Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about John Hancock’s LET’S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH randomcha.net/2020/10/20/3-t… 2 hours ago
- So I put together this playlist and I think it's pretty swell and you should check it out. twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 4 hours ago
- RT @samuelbbeckett: Finished, it’s finished, nearly finished, it must be nearly finished. 1 day ago
- 3 things about Spike Lee’s DAVID BYRNE’S AMERICAN UTOPIA randomcha.net/2020/10/19/3-t… 1 day ago
- Sigh, it me. twitter.com/aimeecarrero/s… 1 day ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: A very Happy Birthday indeed! 1 day ago
- It, is, wonderful. twitter.com/HBO/status/131… 2 days ago
- RT @truffhoe: seven months at home https://t.co/0Jd2RA7Cj6 3 days ago
- RT @whitecitycinema: Do you care about cinema? Do you care about Chicago? Then you need to watch the @kartemquin masterpiece CITY SO REAL,… 3 days ago
- View from our getaway. Already feeling very refreshed. Lakeside, Michigan. https://t.co/GxUEkiWQOM 5 days ago
Monthly Archives: December 2018
2018 was the year I learned that when you’re making a film, you don’t go to theaters very often. Or at least I didn’t. As a result, there are lots of 2018 heavyweights missing from my list. For me, watching … Continue reading
Licence to Kill  1. Parachuting into the wedding. 2. Bond and Q share a bedroom. 3. Felix seems to have completely gotten over the death of his wife. In the bottom five worst 007 films. 3 other things.
Mary Queen of Scots  1. Animal herd traffic jam. 2. Black wedding dress. 3. A pardon in exchange for the bond.
The Other Side of the Wind  1. School bus full of dummies. 2. “When you talk poor to the rich, they jump to conclusions. They think we’re getting ready for the touch.” 3. Birthday candles reflected in Bogdonovich’s glasses.
Arthur Christmas  1. “Converting milk and cookies to biofuel.” 2. Three pieces of sticky tape. 3. A really big map. Thank you Keith Phipps for the suggestion!
Winchester ’73  1. “Are we going to quarrel?” he asks wearily. 2. Time for a quick cup of coffee before the attack. 3. Rock Hudson as an Indian chief, Tony Curtis as a cavalry soldier!
Outlaw King  1. Horses’ hooves, apples, mud. 2. Suspended in a hanging cage. 3. Impalement galore.
I am pleased to announce that animator Kevin Eskew has come onboard Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago. Alongside Lilli Carré’s work, his animation will help the Roy stories come to life. Originally hailing from Indianapolis, Kevin attended the Animation Program … Continue reading
Certain Women  1. At the food court, she watches a teen in ceremonial dress order some Asian food. 2. Sliding open the bar door to reveal a magnificent view. Day after day after day. 3. “No privacy.” 3 other … Continue reading