Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Gordon Douglas’s LADY IN CEMENT randomcha.net/2020/07/12/3-t… 18 hours ago
- RT @DrJamesJBailey: Petitioning to have Susan Sontag’s ‘Notes on Camp’ replaced on all university reading lists with this Lauren Bacall cof… 23 hours ago
- This'll tide me over until the @DanielDKraus LIVING DEAD novel is published next month. twitter.com/disneyparksjob… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Gordon Douglas’s TONY ROME randomcha.net/2020/07/11/3-t… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Barry Jenkins’ IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK randomcha.net/2020/07/11/3-t… 1 day ago
- So many amazing new films to watch. So of course tonight's viewing is TONY ROME. 2 days ago
- RT @corumphoto: President #DonaldTrump holds a roundtable meeting with Hispanic leaders in the cabinet room before signing an Executive Ord… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kelly Reichardt’s FIRST COW randomcha.net/2020/07/10/3-t… 2 days ago
- Couldn't agree more. What a splendid film. Looking forward to the day I can rewatch it on a big screen. twitter.com/Mt_Skvll/statu… 2 days ago
- Oily-cakes, I am completely on board. 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: October 2019
The Cotton Club Encore [1984/2019] 1. Simulated lightning. 2. Blood-covered candy. 3. Platinum pocketwatch.
Vampire Circus  1. Bat emerging from an eye socket. 2. Puppet panther carnage. 3. Vanquished with a crossbow. (Get it?) This film has a cult reputation and now having seen it I’m very disappointed.
Brokeback Mountain  1. Quick spit. 2. Price tag. 3. White farmhouse interior.
Ladies They Talk About  1. “For a dumb dick you’ve got a memory like an elephant.” 2. A fascinating scene where a black woman backtalks to an older white woman, without any real reprisal. And the penitentiary is integrated! … Continue reading
Vernon, Florida  1. “Smartest bird we got in this country.” 2. Therefore sermon. 3. Holding the possum by its tail.
The Birds  1. A very insincere “I’m awfully sorry.” 2. “I’m still waiting on those Bloody Marys.” 3. “No. No!” 3 other things.
Spectre  1. Only Blofeld gets his own microphone. 2. A kite dancing in a hurricane. 3. M’s bulldog on his desk. 3 other things.
I had the great pleasure of being interviewed by Matt Fagerholm for Indie Outlook. The result is a deep dive into the making of the film. Enjoy!
My Brilliant Career  1. “You have a wildness of spirit which is going to get you into trouble all of your life.” 2. All the pages of the book pasted on the wall. Reading it by walking around the … Continue reading
The Hitch-Hiker  1. A bum eye that never closes. 2. He likes tomato soup. 3. The handcuffs cause him to panic.