Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- It's a real shame that James Burke's CONNECTIONS isn't more easily accessible. Just watched the whole series for th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- 3 things about Chan-wook Park’s THE HANDMAIDEN randomcha.net/2021/01/25/3-t… 8 hours ago
- This film features the most disturbing line of dialogue Julie Andrews ever delivered: "I'm sticky, Charlie. I'm sti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
- Our first presentation of 2021! Stay tuned! twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 15 hours ago
- 3 things about John Sturges’s BY LOVE POSSESSED randomcha.net/2021/01/24/3-t… 1 day ago
- Imagine Paul Thomas Anderson taking this on. twitter.com/JDPCogginbooks… 2 days ago
- New Mop Punch by @DavidWondrich hits the spot. https://t.co/adlQmsI7A0 3 days ago
- RT @chipublib: On Jan. 26, join Kyle Westphal (@thefilmsociety) & Mike Mashon (@librarycongress) in a moderated conversation by Marilyn Fer… 3 days ago
- RT @007: NO TIME TO DIE 8 October 2021 https://t.co/HZlNG5kz8t 3 days ago
- The hype is all true: if you want 85 minutes of life-affirming enchantment, MY OCTOPUS TEACHER is what you need. So beautiful. 3 days ago
Tag Archives: Hitchcock
Saboteur  1. Running into the bebop cat at the charity ball. “Beat it out, son. Beat it out.” 2. Curlers in her beard. 3. Perfect choice: a nasty soliloquy captured in a long shot. You don’t hear many folks … Continue reading
The Birds  1. A very insincere “I’m awfully sorry.” 2. “I’m still waiting on those Bloody Marys.” 3. “No. No!” 3 other things.
Psycho  1. Photo on the wall in Marion’s bedroom: her parents? 2. Among the junk piled up behind the motel is a mop. 3. Shower curtain hooks. 3 other things.
Family Plot  1. Street sign for Bates Avenue. 2. High heel wedge on his face. 3. William Devane’s toothy grimace. Underrated! Barbara Harris is a national treasure.
Frenzy  1. Potato cunnilingus. 2. The way she pronounces it “tuh-quil-uh.” 3. Beating a dead corpse.
78/52: Hitchcock’s Shower Scene  1. A mixture of cassava and sirloin. 2. Syrup spatters. 3. Mrs. Bates’ blackface. A shade above a DVD special feature, but irresistible …
Sabotage  1. Forget about a bomb, the kid is walking the streets of London with a nitrate print! 2. Low shot: she slowly walks out the of the room and sits down on a chair in the hallway, her … Continue reading
Stage Fright  1. As he descends the stairs, a very smooth crane shot. 2. Smoking a cigarette through the veil. 3. Lovely Ducks has trouble opening the breach of the gun.
Rebecca  1. Fondling the fabric she says, “Look. You can see my hand through it.” 2. A dead flower arrangement in the corner. 3. She’s suddenly not there. 3 other things.
North by Northwest  1. “Yeah. And in all the right places, too.” 2. Thornhill pays for everything in cash. He must have a giant bankroll. 3. CU scraped hand. 3 other things.