Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- It's Monday morning. Will this week never end?! 6 hours ago
- Tina Yothers, Christian Slater, Donovan Freberg. (Yes, the kid from the Encyclopedia Britannica commercial.) twitter.com/dansaltzstein/… 18 hours ago
- Damned tasty beer from @MetroBrewing ... pairs well with homemade chili. https://t.co/Se9AmlsubT 18 hours ago
- 3 things about Roberto Rossellini’s EUROPA ’51 randomcha.net/2020/10/25/3-t… 23 hours ago
- Coleman Hawkins, Today and Now. So perfect. 1 day ago
- A playlist for reading. randomcha.net/2020/10/24/a-p… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ridley Scott’s BLADE RUNNER randomcha.net/2020/10/24/3-t… 2 days ago
- RT @andrewfcarlin: tfw you got your Biden vote in early https://t.co/nLCkgVluBf 2 days ago
- RT @JoeBiden: After eight months of this pandemic, we finally found President Trump's plan to beat COVID-19. trumpcovidplan.com 2 days ago
- Philip Kaufman likes my film (!) 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: October 2018
The long, mysterious saga of the famous Zombie (b. 1934) has been recounted elsewhere with a thoroughness that still amazes me. Therefore I shall make no attempt to summarize here. (Besides, I already did that at Chicagoist years ago.) Instead … Continue reading
Jigoku  1. Low angle long take: burlesque cocktail waitress plies her trade. 2. An endless vista of stones. 3. Needle hell. This movie is bats. And it’s from 1960! I’ve never seen anything like it.
The Ghost Ship  1. Was the bar fight completely staged? 2. Swinging hook, rattling chains. 3. Does he administer the injection or not?
The Leopard Man  1. A pair of glowing eyes. 2. He asks, “Want to dance, Helen?” She replies, bored, “I suppose so.” 3. They never do make it to Chicago.
Horror of Dracula  1. Librarian/vampire hunter. 2. An old woman with a stake through her heart. 3. Crumbled foot, hand, face.
Co-curated by Roy’s World animator Lilli Carré, the 2018 edition of Eyeworks Festival of Experimental Animation is right around the corner. And in three different time zones! First, on Nov. 3 at REDCAT in LA; then on Nov. 10 at … Continue reading
The Devil’s Bride  1. “Don’t look at its eyes!” 2. Spider and girl. 3. Time travel!
King Kong  1. Jawbreaking. 2. The $20 ticket to see the beast is equivalent to about $388 today. 3. He examines the bullethole in his chest, the blood on his fingers.
Into the Inferno  1. Chicken Church. 2. After an explosion, never turn your back on the crater. Look up for volcanic bombs. 3. “This boiling mass is just monumentally indifferent to scurrying roaches, retarded reptiles, and vapid humans alike.”
Wild at Heart  1. Flickering flame light fixtures in the motel room. 2. “I’ve got sticky stuff in my hair.” 3. Multiple car accidents. 3 other things.