. Hearty rendition of “Good King Wenceslas.” 2. “Now, which doll shall we give Daisy’s little friend Emily? The one that looks like a transvestite or the one that looks like a dominatrix?” 3. He encourages his … Continue reading
Carol  1. Flung out of space. 2. No bullets. 3. A long pause. “No, I don’t think so.” 3 other things.