Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- JOKER. Finally saw it. A film so bereft of originality, insight, and surprise it almost made me wish I was watching FIGHT CLUB. Almost. 3 hours ago
- After remaining ambivalent about the idea for a long time, this is what convinced me: vox.com/21424582/filib… twitter.com/SenMarkey/stat… 9 hours ago
- 3 things about Denis Villeneuve’s BLADE RUNNER 2049 randomcha.net/2020/10/26/3-t… 10 hours ago
- It's Monday morning. Will this week never end?! 17 hours ago
- Tina Yothers, Christian Slater, Donovan Freberg. (Yes, the kid from the Encyclopedia Britannica commercial.) twitter.com/dansaltzstein/… 1 day ago
- Damned tasty beer from @MetroBrewing ... pairs well with homemade chili. https://t.co/Se9AmlsubT 1 day ago
- 3 things about Roberto Rossellini’s EUROPA ’51 randomcha.net/2020/10/25/3-t… 1 day ago
- Coleman Hawkins, Today and Now. So perfect. 2 days ago
- A playlist for reading. randomcha.net/2020/10/24/a-p… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Ridley Scott’s BLADE RUNNER randomcha.net/2020/10/24/3-t… 2 days ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
House on Haunted Hill  1. “Don’t you see a little touch of greed around the mouth and eyes?” 2. Blood on the ceiling. 3. Marionette contraption.
Death Line  1. Fixation on teabags. 2. Handy oil dispenser. 3. Biting off a rat’s head. A few bravura sequences (opening title, lengthy tracking shot of the hidden lair) but this mostly plods along.
There Will Be Blood  1. “I should have known that under this, all these years you’ve been building your hate for me piece by piece.” 2. A plate of cold spare ribs. 3. Filthy will oil and dirt, lying … Continue reading
Knives Out  1. Dust bunnies on the floor of the abandoned laundromat. 2. Fruit magnet scrambling the videotape. 3. Jolly sailor at the foot of the staircase; an allusion to Sleuth? 3 other things.
Daughters of Darkness  1. “She’s leaving tomorrow.” “By that time, many things can happen.” 2. Nails painted blood red. 3. Shiny black raincoat as cape, shroud.
Kingdom of the Spiders  1. Nervous horses. 2. Are they swingers? 3. Coffee time.
Season of the Witch  1. Snapping tree branches slashing her face. Somehow the opening scene reminds me of the opening scene of Belle de Jour. 2. Momentary cat. Just a stray that wandered in? 3. New, towering hairdo.
Them!  1. Their first view is of her legs. 2. Flame shadows. 3. Numbered drain pipes. 3 other things.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  1. Chorus with toads. 2. “You may be young in years but the heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid’s, your soul as dry as the … Continue reading
Bug  1. About five minutes after telling her he’ll wait for her outside, he gets in the truck and leaves. 2. Eureka moment triggered by opening a cold can of Schlitz. 3. Clunky homage to The Birds.