Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- This is just so freaking sad. twitter.com/benkenigsberg/… 6 hours ago
- RT @meganeabbott: Today's sorely needed inspo: Anjelica Huston, showing us all how to take on a dreary late-pandemic Monday Photo: Annie… 7 hours ago
- Wonderful stuff. twitter.com/Chicago_Reader… 14 hours ago
- 3 things about Alain Resnais’ LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD randomcha.net/2021/04/11/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @PostCultRev: Fans bully major studio into releasing an extended 4-hour cut of “Last Year at Marienbad” that includes never-before-seen… 1 day ago
- Watched it again last night. https://t.co/Nt9xlwNS3b 1 day ago
- RT @MissMargoPrice: Moderna, J&J and Pfizer teaming up to save the summer https://t.co/14iF2siCH7 2 days ago
- 3 things about Michael Radford’s NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR randomcha.net/2021/04/10/3-t… 2 days ago
- https://t.co/HxGgQVIvj0 3 days ago
- I watched LOST HIGHWAY three times on opening weekend. Multiplex at Michigan/Ohio. twitter.com/jburd22/status… 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: February 2021
Time  1. Dingdong #2 and #1. 2. Bad credit, wants the most expensive car on the lot. 3. Torching the cardboard cutout on the grill.
Only two more days! If you’re reading this from Wisconsin or Illinois, you can watch the film as part of the Beloit International Film Festival—through February 28!
Phantom Thread  1. POV car shots that recall the opening sequence of Lawrence of Arabia.2. Literally sizing her up.3. Vest, jacket, ascot over pajamas. 3 other things.
Fish Tank  1. He passes her the beer, looks at her with a vague hopefulness. 2. “You need sorting out.” 3. She can’t swim.
Secret Honor  1. He extracts a cassette from the inner pocket of his smoking jacket.2. Dual meanings of the word “pardon.”3. Black Irish.
Crossfire  1. He’s a former cop from St. Louis. Four years on the East side. 2. Leroy stoops to pick up the pad of paper. The contempt on Montgomery’s face. 3. Incorrect address. 3 other things.
The Wolf of Snow Hollow  1. “Anger management.” 2. Falling asleep at the library. 3. Shattered oven door.
If you’re reading this from Wisconsin or Illinois, you can watch the film as part of the Beloit International Film Festival—now through February 28! And as part of the festival, Jason Adasiewicz (who composed the score and performs on the … Continue reading
Torn Curtain  1. Most asinine line of dialog: “But that’s behind the Iron Curtain!” 2. “To celebrate I will pay for the liquid.” 3. Under the blankets again. This movie reminds of David Lynch’s Dune: no matter how many … Continue reading
Dead of Night  1. Savagely tearing apart the mirror on the wall. 2. “What shall we do tonight? Dress up, spend lots of money?” 3. Smashed face on the floor.