Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Leo McCarey’s MY SON JOHN randomcha.net/2021/05/15/3-t… 10 hours ago
- RT @FilmLinc: Happy Birthday, David Byrne! https://t.co/z0fviWu7WS 1 day ago
- RT @Scott_Heim: Four things I worship in early disco tracks: 1. frenetic congos 2. orgasmic background vocals 3. VIOLINS, preferably OVERDR… 3 days ago
- A true Chicago legend. twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Roy Andersson’s ABOUT ENDLESSNESS randomcha.net/2021/05/12/3-t… 3 days ago
- Ah, internet outage at home this morning means ... no work? 4 days ago
- 3 things about Quentin Tarantino’s PULP FICTION randomcha.net/2021/05/10/3-t… 5 days ago
- RT @kphipps3000: This creates a tremendous opening to bring back the Blockbuster Entertainment Awards. 5 days ago
- The equal of Dylan's "Nashville Skyline," which was being recorded at the same time at the same studio!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- 50% heartwarming/50% eerie. twitter.com/therealraywise… 6 days ago
Tag Archives: Hitchcock
Torn Curtain  1. Most asinine line of dialog: “But that’s behind the Iron Curtain!” 2. “To celebrate I will pay for the liquid.” 3. Under the blankets again. This movie reminds of David Lynch’s Dune: no matter how many … Continue reading
Marnie  1. “Don’t crowd me, lady. I’m fighting a powerful impulse to beat the hell out of you.” 2. She retreats somewhere deep inside herself and offers no resistance. 3. Rolled up newspaper as telescope. 3 other things.
The Birds  1. “Which is why the mail never gets delivered in this town.” 2. A fly on the leg of Annie’s corpse. 3. Chipped fingernail polish. 3 other things.
Psycho  1. Dusty hotel binds. 2. Towel under the mop in the bucket. 3. “It isn’t gelling.” 3 other things.
North by Northwest  1. “I like your flavor.” 2. Laura’s Mercedes. 3. Can opener. 3 other things.
Vertigo  1. “It’s new and clean and waiting.” 2. “See? There’s an answer for everything.” 3. “I don’t think Mozart’s going to help at all.” A poem about Vertigo.
The Man Who Knew Too Much  1. Closeup of Jimmy Stewart, his bloodshot blue eyes. 2. The shop assistants hastily move the animals out of harm’s way. 3. The dignitaries bristle at her shrill voice. 3 other things.
The Trouble with Harry  1. “She’s a well-preserved woman … and preserves have to be opened someday.” 2. Autonomous closet door. 3. She hates cider.
Rear Window  1. “Of course, they can do the same thing to me. Watch me like a bug under a glass if they want to.” 2. Engle Hand Laundry. 3. A Montrachet wine. 3 other things.
Rope  1. Namedropping James Mason, Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman. 2. Dropping the rope into the kitchen drawer. 3. “Cat and mouse, cat and mouse, who’s the cat and who’s the mouse!” 3 other things.