Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Jack Arnold’s THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN randomcha.net/2021/03/01/3-t… 47 minutes ago
- RT @POETSorg: Dear March - Come in - How glad I am - I hoped for you before - —Emily Dickinson poets.org/poem/dear-marc… #WomensHistoryMon… 7 hours ago
- 3 things about Garrett Bradley’s TIME randomcha.net/2021/02/28/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: On this day exactly 1 year ago we had our World Premiere at @glasgowfilmfest. Even as we lament the terribleness of the… 1 day ago
- Final days–ROY’S WORLD at Beloit randomcha.net/2021/02/27/fin… 2 days ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: Last two days to catch our film! Them that hesitate are late. twitter.com/ChiFilmArchive… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Paul Thomas Anderson’s PHANTOM THREAD randomcha.net/2021/02/27/3-t… 2 days ago
- LOVE THIS. twitter.com/AlvarezGibson/… 3 days ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: Tonight's the night for our @BeloitFilmFest Q&A, which is free by the way. Featuring composer/performer Jason Adasiewicz… 3 days ago
- RT @cevangelista413: King of the headshots https://t.co/9eOJVKJRRz 4 days ago
Monthly Archives: September 2016
Michael Smith, a fellow filmmaker and an erudite film scholar, honored me by conducting a wide ranging interview with me on the new episode of his podcast the White City Cinema Radio Hour. You can also access it via PodSnack. … Continue reading
Driftwood  1. Best potato scenes since The Turin Horse. 2. Sad makeup job. 3. In the bedroom, a shelf of porcelain objects labeled THE AMERICANA COLLECTION. Audacious, tactile, oddly refreshing.
Human Desire  1. She undoes the straps of her dress and shows him the bruises. 2. He says he only wants coffee, yet in the kitchen he sits down and eats a full breakfast. 3. “You never knew me. … Continue reading
Daddy’s Boy  1. The first glimpse of high heels. 2. “No. You can take off your shirt if you’d like.” 3. A trail of suds slithers down his back.
Scoop  1. Random Toby Jones cameo. 2. “I never gain an ounce. My anxiety acts as aerobics.” 3. A Theodore Dreiser reference?
Bulworth  1. Not collard greens. Kale. 2. “All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open-ended program of procreative racial deconstruction. Everybody just gotta keep fuckin’ …. everybody ’til they’re all the same color.” 3. The coke spoon just out … Continue reading
Murder Ahoy  1. A waxy envelope with figures written on the back. 2. Curling his beard before bed. 3. Which direction is the hilt pointing?
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad  1. A flock of paper airplanes. 2. He sticks his nose inside a book on which nothing is printed. 3. Scary tree with firefly eyes.
Streamers  1. He’s reading Ariel by Sylvia Plath. 2. “I talk bad, I don’t do bad.” 3. Top bunk/bottom bunk footsie.