Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Simply unmissable. twitter.com/phillipstribun… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Todd Phillips’s JOKER randomcha.net/2020/10/28/3-t… 1 day ago
- Wallace Shawn, as usual, cuts to the heart of things: nybooks.com/daily/2020/10/… 1 day ago
- Possible coping strategy: getting massively baked and watching lots of Ernie Kovacs on @Tubi. 2 days ago
- RT @RealLyndaCarter: This week, I’m spinning into my best superhero gear! Walk, run, or spin on down to the polls and vote early for @JoeBi… 2 days ago
- After 2 weeks of multiple health screens and asking everyone to quarantine, I surprised my closest inner circle wit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Do it, Texas! cc @wileywiggins twitter.com/DanielDKraus/s… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Luchina Fisher’s MAMA GLORIA randomcha.net/2020/10/27/3-t… 2 days ago
- Help support @CHIRPRadio! go.rallyup.com/e0f1e0 2 days ago
- RT @samesmail: People in Wisconsin. Trump’s criminal Supreme Court has fucked you over. Read this to make sure your vote gets counted. http… 2 days ago
Tag Archives: Halloween
The Girl with All the Gifts  1. Glug-glug-glug of the canteens being filled. 2. Eating a cat. Eating a bird. 3. Teacher in a cage.
Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror  1. The Birth of a Nation as the first black horror film.2. Interracial dancing in Blackula.3. Picking cotton in Get Out.
Attack the Block  1. Ron’s weed room. 2. “Rest in Peace, doggie.” 3. Hanging off the balcony from a Union Jack.
Cure  1. The sound of an empty washing machine. 2. An abrupt darkening of the room. On the ceiling above his head, a black spot appears. 3. Silently, the waitress picks up a knife and walks across the room.
Us  1. Two important coffee tables. 2. Putting on lip gloss. 3. Neck crunch.
Sisters  1. The African Club. A black waiter wearing a tuxedo jacket but no shirt. 2. Smashed cake. 3. A sofa in Quebec.
Creepshow  1. “I can hold my breath for a long, long time!” Leslie Nielsen freeze frame. 2. She takes along her spiked milk for the drive. 3. Violin gesture.
The Devil’s Backbone  1. For no discernible purpose, a long rack of knives. 2. Rum and spices. 3. Sharpened sticks.
God Told Me To  1. Jailhouse hallway prostitute interview. 2. Cronenbergesque vaginal orifice. 3. End credit dedication to Bernard Herrmann! Often crude and confusing but exciting.
Crimson Peak  1. A black hand reaches over her shoulder. 2. Spoon scrape. 3. “I heard you the first time.” A cheap laugh, a line that’s completely out of place in this movie.