Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @HHSGov: Glad that the COVID-19 vaccines are here? So am I. But I know it’s still important to mask up, stay at least six feet apart fro… 12 hours ago
- This Ed O'Brien + Jim Jarmusch livechat on Instagram is so fantastic. Geeking out together while raving about music and film. 15 hours ago
- RT @NoContextTrek: https://t.co/qNQfsDY46F 1 day ago
- 3 things about Spike Lee’s DA 5 BLOODS randomcha.net/2021/01/20/3-t… 1 day ago
- President Biden. Vice-president Harris. 1 day ago
- RT @jules_su: MORE GAGA LESS MAGA 1 day ago
- If only that was the last time we ever had to hear his voice. "Skyrocket downward." 1 day ago
- RT @sheilakathleen: “I’m not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I’m not dumb… and I also know I’m not blonde.” – Dolly Pa… 2 days ago
- 3 episodes of GOLDEN GIRLS back to back is where I'm at right now. 3 days ago
- 3 things about Steve McQueen’s SMALL AXE: RED, WHITE AND BLUE randomcha.net/2021/01/18/3-t… 3 days ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
By the numbers … 207: feature films I watched in 2020 (10 of which I viewed in a theater) 47: books I read in 2020 29: pizzas we ordered from The Art of Pizza 86: mystery green statistic Happy New … Continue reading
Years don’t matter any more, if they ever did. True is true. CAMERAPERSON (Kirsten Johnson) DON’T THINK I’VE FORGOTTEN: CAMBODIA’S LOST ROCK’N’ROLL (John Pirozzi) FIRST COW (Kelly Reichardt) I’M THINKING OF ENDING THINGS (Charlie Kaufman) JASPER MALL (Brett Whitcomb & … Continue reading
Inherent Vice  1. “Molto panacako!” 2. A bare patch on the sofa cushion’s vinyl cover. 3. “So, justice was served?” 3 other things.
Wonder Woman 1984  1. Fanny pack. 2. “Mind your business.” 3. Unwanted cows.
It’s a Wonderful Life  1. Mr. Gower’s voice is the first we hear. 2. Fifty cents on the dollar. 3. “Yeah, yeah yeah, soybeans, yeah.” 3 other things.
Die Hard  1. Japanese artifacts in the vault. 2. Is the nerd the only bad guy who doesn’t die? 3. “Now I know how a TV dinner feels.” 3 other things.
The Farewell  1. Professional crier. 2. She pulls up her shirt, revealing the cupping marks on her back. 3. Outside the window of her hotel room, a plume of cigarette smoke dissolves in the air.
Not necessarily released in 2020, these were nevertheless some of the songs I listened to all year long: a personal time capsule of the past twelve months. Enjoy!
The Apartment  1. Strand of leftover spaghetti on the tennis racket. He wraps it around his finger. 2. On her way out, she deposits a dime on the desk. 3. Key to the executive washroom. 3 other things.