Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Leo McCarey’s MY SON JOHN randomcha.net/2021/05/15/3-t… 8 hours ago
- RT @FilmLinc: Happy Birthday, David Byrne! https://t.co/z0fviWu7WS 1 day ago
- RT @Scott_Heim: Four things I worship in early disco tracks: 1. frenetic congos 2. orgasmic background vocals 3. VIOLINS, preferably OVERDR… 3 days ago
- A true Chicago legend. twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Roy Andersson’s ABOUT ENDLESSNESS randomcha.net/2021/05/12/3-t… 3 days ago
- Ah, internet outage at home this morning means ... no work? 4 days ago
- 3 things about Quentin Tarantino’s PULP FICTION randomcha.net/2021/05/10/3-t… 5 days ago
- RT @kphipps3000: This creates a tremendous opening to bring back the Blockbuster Entertainment Awards. 5 days ago
- The equal of Dylan's "Nashville Skyline," which was being recorded at the same time at the same studio!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- 50% heartwarming/50% eerie. twitter.com/therealraywise… 6 days ago
Monthly Archives: May 2016
The Enemy Below  1. Navy-branded cup and saucer, white china with a blue anchor. 2. One sailor is reading Gibbons, and the other’s reading Little Orphan Annie. 3. Oil coursing down the depth gauge.
Peyton Place  1. His lies down next to her on the rock crotch first. 2. A giant “frankfurt” and two bottles of Coca-Cola. 3. Delivering Christmas presents in a flaming red dress.
The name of this punch comes from Sid Sackson’s classic game Acquire. In the game, when two hotel chains are merged by placement of a connecting tile, the majority share holder of the liquidated hotel receives a bonus based on … Continue reading
A Summer Place  1. She returns from being rescued to discover that her mother has hired a physician to inspect her body and confirm the state of her virginity. 2. An all-plastic Christmas tree. “The tree should last at … Continue reading
Factotum  1. “The big trick with that car was how to turn on the headlights.” 2. A wall painting which depicts an iguana mariachi band. 3. He pukes, then slams a beer as if his life depended on it. … Continue reading
Spectre  1. 009’s taste in music. 2. “Do me a favor, will you? Throw that down the toilet. Cut out the middleman.” 3. He sits down and picks cat hair off his jacket. 3 other things.
Journey to the Center of the Earth  1. Morse code duck. 2. Shirtless Hans. 3. Red lizard, red lava.
The Fly  1. “Where’s she gone?” “Into space? A stream of cat atoms.” 2. A clear plastic evidence pouch, containing a dead fly. 3. He bends over her unconscious body, as if to kiss her.
High-Rise  1. The group humiliates him and walks away. Between his lips he inserts a bent cigarette. 2. Slow pan of progressively rotting fruit. 3. “I was talking to the building.” An exquisitely nasty distillation of J. G. Ballard … Continue reading
Gravity  1. Parachute like a jellyfish. 2. A tiny flame floats away. 3. She taps the gauge and the needle descends. 3 other things.