Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Music from the shoreline shopping mall nightclub of your most intimate fantasy. Turn down the lights and get closer. mypetflamingo.bandcamp.com/album/couples-… 9 hours ago
- Looking forward to catching the newest Terrence Davies masterpiece at @CriticsFf today. 18 hours ago
- 3 things about James Ivory’s A ROOM WITH A VIEW randomcha.net/2022/05/15/3-t… 19 hours ago
- RT @Whimsurge: #KevinCostner #Film #Movies https://t.co/YFVM2hUFv1 22 hours ago
- 3 things about Michelangelo Antonioni’s RED DESERT randomcha.net/2022/05/14/3-t… 1 day ago
- Watching RED DESERT and A ROOM WITH A VIEW in quick succession has given me a certain amount of whiplash. 1 day ago
- I pre-ordered this so fast I frightened myself. Heads up @freemorpheme. twitter.com/numerogroup/st… 2 days ago
- RT @Criterion: Farewell to the great actor Fred Ward, seen here in SHORT CUTS (1993), one of his memorable collaborations with Robert Altma… 2 days ago
- Would you like to be my boss? Seriously. recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1043ALA/Job… 2 days ago
- Ridiculously excited about this. twitter.com/musicboxtheatr… 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: March 2021
Minari  1. He notices the sky is green. 2. “Ding-dong broken.” 3. When it’s hiding, it’s more dangerous.
Cotton Comes to Harlem  1. Their squad car smashes into a truck carrying watermelons. 2. Neon sign for MAMA CHILI. 3. Fistfight in the prop room of the Apollo Theater.
Diamantino  1. “I have lumps.” 2. Moors, building a wall. 3. “Did that nun just say, ‘Fuck you?’”
The Vast of Night  1. They knew that even if they talked, no one would listen to them. 2. Expertly threading the tape recorder, again and again. 3. Sprinting with the baby.
The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara  1. On the roof of a trolley, a crowd of people wearing masks and cheering the end of the Great War. 2. Telegram to his fiancée: … Continue reading
Justice League  1. Evidently, if you’re a man, any man, you’ve got daddy issues. 2. Fake Martha Kent. 3. “She’s 5,000 years old, Barry. Every guy’s a younger guy.” 3 other things.
Something Wild  1. A watermelon-shaped zipper pouch. 2. David Byrne’s mom suggests he get rid of the handcuffs. 3. Smear of blood through his hair. 3 other things.
Madame X  1. Painted on eyebags. 2. Ricardo Montalban plays a character named … Phil Benton. And lives in a fabulous split-level bachelor pad in Manhattan. 3. Spanish Inquisition-themed nightclub.
Being There  1. Hal Ashby’s cameo in the newsroom! I’ve seen this film countless times and yet I never noticed it till now. 2. “I’m glad you didn’t open, Eve.” 3. He gently tends to the bent sapling.
Sweet Bird of Youth  1. She wants him now and she means now, not later. 2. “Don’t call me ‘honey.’ I can’t stand being called ‘honey’ by unknown persons of the same gender.” “What’s gender, honey?” 3. A nautically … Continue reading