Enter ROY’S WORLD
Join 1,074 other followers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- nicholas ray
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Hyde Park, here we come! youtube.com/watch?feature=… randomcha.net/2022/09/25/hyd… 10 hours ago
- 3 things about Brett Morgen’s MOONAGE DAYDREAM randomcha.net/2022/09/25/3-t… 11 hours ago
- 3 things about W.S. Van Dyke’s PENTHOUSE randomcha.net/2022/09/25/3-t… 11 hours ago
- As a documentary filmmaker, this is disturbing for all sorts of reasons. If we won't allow filmmakers to harness th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
- 3 things about Sam Wood’s WHIPSAW randomcha.net/2022/09/24/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @jim_laczkowski: Smile (2022) https://t.co/C6m2whCbPA 1 day ago
- Now that it's autumn I am reupping this! twitter.com/randomcha/stat… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Nicholas Ray’s REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE randomcha.net/2022/09/23/3-t… 2 days ago
- #NowPlaying "Blue And Sentimental" by Ike Quebec on @TIDAL tidal.com/browse/track/7… 2 days ago
- Las Piñatas, in Old Town. Sigh. Those chips, that salsa. Enchiladas Norteno. Damn good margaritas. twitter.com/TimeOutChicago… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: Hitchcock
Notorious  1. The way he adjusts the scarf after tying it around her waist. 2. A short, sharp punch silences her. 3. “I have been expecting this.” 3 other things
Topaz  1. Private conversation in a walk-in cooler. 2. An important document lies beneath a half-eaten hamburger. 3. Two boarding ramps; one plane is heading to Washington, the other to Moscow.
Torn Curtain  1. Most asinine line of dialog: “But that’s behind the Iron Curtain!” 2. “To celebrate I will pay for the liquid.” 3. Under the blankets again. This movie reminds of David Lynch’s Dune: no matter how many … Continue reading
Marnie  1. “Don’t crowd me, lady. I’m fighting a powerful impulse to beat the hell out of you.” 2. She retreats somewhere deep inside herself and offers no resistance. 3. Rolled up newspaper as telescope. 3 other things.
The Birds  1. “Which is why the mail never gets delivered in this town.” 2. A fly on the leg of Annie’s corpse. 3. Chipped fingernail polish. 3 other things.
Psycho  1. Dusty hotel binds. 2. Towel under the mop in the bucket. 3. “It isn’t gelling.” 3 other things.
North by Northwest  1. “I like your flavor.” 2. Laura’s Mercedes. 3. Can opener. 3 other things.
Vertigo  1. “It’s new and clean and waiting.” 2. “See? There’s an answer for everything.” 3. “I don’t think Mozart’s going to help at all.” A poem about Vertigo.
The Man Who Knew Too Much  1. Closeup of Jimmy Stewart, his bloodshot blue eyes. 2. The shop assistants hastily move the animals out of harm’s way. 3. The dignitaries bristle at her shrill voice. 3 other things.
The Trouble with Harry  1. “She’s a well-preserved woman … and preserves have to be opened someday.” 2. Autonomous closet door. 3. She hates cider.