Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- I mean ... why not? #NaNoWriMo20 nanowrimo.org/participants/r… https://t.co/9ziU2Q8I4I 10 minutes ago
- My dorkiest costume. Happy Halloween! https://t.co/aNBYo3WTuM 1 hour ago
- RT @susie_dent: Word of the day is ‘latibulate’ (17th century): to hide in a corner in an attempt to escape reality. 4 hours ago
- Oh gosh. This is tough. twitter.com/ScottyGinett/s… 4 hours ago
- Simply unmissable. twitter.com/phillipstribun… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Todd Phillips’s JOKER randomcha.net/2020/10/28/3-t… 3 days ago
- Wallace Shawn, as usual, cuts to the heart of things: nybooks.com/daily/2020/10/… 3 days ago
- Possible coping strategy: getting massively baked and watching lots of Ernie Kovacs on @Tubi. 3 days ago
- RT @RealLyndaCarter: This week, I’m spinning into my best superhero gear! Walk, run, or spin on down to the polls and vote early for @JoeBi… 3 days ago
- After 2 weeks of multiple health screens and asking everyone to quarantine, I surprised my closest inner circle wit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: musicals
The Harvey Girls  1. Paris, Illinois. 2. Burning building brawl. 3. Ray Bolger as spinning top.
Hairspray  1. Negro Day, the last Thursday of each month. 2. Kicking aside the rat. 3. “Oh my God! There are colored people in my house!”
Jazz ’34: Remembrances of Kansas City Swing  1. Water pitcher as mute. 2. He takes off his jacket, carefully buttons his vest, proceeds to blow. 3. BBQ wagon on the street.
The Cotton Club Encore [1984/2019] 1. Simulated lightning. 2. Blood-covered candy. 3. Platinum pocketwatch.
A Star Is Born  1. She kisses him first. 2. A tiny, squelched “no.” 3. Spanish musical troupe rehearsing backstage. 3 other things.
True Stories  1. Multiple instances of red drapes. 2. A coffee machine in the bedroom of Miss Rollings. 3. “What else is a field good for but building houses?” It’s hard to overstate how important this film has been … Continue reading
Popeye  1. Me Pap, Me Son. 2. A House of Ill Repuke. 3. Flying octopus. 3 other things.
The Gay Divorcee  1. Fred finger-dances. 2. “Well Mrs. Glossop, I’ll work my brain to the bone for you.” 3. Motor-driven revolving doors.
Swing Time  1. “Snow tastes just as bad as water!” 2. A pair of enormous legs. 3. Shampoo. 3 other things.
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers  1. Sorrel as a wedding bouquet. 2. Board dance-off. 3. Everyone claims the child; everyone has to get married.