Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @billmckibben: Working through Facebook, the Trump campaign in 2016 set out to deter 3.5 million Black Americans from voting. This is ug… 9 hours ago
- RT @marclamonthill: RT if you pay more in taxes than President Trump. 1 day ago
- A huge fraud, as we've always known. 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ranald MacDougall’s THE WORLD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL randomcha.net/2020/09/27/3-t… 1 day ago
- Be honest: how much of this music have your heard in contemporary documentaries? It needs to end! youtu.be/AIxY_Y9TGWI 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ray Enright and Busby Berkeley’s DAMES randomcha.net/2020/09/26/3-t… 2 days ago
- Two nights ago I had a dream and in that dream I mixed up a cocktail, this exact recipe, and I tried it out last ni… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- THE WORLD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL is a film we ought to talk about more often. 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kogonada’s COLUMBUS randomcha.net/2020/09/24/3-t… 4 days ago
- RT @BurtonDiaries: 24 Sep 66 A little Monty Clift cult has started since his death. It would have been more useful when he was alive. He co… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: Hitchcock
Psycho  1. Dusty hotel binds. 2. Towel under the mop in the bucket. 3. “It isn’t gelling.” 3 other things.
North by Northwest  1. “I like your flavor.” 2. Laura’s Mercedes. 3. Can opener. 3 other things.
Vertigo  1. “It’s new and clean and waiting.” 2. “See? There’s an answer for everything.” 3. “I don’t think Mozart’s going to help at all.” A poem about Vertigo.
The Man Who Knew Too Much  1. Closeup of Jimmy Stewart, his bloodshot blue eyes. 2. The shop assistants hastily move the animals out of harm’s way. 3. The dignitaries bristle at her shrill voice. 3 other things.
The Trouble with Harry  1. “She’s a well-preserved woman … and preserves have to be opened someday.” 2. Autonomous closet door. 3. She hates cider.
Rear Window  1. “Of course, they can do the same thing to me. Watch me like a bug under a glass if they want to.” 2. Engle Hand Laundry. 3. A Montrachet wine. 3 other things.
Rope  1. Namedropping James Mason, Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman. 2. Dropping the rope into the kitchen drawer. 3. “Cat and mouse, cat and mouse, who’s the cat and who’s the mouse!” 3 other things.
Shadow of a Doubt (1943) 1. She includes Veronica Lake in her prayers. 2. “Do you always have to talk about killing people?” “We’re not talking about killing people. Herb’s talking about killing me, and I’m talking about killing him.” “It’s … Continue reading
Saboteur  1. Running into the bebop cat at the charity ball. “Beat it out, son. Beat it out.” 2. Curlers in her beard. 3. Perfect choice: a nasty soliloquy captured in a long shot. You don’t hear many folks … Continue reading
The Birds  1. A very insincere “I’m awfully sorry.” 2. “I’m still waiting on those Bloody Marys.” 3. “No. No!” 3 other things.