Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Leo McCarey’s MY SON JOHN randomcha.net/2021/05/15/3-t… 9 hours ago
- RT @FilmLinc: Happy Birthday, David Byrne! https://t.co/z0fviWu7WS 1 day ago
- RT @Scott_Heim: Four things I worship in early disco tracks: 1. frenetic congos 2. orgasmic background vocals 3. VIOLINS, preferably OVERDR… 3 days ago
- A true Chicago legend. twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Roy Andersson’s ABOUT ENDLESSNESS randomcha.net/2021/05/12/3-t… 3 days ago
- Ah, internet outage at home this morning means ... no work? 4 days ago
- 3 things about Quentin Tarantino’s PULP FICTION randomcha.net/2021/05/10/3-t… 5 days ago
- RT @kphipps3000: This creates a tremendous opening to bring back the Blockbuster Entertainment Awards. 5 days ago
- The equal of Dylan's "Nashville Skyline," which was being recorded at the same time at the same studio!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- 50% heartwarming/50% eerie. twitter.com/therealraywise… 6 days ago
Tag Archives: John Huston
Freud  1. “I’m not falling asleep. I’m gathering my strength. Sit down, and don’t interrupt me.” 2. False memories. 3. A scar just below his jawline, not hidden by his beard.
Under the Volcano  1. An old Indian woman playing dominoes with a chicken. 2. He endures a very brief shower and then submits to a shave. 3. The neatly printed business card.
The Kremlin Letter  1. George Sanders removes his wig and false eyelashes after a scintillating piano performance. 2. Surveillance footage of a lesbian encounter. 3. Precise karate chops to the abdomen and neck.
Key Largo  1. “Put it this way, for a few hours you’re going to be our guests.” 2. He grabs her by the arms and goes in for a kiss. She’s too stunned to resist. 3. Glistening, miniature rubber … Continue reading
The Visitor  1. More proof that John Huston wore a safari suit the entire span of the 1970s. 2. Who dubbed Peckinpah. 3. The bird hovers in mid-air then suddenly grows a long, razor-sharp beak. It flies straight into … Continue reading
The African Queen  1. “‘What an absurd idea.’ ‘What an absurd idea.’ Lady, you got ten absurd ideas for my one.” 2. Leeches. Salt. 3. A flock of empty gin bottles bobbing in the river.
The Mackintosh Man  1. Dubious Australian accent. 2. The only telephone in town is a telephone booth. 3. Slamming into a stack of firewood.
The Man Who Would Be King  1. He uses the floor of the traincar as his watermelon spittoon. 2. “Kiss my royal arse.” “Not royal. Holy.” 3. Their laughter literally saves them.
Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison  1. Deborah Kerr says, “Poop.” 2. He eyes the creature warily. 3. As he’s being carried away in a stretcher, she helps him smoke a cigarette.