Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Music from the shoreline shopping mall nightclub of your most intimate fantasy. Turn down the lights and get closer. mypetflamingo.bandcamp.com/album/couples-… 9 hours ago
- Looking forward to catching the newest Terrence Davies masterpiece at @CriticsFf today. 18 hours ago
- 3 things about James Ivory’s A ROOM WITH A VIEW randomcha.net/2022/05/15/3-t… 18 hours ago
- RT @Whimsurge: #KevinCostner #Film #Movies https://t.co/YFVM2hUFv1 22 hours ago
- 3 things about Michelangelo Antonioni’s RED DESERT randomcha.net/2022/05/14/3-t… 1 day ago
- Watching RED DESERT and A ROOM WITH A VIEW in quick succession has given me a certain amount of whiplash. 1 day ago
- I pre-ordered this so fast I frightened myself. Heads up @freemorpheme. twitter.com/numerogroup/st… 2 days ago
- RT @Criterion: Farewell to the great actor Fred Ward, seen here in SHORT CUTS (1993), one of his memorable collaborations with Robert Altma… 2 days ago
- Would you like to be my boss? Seriously. recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1043ALA/Job… 2 days ago
- Ridiculously excited about this. twitter.com/musicboxtheatr… 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: February 2021
Time  1. Dingdong #2 and #1. 2. Bad credit, wants the most expensive car on the lot. 3. Torching the cardboard cutout on the grill.
Only two more days! If you’re reading this from Wisconsin or Illinois, you can watch the film as part of the Beloit International Film Festival—through February 28!
Phantom Thread  1. POV car shots that recall the opening sequence of Lawrence of Arabia.2. Literally sizing her up.3. Vest, jacket, ascot over pajamas. 3 other things.
Fish Tank  1. He passes her the beer, looks at her with a vague hopefulness. 2. “You need sorting out.” 3. She can’t swim.
Secret Honor  1. He extracts a cassette from the inner pocket of his smoking jacket.2. Dual meanings of the word “pardon.”3. Black Irish.
Crossfire  1. He’s a former cop from St. Louis. Four years on the East side. 2. Leroy stoops to pick up the pad of paper. The contempt on Montgomery’s face. 3. Incorrect address. 3 other things.
The Wolf of Snow Hollow  1. “Anger management.” 2. Falling asleep at the library. 3. Shattered oven door.
If you’re reading this from Wisconsin or Illinois, you can watch the film as part of the Beloit International Film Festival—now through February 28! And as part of the festival, Jason Adasiewicz (who composed the score and performs on the … Continue reading
Torn Curtain  1. Most asinine line of dialog: “But that’s behind the Iron Curtain!” 2. “To celebrate I will pay for the liquid.” 3. Under the blankets again. This movie reminds of David Lynch’s Dune: no matter how many … Continue reading
Dead of Night  1. Savagely tearing apart the mirror on the wall. 2. “What shall we do tonight? Dress up, spend lots of money?” 3. Smashed face on the floor.