Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Ingmar Bergman’s THE PASSION OF ANNA randomcha.net/2021/09/25/3-t… 13 hours ago
- I feel this in every one of my weary bones. We locked picture two years ago. twitter.com/ryanestabrooks… 2 days ago
- Umm, it me :| theonion.com/unvaccinated-m… 2 days ago
- OMG these are all films I've been dying to see. Especially the @Lilfilm. Can't wait! twitter.com/CriticsFf/stat… 2 days ago
- RT @SabinaStent: I love 'Sirk Season' —@I mean Autumn — so much 🍂🧡#AutumnEquinox https://t.co/PI6COHfg7D 3 days ago
- Got to read this. A project that only Paul Auster would attempt. twitter.com/HenryHolt/stat… 5 days ago
- Leonard Maltin as a one-man justice squad = a film I would pay to see. twitter.com/leonardmaltin/… 5 days ago
- RT @stephens_ben: Oh my sweet summer child. https://t.co/xJGtZqUqlu 6 days ago
- 3 things about Nicolas Meyer’s STAR TREK VI: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY randomcha.net/2021/09/19/3-t… 6 days ago
- RT @SooFilmFest: Our next block of films starting at 4:30pm presents the story of poet, author, and screenwriter Barry Gifford and 1950s Ch… 1 week ago
Monthly Archives: August 2021
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home  1. “One damn minute, Admiral.” 2. The look on his face when he accidentally turns on the windshield wipers. 3. A Scandinavian whaling ship? 3 other things.
Preparations to Be Together for an Unknown Period of Time  1. Liberty Bridge, on the Pest side. 2. Monitoring his speech functions during brain surgery. 3. An enormous speaker suspended high from a crane over the street.
Bridesmaids  1. A lap nap. 2. A delicious pink lemonade. 3. A little Judy Garland. 3 other things.
Portrait of a Lady on Fire  1. She’s never heard an orchestra. 2. “At a certain point, you stop.” 3. Her finger on page 28.
The Evening Hour  1. “Small town lies to pass the time.” 2. Terry kisses his hand. 3. He rips the wire off his chest and throws it on the ground. (And in the background, a DO NOT LITTER sign.)
Bells Are Ringing  1. Threadbare carpet. 2. No tenth symphony. 3. Her do-do-do-do-dos.
“Winters never looked this cold, newspapers never looked this culpable, and Mayor Daley’s cronies never felt so real.” —Michael J. Casey, Boulder Weekly My film Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago screens at the 2021 Mimesis Documentary Festival on Tuesday, August … Continue reading
Hara-Kiri  1. Flexing the swords to prove what they’re made of. 2. Tracking shot of wind moving through the grass. 3. Literally, an empty suit.