Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Support libraries! twitter.com/ALALibrary/sta… 8 minutes ago
- 3 things about John Huston’s THE AFRICAN QUEEN randomcha.net/2022/01/22/3-t… 4 hours ago
- 3 things about Walt Disney’s PETER PAN randomcha.net/2022/01/21/3-t… 1 day ago
- Now that Lost Lake is no more, new cocktail challenge? twitter.com/70s_party/stat… 1 day ago
- Offering support to my fellow filmmakers whose work isn't screening at S'dance, thereby ensuring that no one will g… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Guillermo del Toro’s NIGHTMARE ALLEY randomcha.net/2022/01/20/3-t… 2 days ago
- I can honestly say I wouldn't be a filmmaker today had I not seen Twin Peaks at the age of 13. twitter.com/BlackLCult/sta… 2 days ago
- Take note @DanielDKraus you're gonna have some competition ... twitter.com/BethMorrey/sta… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Anthony Powell’s ANTARCTICA: A YEAR ON ICE randomcha.net/2022/01/19/3-t… 3 days ago
- I know some writerly folks are on the lookout for a new job, and here's one you'd love! Let me know if you need mor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: John Huston
The African Queen  1. She unfurls the umbrella and positions it above his head. 2. Forging a blade. 3. A very quick marriage. 3 other things.
In This Our Life  1. A no-strings marriage. 2. Betty’s pretty floral dress. 3. “Whenever they’re in a tight spot, they lie for each other.”
The Night of the Iguana  1. Ava Gardner necking with two shirtless beach boys while standing in the moonlit surf.2. Pacing on broken glass.3. The eyes in her sketch.
Freud  1. “I’m not falling asleep. I’m gathering my strength. Sit down, and don’t interrupt me.” 2. False memories. 3. A scar just below his jawline, not hidden by his beard.
Under the Volcano  1. An old Indian woman playing dominoes with a chicken. 2. He endures a very brief shower and then submits to a shave. 3. The neatly printed business card.
The Kremlin Letter  1. George Sanders removes his wig and false eyelashes after a scintillating piano performance. 2. Surveillance footage of a lesbian encounter. 3. Precise karate chops to the abdomen and neck.
Key Largo  1. “Put it this way, for a few hours you’re going to be our guests.” 2. He grabs her by the arms and goes in for a kiss. She’s too stunned to resist. 3. Glistening, miniature rubber … Continue reading
The Visitor  1. More proof that John Huston wore a safari suit the entire span of the 1970s. 2. Who dubbed Peckinpah. 3. The bird hovers in mid-air then suddenly grows a long, razor-sharp beak. It flies straight into … Continue reading
The African Queen  1. “‘What an absurd idea.’ ‘What an absurd idea.’ Lady, you got ten absurd ideas for my one.” 2. Leeches. Salt. 3. A flock of empty gin bottles bobbing in the river.
The Mackintosh Man  1. Dubious Australian accent. 2. The only telephone in town is a telephone booth. 3. Slamming into a stack of firewood.