Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Marlon Brando
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- the thin man
- twin peaks
- Woody Allen
- Off to #alaac19 in the morning! 4 hours ago
- "Who gives a fuckin' shit how long a scene is?!" twitter.com/nickusen/statu… 1 day ago
- Today's foggy weather can only mean one thing: after work I'm heading to Lost Lake for a few hours of tropical healing. 1 day ago
- One of my favorite movies at age 13 was DEAD OF WINTER. Mary Steenburgen rules. So it was pretty awesome to finally… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Joseph H. Lewis’s MY NAME IS JULIA ROSS randomcha.net/2019/06/17/3-t… 2 days ago
- 3 things about François Ozon’s FRANTZ randomcha.net/2019/06/15/3-t… 4 days ago
- Ozon. FRANTZ. How does he do it? Every single film! A master. 5 days ago
- 3 things about Alex Thompson & Kelly O’Sullivan’s SAINT FRANCES randomcha.net/2019/06/14/3-t… 5 days ago
- Just one gem from last night's movie: author of the book "Resting Rich Face." 5 days ago
- Wow. SAINT FRANCES really is all that. Tremendous. 5 days ago
Monthly Archives: December 2018
2018 was the year I learned that when you’re making a film, you don’t go to theaters very often. Or at least I didn’t. As a result, there are lots of 2018 heavyweights missing from my list. For me, watching … Continue reading
Licence to Kill  1. Parachuting into the wedding. 2. Bond and Q share a bedroom. 3. Felix seems to have completely gotten over the death of his wife. In the bottom five worst 007 films. 3 other things.
Mary Queen of Scots  1. Animal herd traffic jam. 2. Black wedding dress. 3. A pardon in exchange for the bond.
The Other Side of the Wind  1. School bus full of dummies. 2. “When you talk poor to the rich, they jump to conclusions. They think we’re getting ready for the touch.” 3. Birthday candles reflected in Bogdonovich’s glasses.
Arthur Christmas  1. “Converting milk and cookies to biofuel.” 2. Three pieces of sticky tape. 3. A really big map. Thank you Keith Phipps for the suggestion!
Winchester ’73  1. “Are we going to quarrel?” he asks wearily. 2. Time for a quick cup of coffee before the attack. 3. Rock Hudson as an Indian chief, Tony Curtis as a cavalry soldier!
Outlaw King  1. Horses’ hooves, apples, mud. 2. Suspended in a hanging cage. 3. Impalement galore.